[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Parramatta Eels have extended the contract of Head Coach Brad Arthur to the end of 2025.

Parramatta Eels Chairman Sean McElduff said Brad is the best person to lead the Club towards challenging for a premiership following a Grand Final appearance last year.

“We have come a long way as a Club both on and off the field in recent years and Brad has played a major part in our success.

It amazes me the lack of NRL coaching talent that there seems to be out there
Don't know if it's lack of talent or clubs' not having the balls and playing it safe.

How does an aspirational coach prove themselves?

Despite their success, the Walker Bros are considered too unorthodox by all NRL clubs, even the bottom feeders.
Is Benji the same and will he be able to instill Benji ball at the Tigers...with some success?

Most of them have years of being an assistant and by years I mean years, look at O'Brien he had 11 years at the Storm, 1 at the chooks and jumped at the first chance he had.

The Gold Coast have a history of hiring long serving assistants with little success.

Look at Seibold, he started as an assistant in Wales in 2006, twelve years before making his NRL debut as a coach via Q Cup and the Storm.

Ciraldo and Webster ( Warriors ) were next cabs off the rank and it's about not only the club picking the right coach but the coach picking the right club ( eg Fitzgibbon )

So re-signing Arthur despite not delivering a premiership is better in their eyes than taking a punt as he's got them as a regular semi finalist 5 of the last 6 years.
Edit: extending Arthur may be part of the Moses contractual dilly dallying.

Last edited:

‘Mate, you’re paying the fine’: Arthur blamed over Eels fiasco as star slammed for ‘dud’ $4000 call​

Eels star Ryan Matterson’s decision to accept a three-game suspension over a fine smelt bad at the time, but now it stinks.

Parramatta are struggling without four backrowers from last year’s grand final side and have lost their opening two games of the season.

Coach Brad Arthur is missing Matterson (suspended), Shaun Lane (jaw), Isaiah Papali’i (Wests Tigers) and Marata Niukore (Warriors) - and it’ll be another week before anything changes.

The only omission that was avoidable was Matterson, who inexplicably took a three-game ban instead of paying a $4000 for a crusher tackle in the grand final.

The Eels have already lost to the Storm and Sharks and next face the Sea Eagles, Panthers and Roosters, with an 0-5 start to the season a distinct possibility.

“It was a dud decision by Ryan Matterson,” Paul Kent said on NRL 360.

“The Parramatta Eels tried to address that and went back to the NRL and tried to get it reheard essentially to change his plea from a suspension to a fine.

“Unfortunately it has really bitten the Eels because they’ve got injuries, they’ve been down on troops and really needed him.”

Full story link:

Dan Nichols at Zero Tackle - loves the Eels, hates Manly.

Therefore - he says the following:

Tyler Perry Good Luck GIF by Nickelodeon

Damn - fooled again
I was thinking the NRL could dock 4 points THIs yeah for the Whatmough saga. Why not.

-4 after 3 rounds. Season over!. Lol

NYEagle

‘Ron’ Hodgson hasn’t changed stripes with a change of clubs. Good player, but dirty. They should take a close look at how he comes in and elbows kickers in the neck. He did it a few times tonight to DCE.

I seem to remember he took out DCE for several weeks in 2019, with another dubious tactic.

He does have that ‘bottom of the barrel, could be in prison if he wasn’t a footballer’ look about him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4