Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
simon64 said:
Liam's a decent player but he's a stop gap. He's 10% of Kieran.

We need to hang on to Matt. I can't believe people are suggesting other options would be ok. Stop drinking and posting.

We need to hang on to Brett, T Rex and Matai as well, but can't hold them all

All 4 of them can't be replaced

bennyeagle said:
If we were to lose matty b I'd hope we would be ready to bring someone in that has the same impact as what matty does, he's apart of the spine, you lose a vertebrae and the spine has to rebuild or re mould.

If he was "apart of the spine" then he would have bigger problems than losing a vertebrae. ;)

stoodamire said:
Maybe Liam Foran might turn out something like Glenn Stewart. No one rated him during his first few years at Manly. Now look at him.

I believe Buhrer is most likely to become our next Glenn Stewart. I can't wait to see him in 1 or 2 more seasons time. Liam has been around for a while so I don't think there are going to be any surprises there.

Jatz Crackers said:
simon64 said:
I can't believe people are suggesting other options would be ok. Stop drinking and posting.

You do realise that if people follow your instructions then it will take a lot of fun and stupidity out of the place.

You're right of course JC. Nothing like the "I lurv you maaaate" post.

Bob Fulton left manly
It was said we'd never win again
We won a year later

Nobody is irreplaceable, not even an immortal

I for one am tired of the imitator

Can't wait to have the real one back
That kick out on the full was almost very costly, he can thank Matai, Harrison, Gifty, Lyon and the wolf after that game

I was happy with the way Liam played last night. He's improving nicely as you would expect from a new guy in the top grade.

stoodamire said:
Maybe Liam Foran might turn out something like Glenn Stewart. No one rated him during his first few years at Manly. Now look at him.

a bit of heart can get u a long way...ala fatty vautin....in a lot of ppls minds.....i thnink fatty had skills..but thts another story!

The Eagle said:
Bob Fulton left manly
It was said we'd never win again
We won a year later

Nobody is irreplaceable, not even an immortal

that has to be by a million and one country miles the smartest thing you have ever posted here

2 strange reoccuring views here.

1. that Matt Ballin is irreplacable. If we believe that then we be screwed soon, he is 28.

2. That Liam Foran @ 24 is the next savior. He isnt a prop.

Yeah Liam had a smashing game on Fri night. Just watch how well he set up a couple of tries particularly Matai's before half time and Wolf's match winning try.I just keep watching that try over and over again it was sensational. 95 meters 2 minutes to go what a champion team we have.

The Eagle said:
I for one am tired of the imitator

Can't wait to have the real one back
That kick out on the full was almost very costly, he can thank Matai, Harrison, Gifty, Lyon and the wolf after that game

It was inexcusable of Liam with that kick but it was the inexperienced Taufua who was at dummy half and passed it straight to him (and it wasn't a crisp pass to his chest). I think Liam was expecting Taufua to pass it to DCE who was standing next to Liam. In any case, better communication was needed so that this could have been avoided. I think overall communication has been lacking this season.

I'm glad he's still being picked even when Kieran is back. I can't see why he can't add Hinchcliffe type of value to us.

He is looking better each week. Still think he is not in our best 17 but is good for depth and might turn into a good utility.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8