Loyalty a 2 way street??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope Wolfy does have an option in his favour for 2013. Even when he's not playing for Manly, he's a great personality & has terrific marketing value for the club. He's a hit with the ladies, kids & men ;)

I hope Wolfy does have an option in his favour for 2013. Even when he's not playing for Manly, he's a great personality & has terrific marketing value for the club. He's a hit with the ladies, kids & men ;)

Sometimes it is how u treat players that are going through tough times will effect the rest of the playing crew eg George. Wolfy is the same. I'm sure the others would feel gutted if he was pushed out the door, although probably pointless comment as signed up for 2013 anyway.

Sometimes it is how u treat players that are going through tough times will effect the rest of the playing crew eg George. Wolfy is the same. I'm sure the others would feel gutted if he was pushed out the door, although probably pointless comment as signed up for 2013 anyway.

Ramrod said:
MK Eagle said:
The poor old Wolf cant take a trick.
Many including myself question loyalty in footy & in recent times have been pretty pi##ed off when its involved the Seaeagles.
Heres a quick question.
Dave Williams ala Wolfman may not be as legendary as Beaver Menzies or as vital as Watmough, but he is whole hearted & gives his all as much as any player over the past few years when available.
The problem - limited games due to injury - maybe a legacy of how hard he plays the game - the way the fans like him playing the game.
So where to if this injury is long term??
Does he get shunted off to make extra room in the cap for a replacement??
Or does he get support & backing from Manly when the chips are down, after giving his all for this club where he played his way from oblivion to Australian winger.
Sure to be different opinions, admittedly even risk, but personally hope there is loyalty shown to the Wolf who imo is a great player & a top character well respected amongst most rugby league fans.
So do you keep him at Manly, or move on without him.

I hear what you are saying and I agree with most of it.
With the salary cap (and just as well, otherwise a lot of clubs won't survive without it), there's only so much room for players on the field.

You can't deny Manly hasn't been loyal to a bloke who has played only 65 games in 5 years.

I'm a fan of the Wolfman and I think he's an awesome player.
However, I think he should take a year off and work in the front office as a media person for Manly (training with the boys to maintain fitness).
This way, ...
1. He'll still have an income.
2. He's still with the club.
3. His body may get better with rest.
4. Manly gains a good PR man.
5. Possible career opportunity after football.

Anyway, just an idea. Still like having him around in some form.

Great "outside the box" thinking Ramrod, but I doubt the NRL would let us get away with that outside the salary cap. Maybe it would work if we were the Broncos or the Bulldogs.

Ramrod said:
MK Eagle said:
The poor old Wolf cant take a trick.
Many including myself question loyalty in footy & in recent times have been pretty pi##ed off when its involved the Seaeagles.
Heres a quick question.
Dave Williams ala Wolfman may not be as legendary as Beaver Menzies or as vital as Watmough, but he is whole hearted & gives his all as much as any player over the past few years when available.
The problem - limited games due to injury - maybe a legacy of how hard he plays the game - the way the fans like him playing the game.
So where to if this injury is long term??
Does he get shunted off to make extra room in the cap for a replacement??
Or does he get support & backing from Manly when the chips are down, after giving his all for this club where he played his way from oblivion to Australian winger.
Sure to be different opinions, admittedly even risk, but personally hope there is loyalty shown to the Wolf who imo is a great player & a top character well respected amongst most rugby league fans.
So do you keep him at Manly, or move on without him.

I hear what you are saying and I agree with most of it.
With the salary cap (and just as well, otherwise a lot of clubs won't survive without it), there's only so much room for players on the field.

You can't deny Manly hasn't been loyal to a bloke who has played only 65 games in 5 years.

I'm a fan of the Wolfman and I think he's an awesome player.
However, I think he should take a year off and work in the front office as a media person for Manly (training with the boys to maintain fitness).
This way, ...
1. He'll still have an income.
2. He's still with the club.
3. His body may get better with rest.
4. Manly gains a good PR man.
5. Possible career opportunity after football.

Anyway, just an idea. Still like having him around in some form.

Great "outside the box" thinking Ramrod, but I doubt the NRL would let us get away with that outside the salary cap. Maybe it would work if we were the Broncos or the Bulldogs.

Check wolfman's contribution in the last bronco's game - wow
http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/MatchCentre/tabid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=2489&tab=Video

Check wolfman's contribution in the last bronco's game - wow
http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/MatchCentre/tabid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=2489&tab=Video

He came back from a broken neck, a hell of a lot of players have an ACL and make successful returns, Kyle Stanley is only 21 and he's just had his third.
He has an option for next year and if he displays the same form as always there is no reason why he won't be re-signed again, maybe on a year to year basis.

He came back from a broken neck, a hell of a lot of players have an ACL and make successful returns, Kyle Stanley is only 21 and he's just had his third.
He has an option for next year and if he displays the same form as always there is no reason why he won't be re-signed again, maybe on a year to year basis.

I would suggest there are a number of players with different appeals dependent on the segment i.e. DCE appeal to kids etc

I would suggest there are a number of players with different appeals dependent on the segment i.e. DCE appeal to kids etc

Crusher_Cleal said:
Wolfy is perhaps our most marketable player ever?

Yes. Surely he could be employed in an off-field role for 2013 which wouldn't impact on the salary cap. PR, front man, doing interviews, designing special jerseys, hosting member events etc.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Wolfy is perhaps our most marketable player ever?

Yes. Surely he could be employed in an off-field role for 2013 which wouldn't impact on the salary cap. PR, front man, doing interviews, designing special jerseys, hosting member events etc.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4