[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As they'll be stripped of the auckland 9's title....do they have to give back the prize money?

HappilyManly

Journey Man
How is this punishment ?? they should be made to hang onto to these incompetent fools. In fact they should be promoted to the board if not already on it. Is Steve "Not So" Sharp one of them ??

How funny would it be if one of the players they released was Foran.
Can't wait to see the Dalai call together the ex-Manly contingent to hold a seance for the Eel's 2016 Title Tilt :devil:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
If the Speels have to shed the players that put them over this years cap (i.e. their latest signings) before they can earn any more competition points for this season, doesn't that mean they will have to shed Jennings, Foran, Gutherson, Gordon and Scott?

Or do they just have to get rid of enough to bring them under the cap meaning it'll likely be fringe and NSW Cup players who get released?
I would think if you just release a contracted player you have to pay him out which still counts against your cap. You need to offload players to other teams who will pick up the tab to reduce your cap hit.

That's how I read it anyway...

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Probably the latter

Yep, from reading the sanctions given it seems that the only need to get themselves under the cap to be able to get points. That will likely result in a few of the lesser lights in the squad (i.e. those mostly in NSW Cup) being released or as @Loobs said, offloaded to other teams.

Alternatively the players could take pay cuts to bring the club under the cap which could actually see the need not to release any player.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Poor sterlo would be pulling his hair out.Oh hang on...
ChfloYZUkAA9dYb.jpg

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see corey norman (probably the manger) is the first to come out and cry scared that they may have to lose him because of the salary cap fiasco.

As it's only 570k....surely they dump a few lesser players (like the storm did) - the storm didn't lose their big three!

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Offloading players to other teams might be tough. Most clubs would already be at the very least on the limit of the cap and may not have room without trying to do some offloading of their own, which creates an even more crowded market.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I see corey norman (probably the manger) is the first to come out and cry scared that they may have to lose him because of the salary cap fiasco.

As it's only 570k....surely they dump a few lesser players (like the storm did) - the storm didn't lose their big three!
Whoever is off contract and is a big Cap space player - Norman is a likely candidate. His current contract would be <500k but he wants 800k next year.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Offloading players to other teams might be tough. Most clubs would already be at the very least on the limit of the cap and may not have room without trying to do some offloading of their own, which creates an even more crowded market.
The talented ones would be backended easily at other Clubs.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

It would be awesome...and only fair...if the nrl allowed us to take their players and it not count towards our 2016 cap, and the eels have to pay the contract!!! as HM says, they have plenty of cash!

Whoever is off contract and is a big Cap space player - Norman is a likely candidate. His current contract would be <500k but he wants 800k next year.

Ouch!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16