Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What's the legalities of signing more than a year out?

Maybe he's a keeper. These guys have a limited window of opportunity to earn good money and it can be shortened by injury. He is entitled to chase the bucks and we shouldn't resent him for it. At this point investing a significant part of the salary cap in this lad is a bit of a gamble. I am prepared to trust Bozo's judgment. I've not seen enough of him yet to form a view.
He is the real deal from what I have seen over the last couple of years. I think he needs a club with a strong culture to get the best out of him - I hope he sees that Manly will take his career further than other clubs can. Strong players with a tight bond playing together for a number of years brings great success - Choc, Snake, Gifty and Matai can attest to that. The turbos, DCE, Liam, Parcell could see similar success.

Ha you are a hysterical and emotional bunch

A few points,

Those whinging about Knight dont care about Parcell, Walker, Myles or Taupau

He is answering questions put to him by a reporter, If you have ever dealt with the media and I have you'll realise they ask 15 questions to get 5 quotes to make an article. If they ask, are you talking to any clubs and he says "A few but Im keen to stay at Manly" then he has answered well IMO, what do you want him to lie

This whole, I want them all to bleed for the club does not ring true when you have people happy to move on Kite, Ballin, Hiku and Gutherson

All in all Knight is a amazing prospect who is canvasing his options like all players before him and all after him. Hopefully he sticks with us if he doesnt then I wont lay into him unless he rubbishes on the way out like Choc or purposely strings us along like Foran

Young players should be restricted free agents. Opposition clubs should have to provide offer sheets to players, so that the developing club can have a chance to match the offer sheet.
Am I misunderstanding the system?

Isn't that what the system effectively is - a 10 day backflip period - that the club with the existing contract gets 10 days after registration of a contract with the NRL to counteroffer?

Am I misunderstanding the system?

Isn't that what the system effectively is - a 10 day backflip period - that the club with the existing contract gets 10 days after registration of a contract with the NRL to counteroffer?

The incumbent club doesn't have any right to see the other clubs offer as far as I know.

The problem with moving on players like Ballin, and treating Toovey the way the club did, is that any young kid coming through the ranks would be mad to aspire to be the next clubman. Who would want to be treated as they have been?

He'd probably rather stay with his family and friends in the area where he grew up, so that counts for something, but if the Roosters throw an extra $100k at him he'd be mad to stay so he can get shafted in a few years when the club is after the next big thing.

The days of club loyalty are over and the clubs are to blame more than the players imo.

I hope he stays, but good luck to the kid either way.

I understand what everyone is saying about 2 way loyalty. The unfortunate thing in all this, is that the collateral is the fans.

It disengages people.

The games supposed to be about tribalism and passion. If it's all about the buck, then see you later.

The game cannot lose legends like Menzies, or day I say them Lockyer and Hindmarsh. Funny though that it's these exact guys we regularly see in the media in retirement.

I understand what everyone is saying about 2 way loyalty. The unfortunate thing in all this, is that the collateral is the fans.

It disengages people.

The games supposed to be about tribalism and passion. If it's all about the buck, then see you later.

The game cannot lose legends like Menzies, or day I say them Lockyer and Hindmarsh. Funny though that it's these exact guys we regularly see in the media in retirement.

I agree with you Ryan. I just can't see a way back to the good old days from here I'm afraid.

The Good old days for me was when the great Arko got the cheque book out :)
I don't buy that mate. You get attached to the players just like I do hehehehe.

Watch this. Tell me your thoughts on the great Steve Menzies:

Now tell me, do you want more players like him?

Beaver attracted fans in bucketloads. I gave up on the sport to be honest, but it was his interaction with a kid that made me fall in love with the game and its meaning (and this club) again.

Club legends. Loyalty. Passion. Us vs. them. These are the reasons I support the game and club.

Not mercenaries looking for the quickest, fastest buck. That's why fan engagement and numbers are down. That just drives apathy.

I want to see the love and passion from these players in our jersey. I'm unfortunately understanding that that is old fashioned and doesn't happen anymore.

There are still your beavers in Stewart, Matai, Mannah, Parker, Creagh, Mannering, Scott, Thaiday, Farah, Smith, Cronk, Slater

Its the salary cap world and ultimately if a club really wants to keep a player it will happen

Beaver attracted fans in bucketloads. I gave up on the sport to be honest, but it was his interaction with a kid that made me fall in love with the game and its meaning (and this club) again.

Club legends. Loyalty. Passion. Us vs. them. These are the reasons I support the game and club.

Not mercenaries looking for the quickest, fastest buck. That's why fan engagement and numbers are down. That just drives apathy.

I want to see the love and passion from these players in our jersey. I'm unfortunately understanding that that is old fashioned and doesn't happen anymore.

Roster fluidity increases interest in the game - particularly in the offseason. Unpaid media coverage is everywhere, fan engagement is through the roof (every team "has a chance") and the NRL becomes a much more appealing career prospect for young athletes.

Tradition may lose out, but rivalries grow stronger and new ones emerge - the team is bigger than the player. It's a no brainer from both the commercial and the "strength of the game" standpoints.

For what it's worth, I hope we keep Knight. Regardless - carn Manly!

I don't think he'd say he is happy at Manly and talk about all the grades he has played for us, if he had already signed elsewhere. I get the impression that his manager is testing the market to determine what sort of money he should be getting to stay at Manly. If there is a huge discrepancy between offers then maybe he will weigh up his options, otherwise he will more than likely stay.

Either way, we will be fine. As of 2016, he still hasn't played a GF game.

Yes feathered friend . We cant go past the great Beaver . That's what loyal players we do want but when Arko changed the game to a professional level the players that came to our club not only became attracted to the dollar but also embraced the Manly Sea eagles spirit and committed them selves to the great Manly club. Top dollar signings that won us our first premierships with international players like O'neil , Branighan , Irvine, Mal Reilly who all spilt blood for our Maroon and white Jersey to win brutal Grand finals against the Roosters 72 and the Sharks 73 and more Manly legends Like Cliffy from Norths and Crusher form Easts and our captain Snoz O'Connor from Saints to the current and our most inspirational current captain Jamie.
You cant say Jamie is not up there with our home grown Beaver as one of our all time greats!
Even the premiership winning Peter Zorba Peters our most resilient and longest serving Manly official who some on here just LOVE to hate was from Parrammata before we signed him back in 1969 :)
164824-peter-peters.jpg

Yes feathered friend . We cant go past the great Beaver . That's what loyal players we do want but when Arko changed the game to a professional level the players that came to our club not only became attracted to the dollar but also embraced the Manly Sea eagles spirit and committed them selves to the great Manly club. Top dollar signings that won us our first premierships with international players like O'neil , Branighan , Irvine, Mal Reilly who all spilt blood for our Maroon and white Jersey to win brutal Grand finals against the Roosters 72 and the Sharks 73 and more Manly legends Like Cliffy from Norths and Crusher form Easts and our captain Snoz O'Connor from Saints to the current and our most inspirational current captain Jamie.
You cant say Jamie is not up there with our home grown Beaver as one of our all time greats!
Even the premiership winning Peter Zorba Peters our most resilient and longest serving Manly official who some on here just LOVE to hate was from Parrammata before we signed him back in 1969 :)
View attachment 3049

That might be the best troll ever...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10