M Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Reserve Grader
A forgotten man on this forum, but will be a key player for us in 2018.

He impressed me during World Cup when he smashed three bigger players in a row (against Tonga I think).. He's quicker than apparent this year (slowed by leg injury).

Not suggesting he's a world beater, but a tougher/classier depth player than most. At full fitness, I have him ahead of Kelly/Parker as Walker's centre partner.

Wouldn't be averse to Tom at 6, M Wright at 1 during an halves injury crisis.

If he is in the right place at the right time , he could right fully give the club the right direction . [ Hang on i better right myself here ]

I hope he doesn't get a game all year .... but if he does, he will continue to do a professional and competent job, whether it is fullback, wing, centre or 5/8.

A good player to have in a squad of 30.

I thought we needed 30 superstars or our squad is ****, we can't attract talent, and will finish bottom 4 every year.

I said it at the end of 2016 and I said it at the end of this year. Matt Wright is a solid, serviceable player. He's good to have as a back up in case of injury or unavailability because of something like Origin.....but we don't want to have to rely on him being a regular starter.

I like Matty Wright, he gives his all when he's out on the field and you really can't ask for more than that from a player. But we do have better options to be regulars in the starting side.

I thought we needed 30 superstars or our squad is ****, we can't attract talent, and will finish bottom 4 every year.

You just can't make some people happy ... considering that when we purchased M. Wright we still expected Snake and Matai to be playing ... he was always seen as only a depth signing.

As it turned out with those two being out and injuries he got a lot more game time than anticipated ... and was solid. I can only remember one bad game, and I think he was struggling a bit with injuries.

For what he is ... an understudy ... he is a good one.

Decent finisher thats it goalkicking average, slow defender so on.
I seen difference when jorge was out metres out of trouble was halfed. Which put more pressure on forwards.
He a back up nothing more

Good depth, great depth for fullback as seen this season

He is good at the back as we have seen to slow for the wing . Uate and jorge have the wing positions sewn up and cannot see him in the centres . Tom to the centres and wright to fullback would be the only option but cant see trent moving tommy as he is lethal from 1 . Dont really see him coming off the bench as he will lack impact as a sub and take away the position for someone to offer more from that role . Only saving grace will be a fill in to start the season if Walks isn't ready to go and drop back to regies upon his return . But we need him as backup .

From observation this is what I think our current pecking order is per backline position.....some players appear more than once.

Fullback - Tom Trbojevic, Matt Wright, Tom Wright, Jackson Hastings, Dylan Walker

Wing - Jorge Taufua, Akuila Uate, Matt Wright, Brad Barker, Tom Wright

Centre - Dylan Walker, Brian Kelly, Tom Trbojevic, Akuila Uate, Lewis Brown, Matt Wright, Brad Parker, Tom Wright

Five-eight - Jackson Hastings, Lachlan Croker, Dylan Walker, Tom Wright

Halfback - Daly Cherry-Evans, Jackson Hastings, Lacklan Croker

From observation this is what I think our current pecking order is per backline position.....some players appear more than once.

Fullback - Tom Trbojevic, Matt Wright, Tom Wright, Jackson Hastings, Dylan Walker, Viliami Kaveinga

Wing - Jorge Taufua, Akuila Uate, Matt Wright, Brad Barker, Tom Wright, Peter Shuster

Centre - Dylan Walker, Brian Kelly, Tom Trbojevic, Akuila Uate, Lewis Brown, Matt Wright, Brad Parker, Tom Wright - Tevita Funa

Five-eight - Jackson Hastings, Lachlan Croker, Dylan Walker, Tom Wright

Halfback - Daly Cherry-Evans, Jackson Hastings, Lacklan Croker, Manase Fanu, Cade Cust

added a few in blue that I think are also in the running (30)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8