Lyon hoping to extend career with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No point moving him on if we have no options to replace him. Obviously we do not sign him at massive $ though. I also have been hearing on and off for years that he is fat and slow from various people on here. I am sure if he strings a few good games together people will be crying we have not signed him soon enough.

as many have acknowledged on other threads .... this year good ball has not been getting to the outside backs .... when it starts to killer will perform as the star he IS

I'm sure I read not that long ago that Jamie was also keen to still be a part of the club after he hangs up his boots.
Given all the bad press about honour and loyalty he copped when he pulled the pin on Parramatta (and which he has expressed regret for how it went down), he has impressed me in how he found in the Sea Eagles the right place for him and has proved to all and sundry over our recent tumultuous past that there would be few players running around today who could compare to him in the loyalty stakes.
He has been a stalwart of our club, and I think it would be great for him to continue to contribute for us on the field through this rebuild until his retirement, and then to keep someone of his character in the club in some capacity to mentor the youngsters coming through (in the maroon and white way).

No point moving him on if we have no options to replace him. Obviously we do not sign him at massive $ though. I also have been hearing on and off for years that he is fat and slow from various people on here. I am sure if he strings a few good games together people will be crying we have not signed him soon enough.
Have you forgotten we have Williame waiting in the wings? @;)

I had him as man of the match two weeks ago against the Roosters. He is worth keeping for another year. I still think he is a very important thread in the fabric of our culture and he strikes me as the kind of person that would know within himself whether he is up to it or not. If he thinks he has another year in him, then I think so too.

The problem we are going to have though is that we're likely to lose Killer, Snake and Skivy pretty much at the same time.

We have a ready made replacement for Snake with young Tommy. But who do we have as centres and a winger when Tom moves to FB and we lose Killer and Skivy? Right now we have.....Green, Wiliame and....?

Unless we're planning to use the money that we save from them to buy a couple of quality centres. I don't think the club has any plans to shift Walker from 5/8 so we'll be on the lookout for 3 outside backs.

I had him as man of the match two weeks ago against the Roosters. He is worth keeping for another year. I still think he is a very important thread in the fabric of our culture and he strikes me as the kind of person that would know within himself whether he is up to it or not. If he thinks he has another year in him, then I think so too.

well, much as I love Jamie, and he has been our heart and soul over the last 10 years, it is sad to hear him implying, so early in the piece, that he doesn't see a Premiership ring on his finger this year.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7