• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One week suspension! For that ugly spear tackle, I'd expect more.
But he took his mate, Ferris, to the Match Report with him.

For mine, Ferris had little to do with the ugliness of that tackle. It was all Lussick's doing.
Maybe a week off will let him cool his heels a little and give another/ better forward a go.

Has anyone learnt a lesson from the way T-Rex was treated on here?

Heart not in it....not a first grader...i could go on

Had the kid even played 10 first grade games? Yes he is not playing that well, he might need a break but to write him off is very tough

lsz said:

Had the kid even played 10 first grade games? Yes he is not playing that well, he might need a break but to write him off is very tough

spot on Isz

lsz said:

Agreed. I recall posts saying DCE would not make it in first grade after his first or second game last year! Similar posts are appearing now in relation to Tooves as coach.

As smart as we all are, there is a reason why us mere mortals who post on here aren't running the team.

The bloke is 22 years old playing in the engine room! The only reason he's up front is because George is in the fat squad and Joe G isn't totally fit. **** me he's only played 14 games.

The guy has massive potential.

He is inexperienced and I must admit he frustrates me too. But so did T-Rex when he would pull up as he got to the defence. The guy just needs some guidance. And I agree with what has been said so far. He is being forced to play an unnatural role.

We need to give the guy some time.

He has had some rubbish in his game but he will settle down towards the end of the season when his future is sorted.

If that's at Parra or the Roosters then that's okay because we can't pay overs for him.

But if he stays and does his apprenticeship with Manly then he will turn into a good front rower.

At the moment the kid has all the athletic ability you could ask and as a bonus is a genuine footballer not just an athlete.

He is in the engine room because he is tough, likes the confrontation and we have a plethora of back rowers.

Once he gets more familiar with first grade football - and a couple of weeks out might do him good with a bit of reflective time- and realises that not every game is going to be like the battle of Brookvale he will provide valuable spark.

I can't believe how many doom sayers are a part of this site - It's only round eight and there's some pretty good cattle to come back into this squad.

I agree he has potential but he has not impressed me in 2012. He should be able to hold the ball at least. If your performance isn't up to standard you go back to basics and get them right. Tackle hard and run the ball hard, don't go for miricle passes and try to win the game with one play, that's Jamie's job.

Frank said:
Calling and hoping for one of our own players to be suspended - that's low.

Is it low to hope he stays out of form while he is negotiating his new contract in the hope that his asking price will drop so we will be able to afford to keep him....?

mickqld said:
I'm actually hoping that the judiciary suspend Lussick I am that pissed off with seeing him picked every week on ****e form.

When I heard it was Lussick on the wireless I instantly thought "Oh thank God, he will be suspended"... the guy is a lose cannon.
I admit I am not the most technical forum poster but I cannot and have never seen much potential in him.
He need to be dropped weeks ago.

1947 said:
mickqld said:
I'm actually hoping that the judiciary suspend Lussick I am that pissed off with seeing him picked every week on ****e form.

When I heard it was Lussick on the wireless I instantly thought "Oh thank God, he will be suspended"... the guy is a lose cannon.
I admit I am not the most technical forum poster but I cannot and have never seen much potential in him.
He need to be dropped weeks ago.

Rewind the tape and his last 3 or so games before the Battle of Brookvale. He was outstanding in those games. Hasn't happened for him so far this year but he still has a tonne of potential. IMO he is in the same trap that alot of other young forwards fall into, they are so concerned about being an intimidator or not being intimidated that they forget about the little things, which can lead to errors.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
lsz said:

spot on Isz

110% agree. The flak I used to hear for the first 2 seasons when T Rex was on the wing, sluggish, poor handling, ineffective. But there was something there that Des knew and he persisited and used it as an opportunity to blood him into first grade. He always looked out of place and was a natural to get into the forwards and be the impact player.

Give Lussick a bit more time I reckon. Right now, we've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain for the seasons ahead.

I must be one of the only people who think Lussick is not going as bad as people are saying. Sure he is not tearing it up but he has not been as bad as everyone is making out. And he is only young, the potential is there. I am almost alone here but I hope we re-sign him.

I've got no issues or anything against him having potential! It's just that potential doesn't win games - he needs to be dropped till he gets his hands in order.

Just like T-Rex needed to be moved to his right position.

Garts said:
I must be one of the only people who think Lussick is not going as bad as people are saying. Sure he is not tearing it up but he has not been as bad as everyone is making out. And he is only young, the potential is there. I am almost alone here but I hope we re-sign him.
Im with you 100%

He is not going nearly as bad as people make out!

But hey, Oldfield aint in first grade anymore and the masses demand a whipping boy!

I bet if he was not off contract and negotiating with other clubs the knives would not be as sharp. He is definately better than Mauro and co.

Stevo said:
The bloke is 22 years old playing in the engine room! The only reason he's up front is because George is in the fat squad and Joe G isn't totally fit. f**k me he's only played 14 games.

He reminds me alot of you,a grubby bogan

We have front-rowers on 3 or 4 times the money of Lussick who aren't performing that well at the moment....Whilst I admit his form is down, he's certainly not Robinson Crusoe.

Garts said:
I bet if he was not off contract and negotiating with other clubs the knives would not be as sharp. He is definately better than Mauro and co.

Id have Vic before Lussick right now, Vic rarely spills the pill or gives away a penalty, lussick you can put the house on it every game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6