[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Alby

Reserve Grader
Hello Rex,

Regrettably, what other posters say about this site is true. I'd be embarrassed not proud of that.

Posters who come here and get slammed would say that. But have they also mentioned the 'World Class layout' of this site? Envied by all sites. Something to be proud of !!

Last edited:

Eelectric

The atmosphere is Eelectric..
It's because we've had a steady stream of malicious Eels trolls flooding us here. But only when the wind favoured them. NEVER when the wind turned against them.

Perhaps many of them may have been different incarnations of one extremely egocentric poster, who unsurprisingly called himself "Chief".

Hi Rex, Thanks for writing that.

I didn't know the history of what happened with "Chief" & am not involved with that so can't comment on it, but fair enough. Before yesterday, I've never been on this site.

End of the day, I put a sarcastic joke up re a 'name change' , followed with some tit for tat. Well, I'm now officially a "troll" here, with lots of those unbecoming troll likes.

Lets all hope for a great year, for everyone. Who knows we might meet in the semi's to reignite that ancient rilvary. I'd expect you would make it in this year & Barrett seems to be fitting in well. Few pundits rate us, so we might surprise a few here (in private).

All good, Rex. Stay well.

Eelectric

Posters who come here and get slammed would say that. But have they also mentioned the 'World Class layout' of this site? The envy of all sites? Something to be proud of !!

I'd agree. It looks like a good setup, from what I've seen so far. Even an app. Impressive. Kudos to your IT department.

With the large volume of parra spiel , i would of thought it's not very surprising you'd attract a few interested eels fans.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I'd agree. It looks like a good setup, from what I've seen so far. Even an app. Impressive. Kudos to your IT department.

With the large volume of parra spiel , i would of thought it's not very surprising you'd attract a few interested eels fans.

To be honest this is nothing compared to what used to be said about the dogs when des left, storm from 2007 - 2012. It is topical as you have taken some players and staff from us...and well it is the off season!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The attention the Eels get on this site is amazing. It's an honour. Manly gets next to nothing on the Eels forum.

Has any consideration been given to renaming this site ( e.g. Parramatta Eagles ) to more accurately reflect the content ?

Manly gets nothing on the eels forums because all the eels supporters like you come directly and troll into to our Sacred Silvertails forum.

laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg
laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg

Eelectric

To be honest this is nothing compared to what used to be said about the dogs when des left, storm from 2007 - 2012. It is topical as you have taken some players and staff from us...and well it is the off season!

So we shouldn't feel too special then ? Lol.

Btw, the muppet picture is hilarious. Suppose there's no point asking who deleted my Foran avatar non democratically ?

You guys are passionate & highly entertaining at least. Not without humour, once you get over the initial surprise.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
What's the deal with Foran being named captain??
Hasn't even played a game for them yet and has been given the job of leading the team??
Captaincy needs to be earned. Not off to a good start either, he stated in an interview that Norman is as good as DCE lol..
Has the NRL integrity commission been informed? He is clearly high or drunk to be making statements like that. This statement is a much more obvious indicator of intoxication that anything his best mate Mitchell ever did or said on his infamous escapade.

Rex

Bencher
Hi Rex, Thanks for writing that.

I didn't know the history of what happened with "Chief" & am not involved with that so can't comment on it, but fair enough. Before yesterday, I've never been on this site.

End of the day, I put a sarcastic joke up re a 'name change' , followed with some tit for tat. Well, I'm now officially a "troll" here, with lots of those unbecoming troll likes.

Lets all hope for a great year, for everyone. Who knows we might meet in the semi's to reignite that ancient rilvary. I'd expect you would make it in this year & Barrett seems to be fitting in well. Few pundits rate us, so we might surprise a few here (in private).

All good, Rex. Stay well.
It's tricky posting on opposition forums. Unfortunately for any Eels fans, they'll get very little leeway here because of Chief and his various clones repeatedly popping up. eg Sealbomb is a current Chief clone, sniping away here.

Good-humoured, tongue-in-cheek postings can be part of a positive forum, but not the malicious postings and ratings we've become conditioned to expect from the stream of Eels trolls.

To be one of the welcome opposition fans posting here, being an Eels fan you'll need to be tough enough to bear the inevitable troll ratings, thank Chief for that, and laugh it off as not personal to you. And post with humanity and hopefully a tad humour. All the best whatever you choose EE.

Eelectric

Look, this is all in good fun however at Manly we don't need lectures about ' sticking with your team through adversity ' . I have had enough of that from North Sydney Bears supporters over the years. Glad that's been silenced now . Parramatta should have been more successful over the years , considering all the juniors and being in Rugby League Heartland . Apart from the golden era of 1975-1986 and the odd charge in the 2000's it had not - and we always compare ourselves to them as we came into the Comp in the same year. True, Manly supporters do have a higher threshold of expectation and call out our clubs Management and players when we see fit . We can't understand why the Eels don't . Recent history shows our fans by in large can handle anything - remember our club was on it's knees with the Northern Eagles merger then enduring thrashings ( no wooden spoons though ) in the few years after that.

Good luck to Parra . Ok I'm
Old enough to remember that 70s and 80s rivalry - '76, 78, 82 83 etc. Great days . Loved Brett Kenny as a player.. One of two quirky favorite all time memories are 1. Max Krillich getting an intercept try , running from about half way v Eels at Brookvale in 1981, and Don McKinnon scoring at Parra Stadium in 1988 in that thrashing. C'mon Parra, get your act together so we can have that mutual respect and rivalry that we miss.

Great post, Max . Agree.

Just between us, I honestly think Manly has built an enviable "winning" culture for a long time now. So Kudos.

Yeah, those were interesting days, late 70's, 80's. I admired Noel Cleal in particular. Liked Phil Blake & Ron Rambo Gibbs as well. A real madman with attitude.

Eelectric

It's tricky posting on opposition forums. Unfortunately for any Eels fans, they'll get very little leeway here because of Chief and his various clones repeatedly popping up. eg Sealbomb is a current Chief clone, sniping away here.

Good-humoured, tongue-in-cheek postings can be part of a positive forum, but not the malicious postings and ratings we've become conditioned to expect from the stream of Eels trolls.

To be one of the welcome opposition fans posting here, being an Eels fan you'll need to be tough enough to bear the inevitable troll ratings, thank Chief for that, and laugh it off as not personal to you. And post with humanity and hopefully a tad humour. All the best whatever you choose EE.

Its all good, Rex. Appreciate the intelligent posts & I misjudged you. I've got no right to be here, really anyway. At least I had a bit of a sticky beak, made a few friends.

In all fairness, troll factor aside, it's a really good site , you've set up here , professional, informative & made me chuckle a bit, too.

It kind of requires good humour being an unintentional troll muppet, the butt of jokes. Sometimes we're the statue & sometimes we're the pigeon (or eagles, perhaps) & I can see one coming. lol

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
So we shouldn't feel too special then ? Lol.

Btw, the muppet picture is hilarious. Suppose there's no point asking who deleted my Foran avatar non democratically ?

You guys are passionate & highly entertaining at least. Not without humour, once you get over the initial surprise.
One more thing...whilst this is a manly based site this is clearly a football forum not just about manly. Over the years there have been many interesting posts from other supporters which are always welcome

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One more thing...whilst this is a manly based site this is clearly a football forum not just about manly. Over the years there have been many interesting posts from other supporters which are always welcome

We have a very good contributor from the Dogs, oh sure he sticks it up us when we are about to play them and especially if they win but during the season he comes on and contributes to a range of discussions ad is more than welcome to do so.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz

Clint

Tipping Member
We have a very good contributor from the Dogs, oh sure he sticks it up us when we are about to play them and especially if they win but during the season he comes on and contributes to a range of discussions ad is more than welcome to do so.
@Guzzler always gives a balanced view and if nothing else has an awesome username.
He must be a good bloke..........................well as good a bloke that a dogs supporter can be. :p

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Don't get me wrong, we genuinely think Parra suck - and we have ample evidence to back that up - but at the end of the day it's all just friendly banter @Eelectric. I don't mind you guys coming on here at all, especially during the off season.

Rex

Bencher
Its all good, Rex. Appreciate the intelligent posts & I misjudged you. I've got no right to be here, really anyway. At least I had a bit of a sticky beak, made a few friends.

In all fairness, troll factor aside, it's a really good site , you've set up here , professional, informative & made me chuckle a bit, too.

It kind of requires good humour being an unintentional troll muppet, the butt of jokes. Sometimes we're the statue & sometimes we're the pigeon (or eagles, perhaps) & I can see one coming. lol
It's all good EE. Misjudging is inevitable both ways. Misjudging in itself is never really the issue. The issue is when misjudgements become hard set in concrete. Good to see there's plenty of water in your mix.

Agree that the site that Dan has set up, and various people help administer here, is superb - and it's continually being improved. It's hard to not be appreciative, and somewhat in awe of their efforts.

Be interesting to see how Parra and Manly go with the big changes, and apparent improvements, both have made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16