• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I've been in the US over the last month, browsing from an iPad on the road. Works okay, but I noticed every time I tried to mark the football forum as read, the animated icon in the top left corner would pop up but nothing would happen. Site wouldn't time out but would simply sit there.
I figured it was a cookie issue and I'd fix it when I got home, but browsing from home (running OS X Sierra) gives me the same problem on three different browsers: Safari, Firefox and Chrome. And now I can't log in on any of those browsers. Again, the animated icon pops up as if it's about to take me to the login screen but nothing actually happens.
I'm now logged in on my wife's Windows laptop, running through her work VPN.
I've deleted cookies ands caches, disabled ad blockers and crossed my fingers and still haven't had any luck. Any ideas?
Email might be the best way to reply.

I have the same issues when trying to mark the forums as read across all my devices

Hmm I dont get that issue and that certainly should have been fixed with the change I made a few weeks back. I will investigate.

Nothing has been appearing in the server logs, so I will have to think on how to attack this one

Just made a small change try it now

Glad I'm not the only one.
Unfortunately the small change made no difference to me. Unable to log in except on the wife's Windows PC running Internet Explorer.
Edit: Also able to mark forums read using that setup.

Last edited:
I had that login problem for a week or two, the only device I was still logged in on was iPad. Every time I tried to log in on PC the log-in box disappeared from view(!). Eventually seems to have fixed itself, but still can't access the site on android ('secure connection can't be established') so gave up that one

I am still having the same issue trying to mark the forums as read

can
I am still having the same issue trying to mark the forums as read
you try it on another computer. We have turned off server side caching I think there is something with the JS or cookie that is cached on yours that is causing that. Sessions are cached and held for minumum 15 mins so you shouldn't be seeing any logout issues anymore.

I was having the same problem on chrome and on my iPhone but the issue is no longer occurring for me after the changes i mde

can

you try it on another computer. We have turned off server side caching I think there is something with the JS or cookie that is cached on yours that is causing that. Sessions are cached and held for minumum 15 mins so you shouldn't be seeing any logout issues anymore.

I was having the same problem on chrome and on my iPhone but the issue is no longer occurring for me after the changes i mde
I tried it on a couple with the same issue - no dramas with log outs but just marking forums as read

can

Actually scrub that it just worked

Glad I'm not the only one.
Unfortunately the small change made no difference to me. Unable to log in except on the wife's Windows PC running Internet Explorer.
Edit: Also able to mark forums read using that setup.
@Ron E. Gibbs
So one thing we did do was change our JS version and I think this might be the issue, because I cache them from the web server rather than from the browser. Perhaps you are getting a mixed mode one as the spinning circle you describe is all part of the JS.

I am going to restart the server in 2 hours, once this has been done all the server side cache will be cleared. So sometime after two hours logout of the site, clear your cookies and your cache (Specifically search for any cache of silvertails.net and any JS and then try it all again

Actually scrub that it just worked
told you

I had that login problem for a week or two, the only device I was still logged in on was iPad. Every time I tried to log in on PC the log-in box disappeared from view(!). Eventually seems to have fixed itself, but still can't access the site on android ('secure connection can't be established') so gave up that one
That should also be fixed now. Completely close down the app clear the cache on your phone it should work fine. The issue there was some ads being served over HTTP, now all ads are served over https and we no longer have mixed mode

Logged in on my iPad now (it was never logged out) and by turning off Java Script I was able to mark forums as read. But I'm still unable to log in on my Mac using any browser, even after nuking cookies and caches and starting from scratch, UNLESS (like the iPad) I disable Java Script. Once I'm logged in, if I reenable Java Script, everything goes haywire again.
Could my ISP (Telstra) be caching the js data?

Last edited:
I log in on my phone I was using the web version which I found easier but it is having issues, ie it won't let me go to forums then rugby league forum. So I got the app now and it's been good but today it says the app is disabled

I log in on my phone I was using the web version which I found easier but it is having issues, ie it won't let me go to forums then rugby league forum. So I got the app now and it's been good but today it says the app is disabled
Same.

IMG_0522.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0522.PNG
    IMG_0522.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 8
I am trying to sort it out with them now. Its 4am here so I am going back to sleep. I have contact the App developers. It looks like a licensing stuff up as they didn't invoice me as expected

The App is back up and running. If anyone asks me why I am not a member this year and why I haven't flown back to Sydney for a visit, its because I purchased the license for the app :)

@Ron E. Gibbs i just made a temporary change that turns off our Content Delivery Network which caches JS and other things. Can you try first doing the following

In chrome go to

First navigate away from the website!

1: chrome://settings
2: Go to Content Settings
3: Enable Javascript and Cookies
4: In the same window go back to cookies at the top and click "All Cookies and site data"
5: search for silvertails
6: remove all the data including local storage (This should remove all the stored Javascript and the cookies)

Go back to Silvertails and see if you can then login

For Firefox:

1. Select the Firefox menu button
  2. Select the History icon
  3. Scroll to the bottom and select Show All History
  4. Search for the site using the Search History field in the upper-right corner
  5. Within the results, right-click the appropriate page and select Forget About This Site

Also try the app on any mobile device you use

Last edited:
The navigation settings for the site and the app should be identical so there should be no reason You cant navigate to the specific forum. Just go to

Menu >> Forums
then on the page that loads scroll down and you will see the Rugby League forum.

If that device doesn't work, let me know and also the device and OS version you are using that has that issue. Although its fine to use the App and now I prefer it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4