Lima Charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The odd thing about this is that the blatant grub sh!t gets less than a tackle gone SLIGHTLY wrong.
JWH gets 5 weeks for trying to do his job - ie get on top of your opponent, that's his job.
Matai gets pinged for doing the same thing.
I'm sure there's others that are on this category and they're deemed as dirty players.

But deadset dog tactics of going the grab on the nuts after the tackle is over or doing a crocodile death roll on a player already held up is only 1 or 2 weeks.

I reckon you could ask anyone and most would give you the answer of what is worse.

There's a difference between playing tough and sometimes getting it wrong and winning at all costs

How is this not a deliberate attempt to injure a player. It wasn't careless,reckless or accidental. It was a deliberate act to injure a player, which it did. How the **** does this prick only get 1 week. I can't f**ken believe this bull**** it just gets more blatantly biased every day. I am really,honestly on the verge of giving the game away this year. We haven't got a hope in the world against this corrupt administration.

They give 2weeks suspension for squeezing 2 nuts and only one week for trying to dislocate a knee and possibly even ending Choc's career. How do you then find a explanation of how they come up with 8 weeks for nibbling on Slater's ear in th GF.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
So thats a 50% reduction for playing for souths + a 50% reduction for not playing for Manly, thats a little unfair really as most places only let you use one discount voucher at a time.

Manly medical staff identifies fresh damage to Watmough's knee after tangle with Lima
Josh Massoud News Limited Network August 20, 2013 12:00AM

While Lima accepted a one-match ban in record time on Monday, Watmough could be sidelined for even longer thanks to the dramatic incident that contributed to Manly coach Geoff Toovey’s extraordinary post-match tirade against referees.

The NRL fined Manly $10,000 for Toovey’s outburst, labelling it “excessive” and “emotional”.

But Sea Eagles officials feel they have grounds to fight the sanction, given Toovey’s anger was inspired by a foul act that could cost Manly the services of Watmough for several weeks.

Manly boss David Perry last night said club medicos had concluded that a new injury - suffered as a result of Lima’s act - forced Watmough off the pitch in the second half.

The second rower took the field following a miracle recovery from a posterior cruciate ligament injury he suffered in the previous week’s win over New Zealand, only for Lima to twist the same leg just 10 minutes into the game.

Watmough was still limping yesterday and remains in doubt for Sunday’s clash against Canberra.

Sources close to Watmough have also confirmed that he was furious upon learning that Lima only received a one-week ban for the twist.

Facing a fortnight out if he unsuccessfully fought the dangerous contact charge, the Rabbitohs prop pleaded guilty within minutes of the NRL charge sheet being released to media.

The NRL waited several more hours to announce the fine against Manly, who are preparing to thrash-out the particulars with league bosses over the coming days.

"We’ll review the breach notice and wait for the referee’s report, before we decide what we are going to do," Perry said.

The impending stoush shapes as a baptism of fire for new NRL head of football Todd Greenberg, who became a despised figure at Brookvale after engineering Canterbury’s heist of Des Hasler two years ago.

Perry and Greenberg were in preliminary talks about the fine yesterday, with Manly challenging the NRL to prove how Toovey’s comments were any worse than other coaches this season.

There’s a suspicion at Manly that Toovey was punished for his manner of expression, rather than actual criticisms, which did not call into question the integrity of any match officials.

"I accept that emotion is a big part of our game but that is not an excuse for making unwarranted attacks on match officials," Greenberg said.

"There needs to be a balance between coach’s expressing their opinions and their emotions and showing respect for the game and the match officials in that process."

In addition to Lima’s twist, Toovey also blew-up about a controversial no-try to Steve Matai and the lop-sided 10-5 penalty count.

He found an ally in former Parramatta great Peter Sterling, who last night accused the NRL of turning the game into a bore.

"The only thing that you shouldn’t be able to do is come out and call a referee a cheat," Sterling said on Triple M.

"Otherwise, and if this is what you want, the parameters what coaches can now say will make for very boring, not much being said.

“In fact, if I’m Geoff toovey next time . . . I will send somebody else to go and speak for me because I know if I’m going to sit in that seat and someone asks me, I’m not going to be able to bit my tongue and give an antiseptic answer when I am feeling that way.

"I will send someone else to go and that will save the club and myself 10 grand."

- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-medical-staff-identifies-fresh-damage-to-watmoughs-knee-after-tangle-with-lima/story-fn2mcuj6-1226700159429#.UhJwFZIzMsQ
----------------------------------------------------------
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are there any avenue's to appeal the sentence by saying that it is too light of a sentence?
Every man & his dog is saying that Lima got off lightly, with some former players calling for a much lengthier ban.

Peruvians look to distance themselves from dog acts. In a statement today the head of Peruvians Australia denied any links to Jeff Lima saying that "Lima is a peaceful city of natural beauty where a fair go and integrity are values held by its people, and that Jeff Lima is a C***."

manlyfan76 said:
Peruvians look to distance themselves from dog acts. In a statement today the head of Peruvians Australia denied any links to Lima Tasi saying that "Lima is a peaceful city of natural beauty where a fair go and integrity are values held by its people, and that Lima Tasi is a C***."

and what did they say about Jeff Lima? ;)

Clint said:
manlyfan76 said:
Peruvians look to distance themselves from dog acts. In a statement today the head of Peruvians Australia denied any links to Lima Tasi saying that "Lima is a peaceful city of natural beauty where a fair go and integrity are values held by its people, and that Lima Tasi is a C***."

they said thank god for "quick edit":p

manlyfan76 said:
Clint said:
manlyfan76 said:

they said thank god for "quick edit":p

haha - you missed one @manlyfan76 :p

Clint said:
manlyfan76 said:

I know what I would like to say about Lima, but being a lady stops me saying what I am thinking. He should have been given at least 4weeks for his dog act.

marga said:
Clint said:
manlyfan76 said:

I know what I would like to say about Lima, but being a lady stops me saying what I am thinking. He should have been given at least 4weeks for his dog act.

Go on Marga. Vent. It's good for the soul.

So Manly should have sent a fringe firstgrader out off the bench to twist Inglis' PCL knee?

THAT'S how to win NRL matches nowadays?

Unbelievably weak response by Todd and Co. And has been encouraged by the failure to take strong action (or indeed ANY action) against Miles when he did the exact same thing to Gallen in Origin 1.

This problem will only escalate until the NRL come to grips with it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6