Lyon backs out of NSW return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mybludog said:
Spot on Jono.

I've been saying the same thing for years.

Most fans in NSW don't give a rats about SOO. That's one of the reasons we struggle to fill ANZ

Could also be that ANZ holds 25,000 more than Suncorp?

I think one of the main problems lies in the fact that NSW supporters hate all the other NSW clubs, rivalries that have been around for longer than most of the fans. Fans get fired up when players from rival teams are picked in front of their own (look at all the whinging from Tigpies fans over the last few years). On the other hand Brisbane, GC and NQ fans are one big happy family and they put their state before their clubs (which have all only been around for very short periods in the scheme of things). SOO is older than any of the QLD clubs so they put it first in their list of priorities. Also, QLD have a complex and like younger siblings, they set out to prove that they are better than NSW (and Vic to a lesser degree) in any way they can.

That's the difference between NSW and QLD. Gene Miles would chomp at the bit to play game 2 if they rang hima nd said he was needed. NSW can't even get current players interested.

It matters more to Queensland, and bless them for being so voracious about it. It's a shame for them there is so little else going for their backward little enclave, save for the much spruiked about weather.

blitzkrieg said:
Rayreyray said:
blitzkrieg said:
Rayreyray said:
torana355 said:
NSW are meant to be building for the future anyway so it works for Jamie and the Blues imo.

My exact thoughts or opinion too. It wouldn't benefit anyone for him to play under the circumstances

Benefit anyone??!! I'm sure it would benefit NSW!!

Not if his hearts not in it Blitkrieg..

True Ray, didn't think of that as I'm a Qlder and we all want to play Origin all the time!!
However they way the Blues players have been treated over the years with blame, getting dropped, and then reselected you probably think - is it worth it? Best of both worlds for me - no Lyon for Blues and him playing for us (Manly!)

Unless you are Shane Webcke ;)

mickqld said:
Idris should have been there for game one although I'd prefer Gasnier out rather than Jennings cause I think Jennings has just come back into form and is the future NSW center so too is Idris. Glad Morris is out so they can rightfully bring in Hayne. Watmough must be picked starting backrower. Bird,Choc,Gallen what a backrow that would be if Stuart has any balls that is what should be NSW backrow. Front row should be Weyman,Gidley,Hunt. Snowden, Mannah, Scott, Creagh on the bench.

Yea jennings was the man, he looked pretty dangerous when he had the ball and was a bit of a handful from what i saw. I have met Jamie lyon and he is a pretty wise bloke and i respect his decision.I have said it before and ill say it again there is plenty of people to choose from and if the nsw camp cant find anyone then they should replace themselves.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6