LOL Newcastle and Wayne Bennett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly have been beaten, and beaten well by Parramatta (8 competition points, and dead last), Penrith (10 competition points, and second last), and a Titans team that was struggling heavily.

I don't get how we can laugh at anyone.

A tip. On any given day, any team, can beat someone else.

By offloading players mid-season Bennett is conceding that he is not a good enough coach to bring these players up to NRL standard. He is taking the easy way out - asking Mt T to buy him the best players.

Bennett is past it. A good coach transforms lesser players into stars. I don;t see any players at Newcastle falling into this category.

They may have some decent backs in Gidley, Uate & Boyd, but their pack is utter rubbish, no way they can win with those forwards.

Crusher_Cleal said:
They may have some decent backs in Gidley, Uate & Boyd, but their pack is utter rubbish, no way they can win with those forwards.

On paper Melbourne have 'ordinary' forwards but Bellamy is a good enough coach to improve them. I don;t know any on here that like Bellamy, but you have to admit that he is a fine coach. He's had a lot less to work with (in the early days) than Bennett, and helped to create several superstars.

Some might say Bennett is past it, but is the question "was Bennett ever up to it"?

Freddie's grandmother should be able to win regular premierships at the Broncos and Melbourne.

The Broncos have had such a leg-up on the rest of the competition that it should be pretty-much a no-contest. A die-hard rugby league city of 2 million people, no competition, money coming out of their ears, overflowing with an unbelievable recruitment area guaranteed to provide the best young talent, sponsors lining up to throw money at them, owned by the same people that run the game, etc, etc.

And Melbourne ... reportedly $8m per annum sucked out of their competitors pockets and given for free to them - money coming out of their ears - how easy have they had it? Also owned by the same people that have run the game.

Rex said:
Freddie's grandmother should be able to win regular premierships at the Broncos and Melbourne.

Freddie's grandmother must be a better coach than Bellamy then, because Bellamy hasn't won a premiership.

You lot really are a bunch of (sorry that was an end of the day rant..apologies)

Bellamy, regardless of what went on at the storm is a quality coach

Look at the results he has gotten the plast couple of years. As for bennett if it was so easy i expect the bronco's to have won last year and win again this year

Having the best names does not players does not equal the best team. I think he main failing has been an inability to effectively deal with the origin period - how many times did the broncs fall away post SOO....much like the dragons last year

I don't believe Bellamy is as great as many would have you believe. Look at his Origin record.

One thing you do have to acknowledge is that he is an innovator - but the problem is that his innovations are all aimed at injuring opponents. He has a lot to answer for. Rugby League would be a better game if Bellamy was never involved in my view.

If the Storm win this year (and they are every chance of doing so) he deserves full credit for that. But until that happens he is just a hack without a premiership and with an abysmal Origin record.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8