Lowe quitting ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wolfpack said:
He's put the club in an enviable situation now as others will have to pick up the slack left by his departure. Why did he continue on as CEO this season? Pretty stupid & has come at an awful time. Bad news all round.

That's interesting, i wonder if this will have any effect on negotiations with Des and Will ie: taking a longer time to sort out.

As for the bigger picture, i wish the best for Lowe and i hope he gets healthy and has a happy life.

He came in when the board was at war with each other, and now with a new look owner/board things are on the up for us. With opinions varied on his performance at least he gave it a go and tried his best.

Good luck to him

Will be interesting to see how the lynch mob go with the next CEO, will he be a messiah or another target

Daniel said:
Copa Eagle said:
If true who ever takes over needs to do what Lowe did, and that was re sign a few players off contract, especially the younger players, this is about all Lowe did. If there is to be a new CEO, he needs to offer alot more than what Lowe did. Wish Lowe all the best !

Lowe did nothing of the sort. Those players were all signed long before Lowe arrived at the club

So why did we have to put up with every 2nd topic last year being about how Foran was leaving us because Lowe couldn't sign him then ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Good luck to him

Will be interesting to see how the lynch mob go with the next CEO, will he be a messiah or another target

Daniel said:
Copa Eagle said:
If true who ever takes over needs to do what Lowe did, and that was re sign a few players off contract, especially the younger players, this is about all Lowe did. If there is to be a new CEO, he needs to offer alot more than what Lowe did. Wish Lowe all the best !

Lowe did nothing of the sort. Those players were all signed long before Lowe arrived at the club

So why did we have to put up with every 2nd topic last year being about how Foran was leaving us because Lowe couldn't sign him then ?

You kiwi's stick together don't you.

If you think that Lowe was put in place for his skill, experience and acumen then you are sadly mistaken. He didn't send the club under so I have to give him some credit there

eggson said:
Wolfpack said:
He's put the club in an enviable situation now as others will have to pick up the slack left by his departure. Why did he continue on as CEO this season? Pretty stupid & has come at an awful time. Bad news all round.

That's interesting, i wonder if this will have any effect on negotiations with Des and Will ie: taking a longer time to sort out.
Hardly likely. I expect a slew of good announcements about signings and sponsors within the next few months. It will amaze people around here what a capable CEO will achieve. Let's just hope there's not too much mess and disgruntled staff to clean up.

Daniel said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Good luck to him

Daniel said:
Copa Eagle said:

If you think that Lowe was put in place for his skill, experience and acumen then you are sadly mistaken. He didn't send the club under so I have to give him some credit there

Nothing like that mate, just credit where it's due

If it was indeed the case that all these guys were already signed, sealed and delivered, then why the outrage over Foran for month after month. And also the whole Matai saga

Kiwi Eagle said:
Daniel said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Good luck to him

Daniel said:
Copa Eagle said:

Nothing like that mate, just credit where it's due

If it was indeed the case that all these guys were already signed, sealed and delivered, then why the outrage over Foran for month after month. And also the whole Matai saga

Those two it is hard to debate were in his tenure though I think one of them was before he got there.

But there were quite a few that they held over until he started. I think however that the issue I have is the entire mockery about when he started and pretending he had something to do with all of those signatures.

The ideal CEO for Manly would be someone who has first and foremost a good business brain. 2nd a knowledge of football and especially the Manly club and third maybe someone who has had a lot of exposure to other sports CEO's/Administrators. One name comes screaming out. Bob Fulton. Imagine Bozo,Des,Tooves,Crusher running this place. What a great team that would be.

They need no knowledge of football, that criteria is simply useless.

What we need is someone with a proven track record in taking a company from being one place, and who has taken that company to a far better and stronger position.

Without that background then we are just wasting everyones time. We don't need a wishy washy puppet, we need someone with the balls to improve the business aspect of the club

Daniel said:

What we need is someone with a proven track record in taking a company from being one place, and who has taken that company to a far better and stronger position.

Without that background then we are just wasting everyones time. We don't need a wishy washy puppet, we need someone with the balls to improve the business aspect of the club

we need someome who is a people manager and can recruit and develop the right people in each position a few corperate links would be a bonus if it could help increase sponsorship.

Look at Greenberg, Mayer and Cullen they werent footballers and all have done a great job.

Cambo said:
Daniel said:

we need someome who is a people manager and can recruit and develop the right people in each position a few corperate links would be a bonus if it could help increase sponsorship.

Look at Greenberg, Mayer and Cullen they werent footballers and all have done a great job.

Brian Waldron?

Ryan said:
Looks like I'm renewing my membership this weekend.

your an immature little clown sometimes mate.

The way some of you go you would of thought it was Lowes fault Grant got the arse from the club.

There was no bigger fan of Grant Mayer than me and id love to see him back at manly.

But lowe has done his best and thats all you can ask, was he the right bloke for the job thats debatable but all he did was apply for a job and was successful in gaining the job and tried his best and now the bloke is sick some of you blokes wanna lay in the boot poor form.

Daniel said:
Cambo said:
Daniel said:

Brian Waldron?
not unless we are planning on hiring another book keeper and a get some storage at kenards warriewood for our second set of books :)

There's more to it Cambo mate....don't be so naive.
And I said I'm renewing my membership. That can't be a bad thing, can it?

Bailey gone, Lowe gone, T-Rex getting limited game time. Who will we blame now for the sky falling in....watch out Choc!

mosto said:
Bailey gone, Lowe gone, T-Rex getting limited game time. Who will we blame now for the sky falling in....watch out Choc!

the "injury prone paper players" like stewy and wolfie are now the ones being pasted by the whining bitches on here.

**** we would be 7-0 with 400+ for and against and there would be some rex hunt on here whinging.

I'll wear some of the blame if I have to. I am married now and therefore use to everything always being my fault

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2