Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While he doesn't have the skill set of KFoz he's fast becoming a player that all clubs need and loves the club.

Hope his passion is rewarded with an extended contract.
Still think he can play a part in our title defence and going back 2 back

I just saw Liam foran score a try for his new english team (reds).

They were playing in about 5-10cm's of snow!!!!!

That's gotta be a big culture/weather shock from the Northern Beaches.

@[globaleagle]

Just out of curiosity, how do you or anybody know that he scored with 5-10cm of snow covering the field? Do they shovel the snow from the lines or something?

Jethro said:
@[globaleagle]

Just out of curiosity, how do you or anybody know that he scored with 5-10cm of snow covering the field? Do they shovel the snow from the lines or something?

Magic!

I guess it was the 10 metre slide left in the snow that went past the try line.

If it was a 'on the line' one though I reckon they'd have to stop the clock and have a look as the lines were certainly not uncovered!

Would also make an interesting call for the foot out on the sideline.

It's probably that cold that the players go 'make a decision ref and we'll be happy - we wanna get outta here.'

@[Jethro]

globaleagle said:
Jethro said:
@[globaleagle]

Magic!

I guess it was the 10 metre slide left in the snow that went past the try line.

If it was a 'on the line' one though I reckon they'd have to stop the clock and have a look as the lines were certainly not uncovered!

Would also make an interesting call for the foot out on the sideline.

It's probably that cold that the players go 'make a decision ref and we'll be happy - we wanna get outta here.'

@[Jethro]

Thanks for that :)

Liam is starting to become a real star of The Salford team.He is moving the team round the park better than we have seen at Salford for some time.His passing game has been fantastic.
Once he is fully settled he will be a big star of the ESL.

I spoke to his brother at the Gold Coast function about him and he said he was going good and enjoying himself. I'm glad to see him going well, it's a good sign of how well we are going that we could let him go.

If you go the the Salford City Reds website they have highlights from the Game in the snow and also Good Fridays game when we played the league leaders and beat them.Liam was outstanding in both those games.Watch out for one pass he makes in particular,cutting out 4 players and creating a try.Awesome.

By the way,if you have any more players you want to let go then give us a shout first lol.

MancRed said:
If you go the the Salford City Reds website they have highlights from the Game in the snow and also Good Fridays game when we played the league leaders and beat them.Liam was outstanding in both those games.Watch out for one pass he makes in particular,cutting out 4 players and creating a try.Awesome.

By the way,if you have any more players you want to let go then give us a shout first lol.
Good to hear, I thought Vic would go well on heavy grounds with his straight running, how's he going?

Great to see them doing well and playing top grade. It would have been a waste them playing NSW cup here. I'd also like to see George either go to England or get a gig in firsts at another club here. It's a waste him languishing in NSW cup he should be playing firsts I just can't see him getting a chance with us this year there's too many good performers in front of him as well as up and comers like Sao and Chee-Kam.

We have a solid back called Ben Farrar who is consistent and plays a nice game that you should look at. Has had some bad injuries but will always give a good account. Not really NRL standard anymore but if Liam is standing out then Ben would be similar. Nick Skinner is a forward to look at as well. George Rose is languishing in our reserves but has played at a high level and needs a chance. Not sure UK food would help him though.

Vic is injured at the moment.He played a couple of games when he first got here and looked like he was going to be more than useful once he got settled and fully match fit.
The injury wont keep him out too long.Think both Liam and Vic will do a lot better once we get some Sun over here.The whole playing in the snow thing was certainly a bit of a shock to everyone.Unusual to say the least even for us poms.

mickqld said:
Great to see them doing well and playing top grade. It would have been a waste them playing NSW cup here. I'd also like to see George either go to England or get a gig in firsts at another club here. It's a waste him languishing in NSW cup he should be playing firsts I just can't see him getting a chance with us this year there's too many good performers in front of him as well as up and comers like Sao and Chee-Kam.
I would have George at the Reds without a doubt.Just cant see him being that keen after seeing the snow.

Theres a lot of talented young players in the NRL who could benefit from 2-3 years playing in the ESL where they would be sure of getting a starting spot every week.Everyone accepts that the NRL is a far superior game to our own but the benefits of regular game time for the younger guys can only help develop and sharpen their own game at which time they might be ready for a starting spot back in the NRL.
I would be more than happy to see Liam and Vic see out their contracts at Salford and then get back into the NRL as a starter,hopefully back at Manly.
Surely a better option to do some travelling and play regular footy than languishing in reserve grade.

MancRed said:
Vic is injured at the moment.He played a couple of games when he first got here and looked like he was going to be more than useful once he got settled and fully match fit.
The injury wont keep him out too long.Think both Liam and Vic will do a lot better once we get some Sun over here.The whole playing in the snow thing was certainly a bit of a shock to everyone.Unusual to say the least even for us poms.

mickqld said:
I would have George at the Reds without a doubt.Just cant see him being that keen after seeing the snow.

Theres a lot of talented young players in the NRL who could benefit from 2-3 years playing in the ESL where they would be sure of getting a starting spot every week.Everyone accepts that the NRL is a far superior game to our own but the benefits of regular game time for the younger guys can only help develop and sharpen their own game at which time they might be ready for a starting spot back in the NRL.
I would be more than happy to see Liam and Vic see out their contracts at Salford and then get back into the NRL as a starter,hopefully back at Manly.
Surely a better option to do some travelling and play regular footy than languishing in reserve grade.

Theo Fages for instance is a player from the ESL that could benefit playing here.
Is he back playing yet?

eagles2win said:
MancRed said:

mickqld said:

Theo Fages for instance is a player from the ESL that could benefit playing here.
Is he back playing yet?

Theo was back after a couple of weeks.Horrific shot he took to the head but he is one tough little guy.Still only 18 and learning but i agree that he would benefit from a stint at an NRL club.Gonna be a big star of the game in the future.Shame he is French but he has at least been adopted by a Salford family.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8