LOCK DCE IN FOR LIFE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
COMMANDER said:
Needs a better haircut

Nah, just supporters with an inkling how big our world is and the variety within it. :)

COMMANDER said:
Needs a better haircut

Nah, just supporters with an inkling how big our world is and the variety within it. :)

COMMANDER said:
Needs a better haircut

Wow, you guys really give it to TC.

I enjoy his opinions and insights. They are certainly more well- informed than my own. Perhaps the conflict resides in those regular joes of us who are not so well versed in the intricacies of the game and just want to enjoy the emotional roller coaster of our team's performances from week to week. I'm not suggesting TC is the messiah, but perhaps we are all just coming from different perspectives and expectations?

Just finished watching a replay of the match and wow The Raiders were insipid. A Keystone Kops defensive performance. Croker racing out of the line causing the 1st try, a ridiculously over compressed left defence for the 2nd , Wighton caught ball watching for the 3rd , a simple miss on Watmough for the 4th. The list goes on. So many soft tries. This is the type of game a coach wants during a long season but has been rare for Manly in recent years...an easy win with plenty of petrol left in the tank. Good for confidence even though the opposition stayed on the bus. And that's four matches in a row for Snake.

Dan said:
I suggest that if you feel your comments are being misread or twisted, well the issue falls on you, the communicator.

Let me give you some technical coaching. In communication the responsibility for understanding is that of the person talking, not those listening. So if you are not being understood this is your fault not ours

No my comments are being read correctly just twisted to suit ones argument.

Let me give you some technical analysis in relation to your reply, you could see clearly that my comments in relation to DCE did not represent what you stated but still felt the need to deflect and not admit that you with many others lack clear comprehension skills.

Once again where does it state i don't rate DCE as one of the best halves in the competition---- my job is to not change peoples impressions about my comments(i can't control that in a text based environment) my job is to correct people when they are wrong or make them prove otherwise that my comments clearly stated what they feel.

My communication in this instance is fine, obviously to some it is not due to their own flaws this tends to occur when you add comments that were never communicated.

Incorrect, what reason do I have to twist your words, are you that paranoid or just generally an asshole?

The impression I get is that you are about as fun to have at a party as a blocked toilet.

You should state yourself more clearly, with the word count you manage, one would think you would be more able to get your message across without people reading it in a way you did not intend. Given that multiple people read it the same way I did, just lends credence to the fact you used a poor choice of words in a poorly structured sentence.

Either that or there is a general conspiracy against you where we all gather for weekly online conference calls where we sit and think of ways we can twist your words into different meanings that help bolster our agenda of making you sound like a somewhat confused asshole.

I know which is more likely the case, I'm sure you have your own opinion on that though.

Dan said:
Incorrect, what reason do I have to twist your words, are you that paranoid or just generally an ...?

What reason? Umm, your own ego to keep the stance you have started.

The impression I get is that you are about as fun to have at a party as a blocked toilet.

Well, that's good for you. Much like ass-holes, we all have an opinion and you shared yours. Thanks. Here's mine :)

You should state yourself more clearly, with the word count you manage, one would think you would be more able to get your message across without people reading it in a way you did not intend.

Well, if people are fixed on their own agenda and not open then it wouldn't matter how many words one uses or the nature of those words... would deliver the same outcome. And as a small extra, have the courage to speak for yourself and not bring in your pretend army of others, as if that somehow proves your argument.

Given that multiple people read it the same way I did, just lends credence to the fact you used a poor choice of words in a poorly structured sentence.

Oh, I think I mentioned this in the previous comment. In my opinion, a real argument doesn't rely on suggesting there is some coalition of opinion supporting your own views. Stand by what you think and have the balls to live or die by it.

Either that or there is a general conspiracy against you where we all gather for weekly online conference calls where we sit and think of ways we can twist your words into different meanings that help bolster our agenda of making you sound like a somewhat confused ....

Exaggerated fluff that says nothing of substance to me. It seems from the last few comments you rely on having others to support the same opinion as yourself to feel secure. Try just standing by your own opinion regardless what others may or may not think.

I know which is more likely the case, I'm sure you have your own opinion on that though.

HK_Eagle said:
Dan said:
Incorrect, what reason do I have to twist your words, are you that paranoid or just generally an ...?

What reason? Umm, your own ego to keep the stance you have started.

Well, that's good for you. Much like ass-holes, we all have an opinion and you shared yours. Thanks. Here's mine :)

You should state yourself more clearly, with the word count you manage, one would think you would be more able to get your message across without people reading it in a way you did not intend.

Well, if people are fixed on their own agenda and not open then it wouldn't matter how many words one uses or the nature of those words... would deliver the same outcome. And as a small extra, have the courage to speak for yourself and not bring in your pretend army of others, as if that somehow proves your argument.

Given that multiple people read it the same way I did, just lends credence to the fact you used a poor choice of words in a poorly structured sentence.

Oh, I think I mentioned this in the previous comment. In my opinion, a real argument doesn't rely on suggesting there is some coalition of opinion supporting your own views. Stand by what you think and have the balls to live or die by it.

Either that or there is a general conspiracy against you where we all gather for weekly online conference calls where we sit and think of ways we can twist your words into different meanings that help bolster our agenda of making you sound like a somewhat confused ....

Exaggerated fluff that says nothing of substance to me. It seems from the last few comments you rely on having others to support the same opinion as yourself to feel secure. Try just standing by your own opinion regardless what others may or may not think.

Actually when it comes to communication, the consensus of the "listening" side of the communication absolutely and completely depends on a consensus. If multiple interpret the written or spoken message one way, and the "speaker" intended it another, then whose fault is that, the "listener" or the "speaker"?

FYI for making your post legible, use the end quote where you want to put your comment and then reopen the quote to quote the person again.

Otherwise the post is virtually unreadable.

FYI the conspiracy theory was TC's, it was their opinion that there is a group conspiracy to twist his words, not mine.

Also just because others were referenced certainly does not make my opinion anyone else's but mine, should I have a different opinion simply because others share mine?

manlyfan76 said:
whats going on? Have I missed something?

Hey look, it's the raiders tackling coach!!

Dan said:
I suggest that if you feel your comments are being misread or twisted, well the issue falls on you, the communicator.

Let me give you some technical coaching. In communication the responsibility for understanding is that of the person talking, not those listening. So if you are not being understood this is your fault not ours

what?

:cool:

globaleagle said:
manlyfan76 said:
whats going on? Have I missed something?

Hey look, it's the raiders tackling coach!!

Dan said:

what?

:cool:

What do you expect from this bloke.Anyone key board cowboy can regurgitate that coaching mumbo jumbo.He takes up acres of room here expounding his theories.I would like to see the coaching resume that backs all the hyperbola each week.I won't be holding my breath.Any chance of seeing it.

We all like to talk about strategies and coaching policy etc in a laymans sense;it is part of supporting a team but this endless technical rambling is just ****e.

As a supporter the game is about smelling the roses in the good times and enjoying the success of our great players like DCE and sticking hard in the bad times-not about sifting through pages of this stuff.

Thurston can't play(Australian halfback for years,won 7 straight origin series),DCE is overrated(earmarked as future Aus captain,in the test side at 22),Manly's attack has always been a problem(4 gfs in 7 years,11 straight top 8s,2 titles),Manly cheat the salary cap(zero evidence).Hear it endlessly from this bloke and it is rubbish.

Technical Coach said:
The issue i have with DCE is he does not play square enough or straight enough for himself or others once he improves in these areas he will become one the best halves the game has seen.
You could have used a full stop after the word 'others'.

Also I'd suggest having 'Once he improves etc' as a separate stand alone paragraph. Insert the word 'of' after the words 'become one'.

Lastly, delete the rest of your post completely. You always overestimate the concentration span of people reading large blocks of text on a computer screen.

Follow these simple tips and there will be far less room for misunderstanding!! ;)

susan said:
We all like to talk about strategies and coaching policy etc in a laymans sense;it is part of supporting a team but this endless technical rambling is just ****e.
I don't understand the game at all.
I just like the pretty colours of the jerseys.

Is Technical Coach our new whipping boy now that Wolfie has been dropped to NSW Cup ??

Head up TC, you are only one good post away from being a star again.

I think many people on here understand plenty about the game, just don't need to try and dress it up all fancy to try and seem like a Rugby league Einstein

A great game from DCE yesterday. I just wish he wasn't playing for Aus this Friday night. He could do with the fortnight rest with Origin just around the corner.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2