[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
In the end they'll accept, they're just trying to squeeze the best possible deal for themselves, much like the Titans with CBus Stadium when they threatened to walk but never did
I agree.

There's no way Gladys / Stuart Ayres will not get a deal done otherwise Luke Foley will be all over them about wasting public funds.

The last thing they need is more negative publicity about their stadium plan.

Parra have left it awfully late with their negotiations, really this should have been sorted some time ago.

You cannot blame them thought if they think the deal will disincentivise their fans from attending. They are already the perennial failure on the field, and expensive tickets, food and poor transport will drive people away.

Also consider that alot of parra's fan base are families who are up to their eyeballs in mortgages, so a $100-$150 trip to the footy is out of the question.

The problem with the large stadium mentality is that it loses touch with the fan base who can’t afford expensive tickets and exceedingly expensive food and beverages. The slimed are naturally concerned they fan base won’t come because they can’t afford it. I wonder if they are getting the same deal as the Tigers.

The problem with the large stadium mentality is that it loses touch with the fan base who can’t afford expensive tickets and exceedingly expensive food and beverages. The slimed are naturally concerned they fan base won’t come because they can’t afford it. I wonder if they are getting the same deal as the Tigers.

Gurr made mention they are after a better deal than the Tigers as they are an anchor club with 11 games there vs the Tigers with 4 games. Defies belief that this wasn’t negotiated before the dirt was dug on the site given the private investment is $330M.

Interesting investment. IF they get 30,000 a game at an average price of $30 a ticket with 22 games between Parra and WSW, that is a tick under $2M revenue for the clubs. Stadium rental at say $45,000 a game = $990,000. No wonder food and drink prices will be through the roof to cover the concessions which must be enormous to put any dent in the initial investment, assuming it is 100% private and not subsidised by the NSW government. There was mention that Manly pays $45,000 per game day rental at Brookie.

I don't normally give Parra a wrap, in fact never, but on this occasion I think they are right in what they're doing.

Greenturd is pushing the barrow modelled on the AFL where eventually most, if not all Sydney teams will be playing out of the two new stadiums and ANZ.

If Parra just accept the terms, associated costs and all that goes with it then this will be the norm down the track and none of us want that.
Gurr also needs punters to flow into the Leagues Club before, during and after matches so it keeps it's revenue up, if less go to games and watch it at home on FOX then that becomes a hard habit to reverse.

I'd hazard a guess that there is nothing in the NRL licence that would force any club to play at a particular ground, as long as it meets the requirements they can play where they like.
We don't know how long the negotiations have been going on but obviously quite a while and I reckon they've reached a stage where going public forces the issue.

One very important player in all of this that I haven't heard anything about is ANZ Stadium, don't they pay/subsidise teams to play there?
What's to stop them upping the ante in regards to that?
They could make it way more attractive for Parra to play there for a longer term..

I don't normally give Parra a wrap, in fact never, but on this occasion I think they are right in what they're doing.

Greenturd is pushing the barrow modelled on the AFL where eventually most, if not all Sydney teams will be playing out of the two new stadiums and ANZ.

If Parra just accept the terms, associated costs and all that goes with it then this will be the norm down the track and none of us want that.
Gurr also needs punters to flow into the Leagues Club before, during and after matches so it keeps it's revenue up, if less go to games and watch it at home on FOX then that becomes a hard habit to reverse.

I'd hazard a guess that there is nothing in the NRL licence that would force any club to play at a particular ground, as long as it meets the requirements they can play where they like.
We don't know how long the negotiations have been going on but obviously quite a while and I reckon they've reached a stage where going public forces the issue.

One very important player in all of this that I haven't heard anything about is ANZ Stadium, don't they pay/subsidise teams to play there?
What's to stop them upping the ante in regards to that?
They could make it way more attractive for Parra to play there for a longer term..

When does ANZ get pulled down, is that soon or not until the other one is finished.

The only part that makes Parra look silly at the moment is that Wests Tigers have agreed to terms (apparently) and the Wanderers have also.

I don't blame Parra at all for going for more coin, we would all do that if it was our business.

When does ANZ get pulled down, is that soon or not until the other one is finished.

The only part that makes Parra look silly at the moment is that Wests Tigers have agreed to terms (apparently) and the Wanderers have also.

I don't blame Parra at all for going for more coin, we would all do that if it was our business.

Allianz is getting pulled down not ANZ.

Doesn't ANZ get a rebuild/facelift also in the Grand Plan??

Yep and not sure how it's all going to work.
New "Allianz" at Moore Park expected to ready for 2022 season

ANZ refurb is expected to start after next season and completed by mid 2021.
Not sure if it's out of action for all that time though.

The final outcome may well be that the Tigers and Wanderers are the ones that look silly taking a worse deal than Parra

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10