Lima Charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Lima has said he wasn't trying to injure Choc, but I think he is pulling our leg.
Bones, I'd like 5 mins with Lima, the grub. :)

Clint said:
marga said:
Clint said:
manlyfan76 said:
Peruvians look to distance themselves from dog acts. In a statement today the head of Peruvians Australia denied any links to Lima Tasi saying that "Lima is a peaceful city of natural beauty where a fair go and integrity are values held by its people, and that Lima Tasi is a C***."

and what did they say about Jeff Lima? ;)
I know what I would like to say about Lima, but being a lady stops me saying what I am thinking. He should have been given at least 4weeks for his dog act.

Go on Marga. Vent. It's good for the soul.

Just meant on here Clint. Was some unladylike language on Friday night. :)

bones said:
marga said:
bones said:
Lima has said he wasn't trying to injure Choc, but I think he is pulling our leg.

I reckon you'd prefer a half an hour with choc though Ma ;p

marga said:
bones said:
marga said:
bones said:

I reckon you'd prefer a half an hour with choc though Ma ;p

OMG yes. You know me too well. :)

bones said:
Should have got four weeks for the twisted knee and another two for the twisted logic.

Was just watching the Back Page show on Fox and (Hooper?) a journo said that Maguire (Souths coach) got in some trouble when coaching in England because some team tactic sheets got leaked and revealed targeting certain players, they way he said it the implication was clearly that it was to target players physically to injure them.

The panel just brushed it off but Lima may well have been under orders. Way to go, 'pride of the League'.

Tooves is being criticised by Greenturd for speaking about the Lima tackle during his press conference, as it's against NRL rules for coaches to talk about any incident which has been placed on report. Why then, was nothing said when Maguire had plenty to say about Richie Fa'aoso after he was put on report for his two spear tackles on Greg Louginglis?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/apr/22/michael-maguire-wigan-warriors
Wigan silent as rival coaches voice concern over tackles and tactics
An alleged tip sheet explains why certain Warrior techniques under Michael Maguire have been criticised

Andy Wilson
The Guardian, Friday 22 April 2011
Russell Crowe is the latest member of the Michael Maguire fan club, having headhunted the Wigan coach to take charge of his South Sydney Rabbitohs next season. But to rival Super League coaches, players and administrators Maguire remains a divisive figure because of the tactics, and, specifically, tackling techniques, that underpinned Wigan's rapid rise last season from the chasing pack to a first Grand Final win since 1998.

That situation has intensified since some tip sheets from the Australian's first season at Wigan began to circulate several weeks ago. The sheets, which have been seen by the Guardian, seem to confirm what most Super League coaches suspected, and several suggested – that the team's success was built on a hyper-aggressive attitude to defence that had never been seen in this country. Wigan accept that at least one tip sheet is in circulation but say that one version may have been doctored. Regardless, the tone, set at the top of the first page, simply reflects the attitude that drove Wigan to the dominant position they once took for granted: "Together we all HUNT like a pack of hungry dogs."

It is the way in which Maguire has had his Warriors hunting that continues to fuel so much resentment – or sour grapes, from Wigan's point of view. It is a near repeat of the controversy that accompanied the success enjoyed by his former employers, Melbourne Storm, where he was a key member of Craig Bellamy's support staff as they reached four consecutive Grand Finals from 2006-09 (although there is no suggestion that Wigan are cheating the salary cap, as the Storm were later found to have done).

One Sydney newspaper once sent professional wrestlers to a Melbourne training session as a provocative publicity stunt, such was the storm over the holds and manoeuvres their players had mastered to secure dominance of the play-the-balls that hold the key to any rugby league game. There has been no repeat of that in Wigan but there has been plenty of chuntering.

John Kear, the grand old man of British coaching, was one of the first to criticise Wigan's approach after his Wakefield team were beaten 54-14 at the DW Stadium last Easter. "I was accused of sour grapes a year ago but that was exactly the reason I mentioned it," Kear said when commentating for BBC radio on the latest controversial incident involving a Wigan player in their draw at Leeds on 1 April. "It's a hard game, and one that I've played. You don't want people attacking your joints just to hurt you."

Mick Potter, who is now the Bradford coach but suffered two derby defeats by Wigan last season when he was in charge at St Helens, said before the Bulls played Wigan (a week before the Leeds game): "It comes down to ethics. If you are going to potentially injure people doing it, then it's not the way to go for me."

Wigan and Maguire deny any intent to cause injury by their players and say that the Rugby Football League endorses their claim of not having done so. On the record their chairman, Ian Lenagan, refused to make any comment about the contents of the tip sheets but made it clear that Maguire and the rest of his coaching staff retain his complete support.

The general feeling is that the authorities are now getting to grips with the wrestling tactics, which all clubs practised, but Wigan undoubtedly mastered. After a pre-season summit of Super League coaches, and a more recent gathering of chief executives and chairmen, the RFL has empowered referees to send players to the sin-bin for "dangerous contact". Jeff Lima, a New Zealand prop who joined Wigan from Melbourne in the winter, became one of the first victims of the policy during the stormy draw at Leeds, for attacking the legs of the young Rhinos forward Chris Clarkson when he was held by two other Wigan players.

As Nathan Brown, the Australian coach of Huddersfield, the Super League leaders, said after his team's win at Leeds last Friday: "Some things have changed. They've got the stupid wrestling tactics, the chicken wings and all those coward's things when they've got you on the ground with your back turned, they're getting that out of the game."

But the combination of Lima's antics, and the tip sheets, mean the controversy will not go away as Super League enters a busy Easter weekend in which Wigan face St Helens in the traditional Good Friday derby. Lima received a two-match suspension when he was found guilty of a "chicken wing" – wrenching the arm of the St Helens forward Jon Wilkin behind his back – in his Wigan debut at the Millennium Magic weekend and, having served a one-match ban for his 'tackle' on Clarkson, he was put on report again for a similar tackle in the closing stages of last Friday's win at Hull KR that sparked another brawl. The RFL's match review panel ruled that the footage was not sufficiently clear to prove his action or intent, so he is available to face Saints.

One international player – speaking on condition of anonymity, like the other Super League coaches and officials canvassed – confirmed that the tip sheets have been the talk of his and other dressing rooms and suggested that teams have benefited this season from going into matches against Wigan better prepared.

At least one club has used them for motivation ahead of a game against Maguire's team and the champions' failure to reproduce their 2010 dominance – they are fifth in the table, and had gone three games without a win until victory at Hull KR – has led to suggestions they may have lost their competitive advantage.

That seems unlikely as, irrespective of the tone of the sheets, it is easy to see from them why Maguire has made such a positive impression at Wigan: they provide strikingly detailed instruction for the players in a clear, concise way.

In Australia, Melbourne came through a salary cap scandal as well as the introduction of a second referee to police the play-the-balls, and Maguire's mentor, Bellamy, has them back at the top of the NRL table. Maguire may well do the same with Wigan, allowing him to leave them on a high – although probably without earning widespread admiration. It is hard to see him being too bothered.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Tip Sheet by Maquire was on Opposition Players injuries, target areas apparently.:mad:

NRL can deal with this grub and leave 2v alone:exclamation:

Very interesting post, HappilyManly!
Everything rotten in rugby league apparently starts in Melbourne.
There is no way on earth the Bunnies players weren't following coaching instructions to target Watmough's legs and knees. It was obvious the first time Choc touched the ball and continued till Lima did the damage he was trying to do.

Thanks HM, I hoped someone would be able to find that info. Hopefully it will be widely circulated on the twittersphere so Maguire and Lima - and Souths - can have the reputations they deserve.

Old LL.....a Lima Loser I say with Glee.

Google, what is a Lima Loser? The Yanks have known about him for some time it seems. ;)

Grant Goldman quoted some of this information on his radio program this morning. Very interesting. I wonder if the Tele will pick it up?
Not a good look for the 'Pride of the League', is it?

That Guardian article shows that Maguire is scum, and Lima is his faithful henchman.

Lima got off lightly in those pommy examples too. That track record should have followed him over here - repeat dog act offender.

Tooves should just turn up to the press conference after the Canberra game with tape over his mouth in protest and sit there and not say a word.

bones said:
Stevo said:
Tooves should just turn up to the press conference after the Canberra game with tape over his mouth in protest and sit there and not say a word.

Merlin.

Free th refugees.

My first thought as well. (Great minds.) Though my first thought had an 'e' for 'the.' (My thoughts insisted I say that. I didn't want too.)

globaleagle said:
bones said:
Stevo said:

Merlin.

Free th refugees.

My first thought as well. (Great minds.) Though my first thought had an 'e' for 'the.' (My thoughts insisted I say that. I didn't want too.)

If you do a google image search on it, you will see that the 'e' was missing ;p

Correct! And yeah well, tell that to my first thought! :d

+1 to Bones! (who needs an avatar).

edit: I told you I didn't want to say it!!!111!!oneone!

bones said:

pffft, capitals are for overpaid capitalist bastards who've got nothing better to do than waste time pressing the shift key down! (like their workers.)

E&OE!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8