LoL - Jesus - Make an effort !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182246.msg248846#msg248846 date=1263278449]
Vid, I hope you noticed and told Bob and Graham how I haven't bagged anyone yet.

You are a marked man DSM because Ox has already told Bob and Graham how he left the club in tears because of your unrelenting bagging.
[/quote]

Love it!

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182246.msg248826#msg248826 date=1263262571]
You were there then Vid?

No mate, I was on my hols but was having a chat with Bob Reilly this morning about a few things and of course the subject of Lowey starting in the new role  came up and the photo was mentioned and I explained the thread on here.

Graham is no doubt going to be very accessible to fans in the coming weeks so well worth you having a wander over and shaking his hand and letting him know some of your concerns and let him have his say about what he brings to the club and what plans he has for the coming season and maybe then making a balanced decision like some of the rest of us?

Volley - I bet you're murder to watch those US crime dramas with as you will have spotted all the clues and solved the case way before the rest of the cast...
Wheel - Actually incorrect - I was up the pot plant trying to get some kids new runner out of it...
[/quote]

No chance. I don't want to be the cause of the poor ol' guys heart giving way again ;) As said above, my post was meant in fun.

I actually wish the guy all the best. Do I expect a lot? Definitely. Why? I love my footy club, and want it around. Simple as that.

I'm actually excited to see what new initiatives, new sponsors, new moneys by way of development and new players he attracts, as well as embracing, and enhancing what has already been built by previous management.

Vidmar was on hand with a plate of free sandwiches.  Who are the two other clowns?  And why was Lowe late?  Unprofessional.

I bet Vid told Lowey that there were guys complaining about him on this website (hence the discussion about this thread). What WOULD be preferential, is that Vid tells Lowey the fans have very high expectations - as the bar has already been set very high over the past three years or so.

The fans would like to know what new players, what new federal funding, what new sponsorship, what retention of existing players, and what innovation he has come up with to inject capital into our brand.

Forget threads on Silvertails.net. There are far more important matters that need addressing.

Matabele link said:
Vidmar was on hand with a plate of free sandwiches.  Who are the two other clowns?  And why was Lowe late?  Unprofessional.

Ah Happy new year to you also Andrew, Looking forward to a great 2010.

As previously posted I was on my holidays and had very nice time thank you.

I'm surprised you didnt recognise Co-owner Max Delmege and Sea Eagles board member and former Manly player Jack Elsegood in the photo?

Not sure why Graham was running late but of course you deserve an explanation - I'll call him and make sure he gives you a full apology for his tardiness (As someone who has also recently relocated a young family I thought you may understand that he would have no doubt had a fair bit on his plate recently?)

I'm sure Bob Reilly will be suitably chastened by your comments re what he can and can't read so hopefully he'll take note.

Ryan, I've not yet met Graham but will no doubt soon so as you are reluctant to put your concerns to him personally as suggested I'll remember to pass on your comments and get back to you with his response.

Deary deary me, So dissapointing that such passionate fans are not more supportive and encouraging of people that have obviously got the best interest of the club at heart...

We all know what Delmege looks like.  His red, bloodshot nose is hard to miss.  Who is behind him, Con Ange?

Matabele link said:
We all know what Delmege looks like.  His red, bloodshot nose is hard to miss.  Who is behind him, Con Ange?

Ah, this is where we need Volley and his forensic accumen...We know who was at the lunch, I've identified Max, Jack and Graham...the fourth person would be...?

"Deary deary me, So dissapointing that such passionate fans are not more supportive and encouraging of people that have obviously got the best interest of the club at heart".

Vid, not everyone that has the club close to their hearts make the best or smartest decisions (I appreciate people make mistakes), but honestly, and you tell me - who would be a better CEO of The Manly Sea Eagles:-

1. Grant Mayer or
2. Graham Lowe

I understand there's no point going down that road - because our opinions mean naught in hindsight.

I guess I'm just disappointed that the position we are currently in, is predominantly a reaction to events that did not need to transpire. I also consider the contingency to be of less quality, than what I would almost call the scapegoat in all of this in Mayer.

DSM5 link said:
You remind me of my 'Ox is crap' cracked record 08/09 Ryan.  I won, you lost. 
Yours is a short term, Pyrrhic victory.  The machinations of FC/Board idiocy will haunt the club for years to come. 

Better to be 'haunted' by Prince Grant wandering the hill with his head in his hand, than sitting there watching Orford running towards me on his little legs. 

Ryan link said:
\"Deary deary me, So dissapointing that such passionate fans are not more supportive and encouraging of people that have obviously got the best interest of the club at heart\".

Vid, not everyone that has the club close to their hearts make the best or smartest decisions (I appreciate people make mistakes), but honestly, and you tell me - who would be a better CEO of The Manly Sea Eagles:-

1. Grant Mayer or
2. Graham Lowe

I understand there's no point going down that road - because our opinions mean naught in hindsight.

I guess I'm just disappointed that the position we are currently in, is predominantly a reaction to events that did not need to transpire. I also consider the contingency to be of less quality, than what I would almost call the scapegoat in all of this in Mayer.

Ryan,
The last few weeks has seen some mass hysteria in some quarters and the usual posturing and point scoring.

I’d like to think that we all hope Graham goes well and brings success to the club on and off the field…Time will tell if that’s the case?

Comparing the previous CEO to the new comer is unwise at the moment as there is nothing to compare.

What occurred with Grant did and for a number of reasons – it happened and we can’t re-write that part of the history of the club.

By all means lament on what could have been but to be critical publicly of the new CEO without even speaking to him or judging him on his results in a few months time is divisive and unproductive and to my way of thinking actually quite rude.

Let’s see how he goes shall we and as supporters of the club give him a warm welcome and do what we can to support him in the meantime to see if he can live up to our expectations?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6