[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Parramatta Eels 0-3 nightmare after ‘absolutely bonkers’ scenes​

The Eels made last years’ NRL Grand Final but 2023 has started horrifically with no signs of it getting better anytime soon.

Andrew McMurtry

Parramatta’s horror start to the NRL season has continued, dropping to 0-3 after a 34-30 loss to the Manly Sea Eagles.
At a boiling hot 4 Pines Park where it was still 28 degrees at full-time, the Eels lost a third straight match by just four points to continue the side’s stunning fall from last years’ grand final.

While the Eels haven’t been too far from a first win of the year, the side could be last at the end of round three with matches against the Panthers and Roosters to come in the next two weeks. And all three will be coming off a bye.

It’s a schedule Matty Johns said on The Late Show with Matty Johns “Is a complete oversight as far as the draw is concerned … That should not happen”.

But at best for Eels fans it can be seen as an excuse.

Bryan Fletcher said the defence was “woeful” on the line, particularly for the Sea Eagles, who dominated the game.

It was a chaotic end to the match with four tries in five minutes as Parramatta stormed home from 28-16 down to just fall short after an intercept try to Haumole Olakau’atu sealed the result for the home side.

“A brain explosion from the Eels, forcing their hand from inside their own territory,” Warren Smith said as Olakau’atu snatched the ball from a J’Maine Hopgood offload and ran away 40m to score, making it 34-26 with three minutes remaining.

Full story link:

There are times when it feels like the universe really has it in for a team and it seems to be Parra’s turn right now lol. It wouldn’t have taken much more for them to be 2-1 or even 3-0 despite having one of the tougher draws to start the season. But now they find themselves 0-3 and despite the football gods having it in for them, a fair bit of where they’re at is their own doing as well.

Parra is not one of those teams who could win a comp outside the top 4 so I think their chances are done for this year now.

Matterson is an idiot. Has contributed to their season becoming wasted early all because he didn’t want to pay a fine which pales in comparison to his salary.

There are times when it feels like the universe really has it in for a team and it seems to be Parra’s turn right now lol. It wouldn’t have taken much more for them to be 2-1 or even 3-0 despite having one of the tougher draws to start the season. But now they find themselves 0-3 and despite the football gods having it in for them, a fair bit of where they’re at is their own doing as well.

Parra is not one of those teams who could win a comp outside the top 4 so I think their chances are done for this year now.

Matterson is an idiot. Has contributed to their season becoming wasted early all because he didn’t want to pay a fine which pales in comparison to his salary.
Matterson strikes me as the footballing equivalent of Harrison in the current season of MAFS: a selfish, narcissistic character, who is never at fault.

The Parramatta Eels have extended the contract of Head Coach Brad Arthur to the end of 2025.

Parramatta Eels Chairman Sean McElduff said Brad is the best person to lead the Club towards challenging for a premiership following a Grand Final appearance last year.

“We have come a long way as a Club both on and off the field in recent years and Brad has played a major part in our success.
Funny how a forward pass that blind Freddy would have seen has saved a mediocre at best coach's job

Don't know if it's lack of talent or clubs' not having the balls and playing it safe.

How does an aspirational coach prove themselves?

Despite their success, the Walker Bros are considered too unorthodox by all NRL clubs, even the bottom feeders.
Is Benji the same and will he be able to instill Benji ball at the Tigers...with some success?

Most of them have years of being an assistant and by years I mean years, look at O'Brien he had 11 years at the Storm, 1 at the chooks and jumped at the first chance he had.

The Gold Coast have a history of hiring long serving assistants with little success.

Look at Seibold, he started as an assistant in Wales in 2006, twelve years before making his NRL debut as a coach via Q Cup and the Storm.

Ciraldo and Webster ( Warriors ) were next cabs off the rank and it's about not only the club picking the right coach but the coach picking the right club ( eg Fitzgibbon )

So re-signing Arthur despite not delivering a premiership is better in their eyes than taking a punt as he's got them as a regular semi finalist 5 of the last 6 years.
Edit: extending Arthur may be part of the Moses contractual dilly dallying.
Better them than us

Dan Nichols at Zero Tackle - loves the Eels, hates Manly.

Therefore - he says the following:

Tyler Perry Good Luck GIF by Nickelodeon
This jerk clearly lives in 2150, what a rose coloured load of sh1t

yes lets hope that in 2 weeks they are 0-5 and that they can never be discussed in terms of top 8/4 or and GFs again

Doesn’t Gutherson look better with a decent haircut? One thing about the man bun, it just highlights that his hairline is receding at the temples. In 2018, he was looking ‘Hemsworth-like’.

That’s all I took out of that Channel 9 screenshot.:)

Nice pick up davo!

With 14 spoons they average one ruffly every four and half years and proudly hold more spoons than any of the current clubs, now that West’s can’t technically win any more, the slime only need 3 more to join West’s on 17 and 4 to hold the impressive record all on their own.

Statistically their due and looking at your pic, on target.

Consistency appears to be their thing, since they‘ve failed to score a first half point in their last 3 GF appearances and went on to lose all three, now if they stick true to form they can continue their Owen 3 starts and with any luck they’ll collect their next spoon.

Fancy letting Mahoney go! It is going to haunt them all year.

36 years and counting, I love it, purely because it’s Parramatta.

I didn’t think it was possible to hate the Eels more, but that Queen Gutho and Bitch Moses makes watching them infuriating. They don’t stop ****ing whinging to the ref at every ****ing moment of the game.
Couldn't agree more. Both drove me nuts. Like a couple of three year olds who missed out on an ice cream.
And add to that Moses moves the ball in much further than he should to take his kicks pretty much every time, and then after one kick last night, the Manly ball kid was closest to him so went to get the kicking tee and, upon seeing he was a Manly kid changed his mind about giving it to him and threw it on the ground instead. Classy.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6