Lowe got a major sponsor who are you guys going to whinge about now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sure, but when you consider the average first home loan in Sydney alone is $500k how would you justify spending $25 on going to a game. That is a fair whack of cash when you are paying $4000 a month on your mortgage for most people.

Also If you live in Tweed Heads, it's far from around the corner from brookie.

Or broken Hill, that is further from Sydney that I am!

You have to be reasonable in that not everyone has the free cash or time to attend, nor the inclination, does that make them any less of a fan, or in anyway make their points less valid?

No of course not

I think we are talking about 2 different things.
But on the point of paying 25 bucks for a ticket. Is that really that much whenn you consider the price of a premier league ticket in England. I'm sure i'll open up a new can of worms but just curious to see what people think.
I'm not agrueing the point I'm just interested.

tractorboy link said:
I think we are talking about 2 different things.
But on the point of paying 25 bucks for a ticket. Is that really that much whenn you consider the price of a premier league ticket in England. I'm sure i'll open up a new can of worms but just curious to see what people think.
I'm not agrueing the point I'm just interested.

Thats not comparing apples and apples mate.

I wont go into how much I earn, but it covers us living comfortably with the mortgage, however that is living in a regional town.

$25 is someones lunch for the week, someones bus or train fair for the week etc. Do you have a mortgage, and are you the sole provider of your family, every dollar you spend really does count

Dan link said:
[quote author=tractorboy link=topic=186501.msg318903#msg318903 date=1298952899]
$25 is someones lunch for the week, someones bus or train fair for the week etc.

C'mon Dan, for Silvertails, $25 is just one entree!

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186501.msg318908#msg318908 date=1298953750]
[quote author=tractorboy link=topic=186501.msg318903#msg318903 date=1298952899]
$25 is someones lunch for the week, someones bus or train fair for the week etc.

C'mon Dan, for Silvertails, $25 is just one entree!
[/quote]

Happy for anyone to convince my wife that it's money I can spend :)

I had a season pass last year,and had to blow about 5 games..then it becomes non cost effective.This year I got a 3 game pass.I have to rely on my casual work to pay the bills,and some of that is call-ins.Am I less of a supporter because I can't get to the other games. (I live in the Central West NSW).I don't think so.If I get the chance,I'll be at more games,and maybe even some away games,but unfortunately my circumstances won't allow for much more this year.I don't believe the fact I can't be a regular at Manly leagues or brookie pub makes me any less of a supporter.The supporters that went to Leeds could say THEY were true supporters,because they paid out big $$ to watch Manly play the WCC,but they (me incl) are no better than any other Manly supporter!

For what it is worth.....

I used to live in Balgowlah (before the move to the vegas) andculd only get to a couple of games a year

Why?

My wife worked Saturdays, i worked crazy hours so the last thing i would do on the weekend is spend time away from my family. When my son is older i am sure we will go but it is not an option now

Also going to a game is not 25 bucks. Throw in a cold pie and a few warm beers and you are getting up to the 50 dollar mark

Does this make me any less of a supporter? No. Should i be "treated" differently (from an engagement point of view) Yes

Tractor you know more than most that clubs like Manu etc derive the majority of their income not from the ground but other areas including regional supporters.

I'm not sure how this turned into a who's the biggest supporter thread. That wasn't what I was getting at. And I'm very sorry if people thought thats what I thought.

I was simply asking those who can get to the games( and there are many who can) get to the games. My comments were not aimed at ones with families.

tractorboy link said:
I lived interstate for a very short period. But seeing as it was getting too expenisve to come back for games every week I moved back. That and living in Tassie wasn't that interesting.
  You revolve your life decisions around football? Sure you weren't born in Tasmania?

tractorboy link said:
I'm not sure how this turned into a who's the biggest supporter thread. That wasn't what I was getting at. And I'm very sorry if people thought thats what I thought.

I was simply asking those who can get to the games( and there are many who can) get to the games. My comments were not aimed at ones with families.

My 1st item of clothing was a manly jersey,nuff said

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tractorboy link=topic=186501.msg318853#msg318853 date=1298943714]

I lived interstate for a very short period. But seeing as it was getting too expenisve to come back for games every week I moved back. That and living in Tassie wasn't that interesting.
  You revolve your life decisions around football? Sure you weren't born in Tasmania?
[/quote]

While I'm able to live around sport then I try to work around it here say. Wouldn't say I make my life decisions around it but good a reason as any until the time when family etc comes into play.

It is just un-Manly to have a large mortgage when a smaller one would do and the left-over weekly income could go to purchasing a Sea-Eagles membership package.

Where is the loyalty? Decisions to buy lunches at work instead of being a cheapie and making them yourselves, having children and then clothing them in designer garb, having a fancy house and not doing without the $2000 coffee machine, whatever the excuse - it just doesn't cut it!

:p
Become a member and get to games whenever practicable is the answer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4