Major Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bookmaker puts $2m on Broncos
Chris Barrett
February 17, 2011
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bookmaker-puts-2m-on-broncos-20110216-1awm3.html

THE Broncos landed another blow in the Battle for Brisbane yesterday, announcing a $2 million sponsorship alliance with corporate bookmaker Sportingbet just days after a rival agency signed on as the major backer of the consortium bidding for a second team in the city.

The Broncos' deal is being promoted as the most lucrative yet in a summer marked by a succession of agreements between NRL clubs and gambling companies. At a value understood to be $2 million over three years, the sponsorship is worth more than Penrith's stadium-rights agreement with Centrebet, the first of its kind in Australian sport.

Sportingbet's upgraded link with the Broncos gives them brand space on the top back panel of the players' jumpers, proof Brisbane have lost little of their marketplace dominance.

Advertisement: Story continues below
It also pitches the budding rivalry between the Broncos and a potential second NRL club in the city as a parallel battle of bookmakers.

The bid team campaigning for the inclusion of another Brisbane side will hold its launch at Suncorp Stadium on Monday. Run by prominent Thoroughbreds member Craig Davison, it will announce several partnerships with corporate heavy-weights. Centrebet is one of them and has ambitions beyond sponsorship, aiming to be a part-owner of a new Brisbane team.

The company's media director, Neil Evans, said he was not surprised by the Broncos' move.

''[They] would be very protective of their ground and maybe just a little bit paranoid as well,'' he said. ''If there's a challenge on I welcome it.''

From Blindside in tomorrow's Manly Daily:

THE Sea Eagles’ search for a major sponsor is over, with a formal announcement expected within the next 10 days.

Media manager Peter Peters confirmed there have been talks with a prominent business for a ‘‘few weeks.”

‘‘We are delighted to have secured a sponsor and look forward to working closely together in promoting the Manly brand this year,’’ he said.

Des Hasler’s men take on the Melbourne Storm in their season opener on March 12 at AAMI Park.

lets hope their logo is a nice fitting on on the front of both versions of the jersey, nothing worse than a sponsor logo that looks odd / smacked straight over. i like the ones that fit inline with the jersey, so much more professional.

mypic93.jpg

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Phantar link=topic=186433.msg316599#msg316599 date=1298020400]
We are delighted to have secured a sponsor

Sounds like a done deal.

So whos up for congratulating those who made this happen ?
[/quote]
I can just see it now:

"Well done Lowie, you're a legend.  I love you ... Matabele"

Well one for Lowey good stuff, credit where credir is due - I say this pending annoucement will be a great relief for the club and also us fans.

All Lowey has to achieve now is upgrading Brookie and winning a premiership.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Phantar link=topic=186433.msg316599#msg316599 date=1298020400]
We are delighted to have secured a sponsor
Sounds like a done deal.

So whos up for congratulating those who made this happen ?
[/quote]
There will be whinging about how much more money they "should" have secured, rather than congratulations

Adam link said:

mypic93.jpg

Are we taking bets on who the new sponsor is?  Surely not Donut King we wont get George on the field thru the gate

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2