Looks like where close to signing Shane Rodney for 4 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts link said:
Rodney was very good in 2003/04 but very average since then.  However as Ryan said I have faith in Des.  Also gives us good depth!!!
sounds a bit like josh perry hey garts
premiership and origin a few years ago **** last year
comes to us and is a superstar

He goes alright for a bloodnut, I'd definitely rate him above Willo. I just hope we get a vets report before we sign on the dotted line, neck injuries are notoriously hard to shake off.

They did say the contract is back ended so it's up to him to last the distance to years 3 and 4 to earn his pay. If he remains injured for the first two years I'd assume we'd have an out and not be terribly out of pocket.

and I cant believe nobody has asked the big question.

Why doesnt the title say "looks like we are signing
Shane Rodney....."

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178261.msg194762#msg194762 date=1219911614]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178261.msg194755#msg194755 date=1219904940]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178261.msg194746#msg194746 date=1219902695]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178261.msg194739#msg194739 date=1219899233]
F**k me some of you have an ability to whinge about every little move the club makes. Moan about having no depth when blokes like Morewood and co get a run and then moan about a good depth signing

Personally, would have rather kept Beaver for a year, but guess Rodney won't be on much next season anyway

The Melbourne were not after him point is just silly, they weren't after Josh Perry, Glenn Hall, David Williams or Heath L'Estrange either

We are Australian's we like to whinge.  hehehehe ;D
[/quote]

LOL, you would have a hard time beating most Kiwis
[/quote]

KE I assure you that Australian rugby supporters don't whinge any more now that they have the best rugby coach in New Zealand in charge of our national side.

We cannot thank you kiwi's enough for letting us have him for a few years.     ;D
[/quote]

Gotta be honest, i am not one of the mob outraged that he is gone, which is not making me popular in my home town :D Personally i find his style of coaching the past few years boring, used to watch the Crusaders every week but this season they bored me to tears. I don't mind Henry's style tbh
[/quote]

Compared to the rubbish that Connelly and Jones served up previously he is a breath of fresh air.  You only want a coach for one reason and that is to win and he has a great record with the Crusaders. 

You know that your comments will come back to haunt you if we win the bledisloe and the next world cup with Deans as coach.

I still can't work out why you guys sacked Mitchell as I reckon that his kiwi team had the best style of attacking play of all the recent coaches.

Fro link said:
Duff Wells is hardly a home grown product.

we cant field 17 local juniors every week.

Get out of the 60s FFS

Not saying that Wells is a local junior, I know he's from QLD.
He is part of the system at Manly though and has done his time.

Why does an attempt at stability & identity have to be perceived as an antiquated view?

I have no problem with the odd smart purchase. I'd just rather have Willos departure (for an example) guarentee Cuthbos spot & bump Wells one step up the pecking order with the pressure to perform coming from underneath rather than having someone come in over the top.
Players tend to be cheaper to keep than they are to buy.

Garts link said:
I did not think Rodney had red hair, I thought that was Luke Swain.

Lets sign Luke Swain as well.  We can never have enough nuff nuffs playing for Manly. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178261.msg194766#msg194766 date=1219913956]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178261.msg194762#msg194762 date=1219911614]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178261.msg194755#msg194755 date=1219904940]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178261.msg194746#msg194746 date=1219902695]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178261.msg194739#msg194739 date=1219899233]
F**k me some of you have an ability to whinge about every little move the club makes. Moan about having no depth when blokes like Morewood and co get a run and then moan about a good depth signing

Personally, would have rather kept Beaver for a year, but guess Rodney won't be on much next season anyway

The Melbourne were not after him point is just silly, they weren't after Josh Perry, Glenn Hall, David Williams or Heath L'Estrange either

We are Australian's we like to whinge.  hehehehe ;D
[/quote]

LOL, you would have a hard time beating most Kiwis
[/quote]

KE I assure you that Australian rugby supporters don't whinge any more now that they have the best rugby coach in New Zealand in charge of our national side.

We cannot thank you kiwi's enough for letting us have him for a few years.     ;D
[/quote]

Gotta be honest, i am not one of the mob outraged that he is gone, which is not making me popular in my home town :D Personally i find his style of coaching the past few years boring, used to watch the Crusaders every week but this season they bored me to tears. I don't mind Henry's style tbh
[/quote]

Compared to the rubbish that Connelly and Jones served up previously he is a breath of fresh air.  You only want a coach for one reason and that is to win and he has a great record with the Crusaders. 

You know that your comments will come back to haunt you if we win the bledisloe and the next world cup with Deans as coach.

I still can't work out why you guys sacked Mitchell as I reckon that his kiwi team had the best style of attacking play of all the recent coaches.
[/quote]

At the very top level of sport, i hold the players more accountable to the coaches. Henry and Deans are both top coaches with great records over the years

Until you have been over here you wouldn't beleive what it is like, the media froce so many opinions forward that the public swallow up, that they have controlled things in the past. The journos were not getting what they wanted in Mitchells press conferences, so they got the knives out and spent 7 days a week destroying his reputation, and the results didn't matter, unless they favoured them like the WC loss. He should never have gone
They did the same to Henry pre and post WC, but the NZRU made the ballsy move, upset them all, and kept Henry

The system always works the same, they whip up a frenzy promoting the applying coach as the next big thing, seen it happen with Smith, Mitchell and Henry, then 6 months later when something happens that they don't like they turn on them.
Deans was their hero, but i guarantee if he got the job all we would be hearing about now would be his Crusaders bias in the ABs

Garts link said:
I did not think Rodney had red hair, I thought that was Luke Swain.

You could be right, I might be confusing the two. Anyone got a picture of Mr Rodney ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4