• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:
Mullen is a hack and a turnstile The Eagle has no idea and is always good for a laugh!

Its ok for people to insult me but I can't give it back lol,i just think one player has a fair few betters, if Benny didn't coach brisbane locky wouldn't have played a game for qld, he was a fullback in a bad time for that position

jeez, we get it. You feel like people make fun of you but you're not allowed to return the jabs. Get over it mate, its boring.

ManlyBacker said:
Yeh, sorry about the Alf mistake. Then the only blemish I can think of that hit the mainstram press is his tackling of a bottle shop employee. But in a long career and knowing footie players he has been one of the better behaved players. On-field he is a definite champ. Like Sterling and some of the real greats the number of times he has dragged his team to victory almost single-handedly is amazing. Hated that he broke Beaver's and Lamb's record but that says it all in just how huge his impact has been. Loved him in the green and gold. This week could be a sad end but who knows what history has to offer him but it doesn't matter really, he has had just the greatest run and deservedly so.

Yep

One of the greats of the modern era with an unbelieveable ability to close out a big game.Slight weakness in defense but tough as nails.Love him as a player.

But it really annoys me how he is depicted off the field as a saint to suit the medias purposes.Everyone in league circles up here knows exactly what went down over a number of years.Was very close to being sent home from a roo tour with joey by Anderson and if you thought Joey had a few problems then this bloke is right up there.Personally I couldnt care less what a player does in his spare time if it doesnt effect his team.Locky is said to be a great bloke and I believe it.It is the media that ****s me.They spent every week after week destroying an innocent Brett while the biggest story in League has sat in their inbox for years.I have no problem at all with this stuff being kept quiet as long as every player is accorded the same favour.

susan said:
ManlyBacker said:
Yeh, sorry about the Alf mistake. Then the only blemish I can think of that hit the mainstram press is his tackling of a bottle shop employee. But in a long career and knowing footie players he has been one of the better behaved players. On-field he is a definite champ. Like Sterling and some of the real greats the number of times he has dragged his team to victory almost single-handedly is amazing. Hated that he broke Beaver's and Lamb's record but that says it all in just how huge his impact has been. Loved him in the green and gold. This week could be a sad end but who knows what history has to offer him but it doesn't matter really, he has had just the greatest run and deservedly so.

Yep

One of the greats of the modern era with an unbelieveable ability to close out a big game.Slight weakness in defense but tough as nails.Love him as a player.

But it really annoys me how he is depicted off the field as a saint to suit the medias purposes.Everyone in league circles up here knows exactly what went down over a number of years.Was very close to being sent home from a roo tour with joey by Anderson and if you thought Joey had a few problems then this bloke is right up there.Personally I couldnt care less what a player does in his spare time if it doesnt effect his team.Locky is said to be a great bloke and I believe it.It is the media that ****s me.They spent every week after week destroying an innocent Brett while the biggest story in League has sat in their inbox for years.I have no problem at all with this stuff being kept quiet as long as every player is accorded the same favour.

Totally agree Susan great and durable player however I am lead to believe there are more than a few skeletons in his closet.

codewana said:
The Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:
Mullen is a hack and a turnstile The Eagle has no idea and is always good for a laugh!

Its ok for people to insult me but I can't give it back lol,i just think one player has a fair few betters, if Benny didn't coach brisbane locky wouldn't have played a game for qld, he was a fullback in a bad time for that position

jeez, we get it. You feel like people make fun of you but you're not allowed to return the jabs. Get over it mate, its boring.

Its because im not in the lofty heights of a favourite,its quiet funny really

I agree that he is a great player but Joey or Mal should be way ahead of him as the next imortal.

As has been said if not for the media wankfest over his swansong I could give him a lot more credit, but then again the media frenzy is not his fault.

TerryRandall said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
As I have said elsewhere the greatest player in the modern era bar none

Not sure how you define the modern era, but I'd have Joey, Lewis and Langer ahead of Lockyer. Fittler would be up there as well. I think Lockyer is a good organiser and great under pressure, but the others I've mentioned were more able to single-handedly win a match with individual brilliance than lockyer. He's a great player no doubt, just think the adulation he is getting is a bit over the top tbh. Dont forget, he's never played in a team that isnt close to state-of-origin standard.

I agree with Terry Randall re Joey and Lewis. In my 35 years I have seen a few great players

I love how RLW has control of the whole Immortals thing, and I hope the hang onto it.

The NRL under its currrent leadership should not have the ownership of the Immortals until they prove they will not mistreat this honour.

Fro said:
Mullen, you idiot.

Why not throw David Hussey in there while you are at it Neville.

Now you're just being stupid! Hussey is obviously better at half :D

On the Locky issue, probably in top 3-4 I've seen BUT I am a bit over the Lockyer tributes Ch 9 have been running before every Broncos game the last few weeks.

When I compare Lockyer to Johns the things I think a few things separates them.

1 Defence - Johns was a great front on tackler without fear.

2.Goal Kicking -Johns' goal kicking was high quality kicker over a number of years.

3.Short Kicking - Both very good but Johns had it on a string for mine.

Is it just me is Peter Sterling being forgotten about when Immortal talk is on. I rate him every bit as good as Langer and maybe even better.

I still think Lockyer's half a chance to play on Fri night and that they were trying to psych Manly out with the press announcement the other day, and obviously also take a bit of media heat off Brisbane and Locky for few days.

I'd believe Brisbane as far as I can throw em and still reckon its a toss of the coin. Every day Locky's injury would be feeling better

HappilyManly said:
Alfie was the one who came up with the 'Saints Can't Play'.

Lockyer had the perfect final game last week and deserves all the accolades that will continue to flow his way.

Glad he didn't do a Changa at the SFS this Friday. His young family deserves to have him back intact.

Alfie gets the credit for that one but lets not forget Lockyer's Raper joke. Makes Alfie's joke tame in comparison. Not that I give a shyte.

Lockyers strongest card is leadership- makes those around him lift - the true sign of a champion player - however, as most seem to sweep under the carpet , has lost many games with his defence which to be perfectly honest is average at best. Defence is at least of equal importance as attack & imo the true ingredient Lockyer shows is lifting a team & shows this in crunch pressure situations. His leadership is bigger than his allround ability & the main reason the Broncos heirarchy are dirty he wont be out there.

He won't play. The first heavy hit and landing on his head and he's gone. Waste of a bench player. Ego got him down here but he won't play.

He will play, he is a queenslander who are known not only for being inbred and retarded but also tough as nails,i don't rate his skills like the media do but I rate his toughness and courage just under Tooves,i hope thats not my maroon glasses talking

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6