Libs to block Rudd's rescue initiative

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
In some respects the Libs are just as culpable as the ALP in this.  We survived the Asian crisis in the late 90s because we were pursuing some significant infrastructure projects.  However, since then there was a focus on delivering a large surplus and frittering it away on dumb tax cuts just before the election.  It's too late now, but a visionary infrastructure spending process over the last 8 years would have firewalled us against the crisis.

That is exactly right. Though the Liberals knew the importance of keeping  a 'AAA' rating. That has now put our top 4 banks into the top 20 banks on market capitalisation. I would also argue that after Costello knew about the impending crisis as early as 03/04 he was stock piling but it was more getting to and winning the next election.

My biggest problem with this is

a) 950$ can't buy you much - If you are looking to get new tiles for your house for example, you wouldn't get much with 950$ however if you had a permanent job with job security then you would be more inclined to move things around so you could afford the 3000-4000$
b) From point a) it really is not going to help provide or keep jobs for a large  portion of the economy. Most consumer goods around 950$ are made overseas.
c) Our schools and Hospitals are in bad shape. Spend the money fixing those up before all else.

Canteen Worker link said:
i find it hard not to puke on Byso's comment 'parading that tone on this labor ridden site'. Happy for very robust discussion and alternate views. That was never the problem - all need to acknowledge there is more than one side of the story - I am not a card carrier for any party and have even voted for both mainstream parties.

BullS**t, anyone that attends an electorate afterparty is a card carrier. Stop kidding yourself.

I don't really care what anyone's political preference is but at least have the decency to admit it.

This place has been by far and away pro labor since its inception and now finally all are beginning to see what labor is bringing to the table, most can now see for themselves of what labor is capable of "doing" to the country. As if they needed any convincing after what been done to the states...............enjoy.

and Mata your the biggest button pusher on the world wide web. Have you mentioned Yank junk food on this thread yet?

Agreed with some of Zeps comments above, especially those about infrastructure. Basically the things you mention - schools and hospitals are state responsibilities and a number of our state Labor governments have stuffed things up rather badly, partially to also maintain the Triple AAA Ratings. As for Byso's jibe, I will ignore that as I am not going to drag personal/family stuff into the debate - which is mainly about ideology. Suffice to say my grandfather was a high flying Lib Party official and a very close friend was a conservative Deputy PM for quite a stretch, so these sort of discussions are not new to us!!!

byso link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=179100.msg206460#msg206460 date=1234011226]

and Mata your the biggest button pusher on the world wide web.
  I never said I wasn't!  But it's not often I see CW so riled.  Good job.

Canteen Worker link said:
a very close friend was a conservative Deputy PM for quite a stretch,
  Yeah, I bemoan the retirement of John Anderson too since he was a "go-to" man whenever ears needed to be bent or pathetic bureaucrats put in their place. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=179100.msg206468#msg206468 date=1234053301]
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=179100.msg206460#msg206460 date=1234011226]

and Mata your the biggest button pusher on the world wide web.
  I never said I wasn't!  But it's not often I see CW so riled.  Good job.
[/quote]

If he's that soft he should think twice before having a crack at a poster for posting logic against the beloved ALP $950- give away.

You are welcome to think I am soft Byso - no problems with that. What I took umbrage against was a patronising tone that unless someone held a particular view (or had done first year Economics at Uni) that one was somehow a fool. I can argue the point with the best of them and will do so when I have time and feel like it. I am not so stupid to think that all will ever agree with me but I can find middle ground on most issues. I am not tied to any political party despite your misguided comments based on some facebook photos.

Not from face-book pics, it's comments you placed on here and regardless of the after-party thingy. But your posting on this site regarding politics clearly sit on the ALP side of the fence. I just find it amusing that you cant admit to it :)  (even though the ALP's performances would warrant no wanting to admit to it ;)  )

Cheerio

Lol - Drupal. I didn't really pay that much attention to the layout to be honest. Those sort of websites are a dime and dozen, but they have probably spent tens of thousands of dollars getting someone to set it up.

After reading it a second time this is more of a scare compaign then anything else. He even says that in order for stave of a deepening recession Government spending must increase. Fixing up all schools and hospitals is a good way of doing that. Paying off all debts for small business in west nsw would be a good start to. Help out the small business owner for a change.

I love 'polititi speak' - "As a consequence of the White Paper  some readjustment in job locations will be necessary," Mr Fitzgibbon said.

Why not just say we are cutting down on jobs???  Hmmm. The article takes a soft view of the ramifications and it looks like they are slated to happen by 2014?

it is more the cutting of spending on new defence items that i am worried about. It will mean that service technicians won't be employed. Pilots won't be recruited.

Also Rudd would not have like that the orignal white paper mentioned China as a threat. I am not saying that isn't a good call but i feel we are going to have to choose in the next 25 years if we are stronger allies with the US or China.

So my homebrew is going effing crazy up hear. I had to pitch the yeast at 34 degrees which isn't ideal, now I am battling to keep the lid on and water in the airlock. Shooting foam everywhere it is!

Dan link said:
So my homebrew is going effing crazy up hear. I had to pitch the yeast at 34 degrees which isn't ideal, now I am battling to keep the lid on and water in the airlock. Shooting foam everywhere it is!
  That's going to taste like vinegar if it doesn't pop the bottles before you drink it. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179100.msg206550#msg206550 date=1234218591]
  That's going to taste like vinegar if it doesn't pop the bottles before you drink it. 
[/quote]

nah it happens. just active yeast us all

Dan link said:
fu<king lol. Hijack this thread!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4