Lodge, you Monster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sure is going to be a fairly formidable prop grouping if Lodge can hit his straps again and become a force in the middle again ..
Jake ,,Paseka , Bully , Sipley and Aloiai at their best also .
Guess the question will be also if Brown will consistently be able to offer more or slightly more then Jake as the 13 .
Then a fully fit and performing Shu in the mix . Sure that Haumole and Burbo will contribute well . Parker , fair chance of making a good transition to an edge
Bit of back up for Froggy
Lot need to go right but in a best case scenario for the pack , could seriously lead a solid tilt at the premiership
Brown is the real wildcard here.

If he can be good enough to command a starting role at 13, then the Manly pack suddenly looks good in my opinion.

Otherwise, its more of the same. While Jake does an admirable job at 13, you can't have a prop playing there when the benchmark is mobile guys Murray, Yeo, Carrigan etc

Had a chat with Matt Lodge today at Bayview boat ramp. He was returning from a fishing trip and we trading fishing stories.

He really loves the northern beaches and the life style it has around it.

As much i didn't want him at the club, it seems like he is happy in life. No one hear knows what he was been through growing up, or the demons he carried.

Im all for forgiveness and if he is remorseful and truely regrets what he did, then I’m happy with that.

Had a chat with Matt Lodge today at Bayview boat ramp. He was returning from a fishing trip and we trading fishing stories.

He really loves the northern beaches and the life style it has around it.

As much i didn't want him at the club, it seems like he is happy in life. No one hear knows what he was been through growing up, or the demons he carried.

Im all for forgiveness and if he is remorseful and truely regrets what he did, then I’m happy with that.
Some of the greatest contributors to life have come from those who have screwed up monumentally. The authentic genuine life lessons come from the greatest f#*k ups.

Look top me like he has turned it around. He has plenty of football left in him at 28 especially as a prop. I hope he becomes a real leader of our pack.
With Jared Maria Hargraves retiring this year, Lodge has the opportunity of taking over his title as (arguably) the most feared prop in the game. Hopefully minus all the penalties and time off on the sidelines!!! If Brown hits his potential as well then I think that title might extend to our pack. Now that in itself would be worth the price of a ticket.

Apparently possibly only 4 weeks away.

Promising. Plus we have Sippers available from round four. When full strength we have a big pack. We have two demon tacklers, Jurbo and Froggy, an attacking juggernaut in Guacca, a long striding runner in Burbo... and possibly a creative ball player in The Shoe.
We may not be a nimble pack but we should be tough and strong enough to at least hold all opposition packs. That will be sufficient in order for our top class backs to win matches for us.

Matt Lodge’s rapid return from career-threatening injury​

Manly prop Matt Lodge is poised to return to the field less than eight months after suffering an ACL tear which plunged his career into doubt.

Fresh from their season-opening win over the Rabbitohs in Las Vegas, the Sea Eagles have received another major boost with Lodge to undergo testing next week, which is expected to clear him for an on-field return.

It was feared a long rehabilitation would have Lodge missing most of the 2024 campaign with some NRL players struggling to return within 12 months due to complications during their recovery.

But having been handed a career lifeline by the Sea Eagles, who offered him a new contractdespite the long injury lay-off he was facing, Lodge has sped through his recovery to be on the verge of a return within the next month.

If given the green light next week, he will increase his training load over the next fortnight before being declared available to play.

Manly prop Matt Lodge.

Manly prop Matt Lodge.CREDIT: NRL IMAGES

“We’re expecting him to be ready in about four weeks,” Manly coach Anthony Seibold said. “He should be available to play in that time, but we’ll know a bit more after the testing. He’s just integrated back into skills this week.

“He’s fit. He’s done a lot of boxing and a lot of wrestle. He’s a really diligent trainer. There’s another young fella called Zane Dunford who did his ACL in Jersey Flegg, but he’s been full-time with us in our train and trial squad. Lodgey has been excellent with him.”

The Sea Eagles expect Lodge to be a crucial ingredient in the club’s top-eight push this year as he joins an experienced pack joining Jake Trbojevic, Taniela Paseka, Tof Sipley, Josh Aloiai and Nathan Brown in the middle of the park.

The Sea Eagles also signed veteran forward Aaron Woods to a development deal, and have ex-Tigers prop Aitasi James to boost their depth up front.

But the return of Lodge will be another ace up Seibold’s sleeve as the Sea Eagles try to turn into premiership threats after fading in the second half of last season.

Lodge joined Manly mid-way through last season after an 18-game stint at the Roosters. The Sea Eagles are his fifth NRL club.

This is VERY exciting. He's a definite leader. Hope his agility hasn't been effected. The games really sped up this year.

Apart from Cookie splitting us apart a bit last week, we kinda dominated the Bunnies.

The thought of us getting healthy is sensational

This is VERY exciting. He's a definite leader. Hope his agility hasn't been effected. The games really sped up this year.

Apart from Cookie splitting us apart a bit last week, we kinda dominated the Bunnies.

The thought of us getting healthy is sensational
going to have to tidy that up today, tobasco will be testing the middle of the ruck all day

GPS numbers are in and Matt Lodge is ready for NRL return
ByChristian Nicolussi, Adam Pengilly and Billie Eder
Updated April 16, 2024 — 7.23pmfirst published April 14, 2024 — 1.30pm

Matt Lodge’s impressive GPS results at training are why Anthony Seibiold feels comfortable catapulting him straight into Manly’s starting side despite no game time this year due to major knee surgery in the second half of 2023.

Lodge is confident he will cope with the opening physical exchanges against the Titans on Saturday evening as the Sea Eagles overcome the loss of props Tof Sipley (knee) and Josh Aloiai (suspension).

Lodge, 28, ruptured his ACL against the Sydney Roosters last August but said he could have returned a month ago. Scans also revealed he had been playing with “about a third of my ACL the past five years, so I finally got it fixed up”.

Seibold had no interest in giving Lodge some game time in NSW Cup, and said on Tuesday: “All the testing we’ve done with him has been elite. He’s been back [in] full training for about a month, and he’s been one of our best from a physical point of view.

“We’re down on troops, but I’ve got great confidence in Lodgey starting the game strongly.
“What gives me confidence is he’s done a month of scrimmage and arm wrestles and all the stuff teams do at training, which is the next best thing to playing games.”

Manly signed Lodge on a cut-price deal after he ruptured his ACL, despite knowing he would miss the start of the season.
After playing for four clubs in four seasons, Lodge wants to repay Manly and finally secure a contract extension.

“I’m only 28, even though it feels like I’m 40, I’ve got a few kids and want to settle down, and I’d love to play consistent footy and earn a deal,” Lodge said.

“I’m somehow in better nick now than before the injury.
“At the price, I wasn’t the largest risk [for Manly]. But ‘Seebs’ knows what I do off the field and at training – I’m back [from injury] early, I always said that would happen from day one, I’ve worked hard – and hopefully that deal pays off for him.”

Lodge is costing Manly about $200,000 this year, while another cut-price forward, Aaron Woods, who pockets $80,000 plus $3000 match payments, has been retained on the bench.

Speaking about Lodge’s return, Woods said: “Looking at his GPS, it’s the fastest Lodgey has moved in a while. He also looks like he’s trimmed down.”

Manly welcome the return of speedster Jason Saab, who suffered a hamstring injury in Las Vegas, as well as Reuben Garrick (concussion).

Always good to have someone with grunt in your side. Now we have two, Lodge and Brown. One element we missed badly for several years. Tough no nonsense types. Not the sort you invite to a garden party for tea and crumpet.

If Lodge's comeback match is half as good as the effusive story (above) about him then we'll be delighted.

It’s actually good to hear that he was playing with a third of his ACL for the past five years because his lack of mobility was concerning. Now he is tracking faster and should be a bit quicker over the ad line.

Coming back from an ACL. Risky. Hope we're not rushing him as we are down on troops. Hope all goes well for him. We need him.

The Arrr-teee-cool above said he could've played a month ago.

So going by that - he's ready!

It’s actually good to hear that he was playing with a third of his ACL for the past five years because his lack of mobility was concerning. Now he is tracking faster and should be a bit quicker over the ad line.
Even playing with a third of his ACL he made an immediate impact last season at manly. I thought with the few games he played he was our best forward. 👍

Even playing with a third of his ACL he made an immediate impact last season at manly. I thought with the few games he played he was our best forward. 👍
Yes, he was very good in contact, threw some good offloads, and worked hard. I still thought he looked a bit slow and that was probably my only concern. If he has improved that aspect of his game, we have a very good cut price prop for 2024!

The other forwards like Paseka and Aliai and Sip will all become more physical with Lodge around and we do have enough size up front to really dominate that middle, which in turn allows us to set our speedy backs alight....all is looking good right now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8