Lockyer out..........allegedly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair when arguing players out...as good as glenn et all are he is a fair player to be missing

Lockyer was a great player and a fair player - its not easy to replace such a player in any side.

Was wondering on saturday night whether we had just seen Lockyer and Brisbane play their grand final against the dragons....

GO MANLY!!!!!!

Imo this motivated team will be harder to beat than 16 & a passenger regardless of how much class he has. These young bucks will play for their lives & that extra motivation for Lockyer + lets prove we are not a 1 man band, will be the perfect whole hearted 80 minutes needed to prepare for the GF.

MK Eagle said:
Imo this motivated team will be harder to beat than 16 & a passenger regardless of how much class he has. These young bucks will play for their lives & that extra motivation for Lockyer + lets prove we are not a 1 man band, will be the perfect whole hearted 80 minutes needed to prepare for the GF.
They will be as motivated as chooks running around without their heads without their captain and leader .

I'm sick of this talk. They couldn't convincingly beat us a few weeks ago with Lockyer and we had Snake and Foran out. How do they expect to do it with the exact opposite happening?

Fonz is correct. We didn't have a 5/8th or a fullback and they just beat us in front of a huge crowd with all the 'Darren's last year' thing happening. Lockyer is their go-to man, is the thinker in the team and organizes their offense. We need to play hard, stay strong throughout and score points. It's that easy. Manly by many.

DSM5 said:
Fonz is correct. We didn't have a 5/8th or a fullback and they just beat us in front of a huge crowd with all the 'Darren's last year' thing happening. Lockyer is their go-to man, is the thinker in the team and organizes their offense. We need to play hard, stay strong throughout and score points. It's that easy. Manly by many.

They are young and enthusiastic, BUT he's their "go to man"

Would the Tigers win without Benji...no
Will the Bronco's win without Lockyer....no

It will be a tough first half but I expect us to overpower them in the seocnd and manly by plenty...**** I can hardly wait!!

BOZO said:
MK Eagle said:
They will be as motivated as chooks running around without their heads without their captain and leader .
They will lose without him & would have lost just as much with him. Their captain & leader would have been an absolute liability.
I seen 17 headless Roosters beat Illawarra recently - never set the mentality the game is won before it begins, I'm sure Des wont.
That said i will be on Seaeagles 19+ & would have had the same bet if Lockyer played - as I stated above for those who can understand dont expect this mob to lye down, they will play with enthusiasm for 80 minutes as a perfect preperation for the GF.

Beleive that Lockyer is out when & if his name is not on the official team list realeased @ 6:45pm Friday. And only then.

Regardless, many of the Broncos players especially thier young backs are firing and will be a massive handful for the Manly boys. I'm surprised the Broncos are paying so much on sportstab, Manly better be on thier game.
The Sea Eagles can do it though, if they play well for over 3/4 of the match with few mistakes.. GO MANLY WARRINGAH!

Most finals games are carefully planned and constructed by coaches with little risk the main instruction. Blow outs like the Cowboys are rare and they were way below us on form yet it was tight until the last quarter. If the Broncs get a sniff they will have a lot more firepower to hold the line and make it togh. Losing Locky is massive - he is an absolute match winner and proven it for a decade, but I don't expect us to thrash them and I will be happy with just getting the win.

ManlyBacker said:
Most finals games are carefully planned and constructed by coaches with little risk the main instruction. Blow outs like the Cowboys are rare and they were way below us on form yet it was tight until the last quarter. If the Broncs get a sniff they will have a lot more firepower to hold the line and make it togh. Losing Locky is massive - he is an absolute match winner and proven it for a decade, but I don't expect us to thrash them and I will be happy with just getting the win.

Exactly. We are not playing for differential.

How many of our lot are actively practicing field goal attempts under pressure ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6