• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks, Dan. I'll see what I can do.
I run a Tomato-based router, which should be very secure. And for me, the issue started occurring on my iOS device when I was away from my home network. I was gone for a month and only noticed the problem occurring on my Mac when I returned. But I'll check and reset everything I can.

I look forward to hearing the results of your investigation Ron, Sorry I am useless when it comes to this stuff.

rather than only looking for util cave, it may be worth looking for "ezJquery" on your computers/systems.

I reversed a number of changes over the last few months to make sure it wasnt anything, none of these touched login, the only ones in that regard were an image captcha

Thanks again, Dan.
"ezJquery" is nowhere to be found on my system. No malware (that I can find) or suspicious launch service processes running either. Rebooted in safe mode and checked everything I know how to check and, as far as I can tell, the OS is clean.
For some reason, anything relating to javascript on silvertails.net is still going haywire (login, notifications, marking forums read, etc) and I have no idea why. But it's only on OS X or iOS clients on my network - if I plug in my wife's Windows laptop there's no issue.
Interestingly enough, I use a UK site, avforums.com, which seems to use exactly the same javascript overlay animations as silvertails and is still working fine. I'll poke around that site and see if I get any errors.

Odd that it's only iOS. I access the site through iOS and OS X and occasionally Linux and the issue does not come up for me

I'm really at a loss as to what suggest and have the feeling this is some as yet undetected OS X malware I might suggest you submit it to malware bytes or something to see if they can suggest anything

^ OS X and iOS for me, but yep, it's really odd. Glad it's working on your end with OS X and iOS clients though!

I think I found and fixed it. Let me know if it is working for you now.

It looks like the nameservers I used that then routed through a CDN was adding the code but then transferring to the site before loading....I think. I only found it through some very dodgy detective work. But I now think I have gotten rid of it all.

Dan

@conanu it should be fixed for you too, try clearing cache etc to make sure

I think I found and fixed it. Let me know if it is working for you now.

It looks like the nameservers I used that then routed through a CDN was adding the code but then transferring to the site before loading....I think. I only found it through some very dodgy detective work. But I now think I have gotten rid of it all.

Dan
Great news! I'm on a work Windows PC now but will try it when I get home.

Dan, you're a genius and a legend! Everything working fine for me here now. Thanks so much for sticking at it.

That one was a tough one to figure out, ended up having to do a lot of crawling via command line to try to get the information on what was happening. The issue shouldn't be occurring but I have to submit a ticket to the company we were using, its almost like downstream loading was stalling

You fixed it mate, Just another reason why I love the site and all your hard work. You are a legend mate.

Agreed! well done @Dan
You know....most companies say that they believe they give good service....
But every now and then you find someone who goes beyond.

Good job!

Agreed! well done @Dan
You know....most companies say that they believe they give good service....
But every now and then you find someone who goes beyond.

Good job!
being personally invested in something and wanting to do something good helps. Its a philosophy I take into my day to day work too, be personally accountable

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4