Major Sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
The prophet only appears when the clouds are the darkest. Then from the rock does he deliver the sermon. :)

The doom and gloom prophet is fairly mistaken imo,golden age incoming

Matabele link said:
Swoop's been grinding his axe for years.  Has been wrong all that time too, poor fellow.

For years? lol. It's the pot calling the kettle black.

What a joke Lowe can't get a sponsor in sydney selling the Number 1 sport in NSW yet these jokers with know start can get huge coin.Makes you wonder http://www.smh.com.au/business/afls-newest-team-aims-for-the-top-before-it-plays-a-game-20101111-17pdv.html

Fro link said:
you are both pig headed, only problem is, ones a w****r to go with it :)

I don't think mata's a wanker, I disagree with a lot of stuff he posts. Not all of them.:)

I wonder who is in charge of this at the club, and why we are not fishing for bigger businesses, why URM, or Quantum etc, why not Google, or Windows Phone 7, or OfficeWorks, or Kmart or Woolworths, why not Sydney Airport or Billabong, Commonwealth Bank or Samsung.

I know we can't clash with any major NRL sponsorship but there is no reason we should not be approaching these big big businesses and seeing what we can get. Surely 1mil is a small price to pay for some of these companies.

Joe Kramer link said:
What a joke Lowe can't get a sponsor in sydney selling the Number 1 sport in NSW yet these jokers with know start can get huge coin.Makes you wonder http://www.smh.com.au/business/afls-newest-team-aims-for-the-top-before-it-plays-a-game-20101111-17pdv.html

Look whos the CEO there,just sayin

Joe Kramer link said:
Maybe Lowey can get Taxi's Combined, I hear he has experience as a driver

I hope he has kept his license up to date so he has something to fall back on (soon)

Frogz link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185878.msg305712#msg305712 date=1289531600]
Maybe Lowey can get Taxi's Combined, I hear he has experience as a driver

I hope he has kept his license up to date so he has something to fall back on (soon)
[/quote] We can only hope infact I'll pay to renew it

Has our club ever not had a major sponsor? I guess when we had Delmege that was because he came to the rescue when we couldn't get anyone else. The Sea Eagles are a famous brand, I'm confident we'll be sponsored, is there a reason so many people are so pessimistic about this?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Has our club ever not had a major sponsor? I guess when we had Delmege that was because he came to the rescue when we couldn't get anyone else. The Sea Eagles are a famous brand, I'm confident we'll be sponsored, is there a reason so many people are so pessimistic about this?

Because our last major sponser was Quantum, a smallish company, before that we had Delmege for a couple of years. So its been 3 years since we have really had a big name sponser. Not that I am pessimistic, just wondering why something hasn't come together yet, really the Sea Eagles are a fairly attractive brand, esp without any legal issues floating around.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
I hope something comes up, the only reason I have doubts is the chief exec keeps asking us fans to find a sponsor. I agree about the small companies, I think it was laughable that we won the comp and the best sponsor we could come up with was quantum, a company I had never heard of and they couldn't wait to stop sponsoring us, I think Mayer deserves a kick in the ass for that when you win a comp it is time to sign up a multi national surely. Quantam I thought it was that joke sponsor the northen eagles had what was it QALA ?

Bradford Bulls recently ran a promotion where any sponsor over $1000 was place into a draw (I'd imagine the more thousands over the more chances to win a chances to be the major sponsor for that game).

Could have looked at that? 

From the Blindside column in today's Manly Daily:

Eagles need sponsor
STILL on those all important sponsors, the Sea Eagles are still negotiating to find a major backer for the 2011 NRL season.

The club is deep in talks with several interested parties, but nothing is secured yet for the year ahead.

It appears they may just head into the new year without a major sponsor, which would be a shame for the strongly supported club.

ManlyBacker link said:
From the Blindside column in today's Manly Daily:

Eagles need sponsor
STILL on those all important sponsors, the Sea Eagles are still negotiating to find a major backer for the 2011 NRL season.

The club is deep in talks with several interested parties, but nothing is secured yet for the year ahead.

It appears they may just head into the new year without a major sponsor, which would be a shame for the strongly supported club.

Whilst it is f**king disgusting that a product so popular cannot be backed for the first time, it is not unexpected, as I warned you this would happen 18 months ago.

I told you that we needed a BUSINESS person who could sell bibles in brothels in the chair - not a mediator - as that just shows a lack of priorities in this club.

Now, they can reap what they have sewn. Woeful ! I guess they'll roll out the old Delmege or Penn Health jerseys to hide the fact that our CEO is unable to attain corporate partners.

Now, these situations are affecting us ON the field, with little to no funds to attract players to improve our squad.

I repeat, you were warned, and I also recall copping hell for it. I am yet to see ANY value add to the business Lowe has brought. For the record, there is a glut of gold and silver sponsors that have pulled their partnership as well.

Like I say - less focus on the maori show "The Club", and more on the job at hand, and we wouldn't be in this financial and business mess.

Noting the article linked above, GWS is aiming high in sponsorship it seems. As announced in October last year, their staff now includes this bloke …

"Grant Mayer signs on with Western Sydney AFL
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...016169,00.html

THE AFL has escalated its raid on rugby league ranks with the dramatic poaching of one of the game's top administrators - former Manly premiership-winning chief executive Grant Mayer.
Mayer is the first senior manager appointed to the AFL's new $200 million western Sydney franchise.
Mayer rejected interest from the Queensland Reds (Super 14) and the North Queensland Fury (A-League) to oversee all finances for the western Sydney club, including sponsorship, marketing and merchandise. … "

Brings to mind things like this, from June 18 2009:

(http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/i-was-driven-out-grant-mayer/story-e6frfgbo-1225736924820)
"Mayer took Manly from a $9 million business in 2006 to a $12.5 million business today, despite cuts in Leagues Club funding. He was under contract until the end of this season.
Asked whether he disliked Delmege, he said: "I don't dislike anybody . . . this is not personal.
"I always treated my job as a business. Merchandise has tripled and membership has tripled. And in terms of sponsorship dollars, Manly is rated No. 2 in the difficult Sydney market.
"I take great pride in that."
Manly coach Des Hasler, who was a staunch supporter of Mayer, was upset last night at the news.
He said: "Grant is a very good CEO. He has done a tremendous job.
"It is a real shame he has resigned. I'm disappointed he's going. He has runs on the board (with) premiership success and sponsorship."

I have nothing against Lowe and I also don't consider him to have failed in any area (yet) but he is clearly a stop-gap and if the club power-brokers are not using this time with Lowe at the helm to scout far and wide for his successor – well, they just have to be. And I've no reason to think they aren't. 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Noting the article linked above, GWS is aiming high in sponsorship it seems. As announced in October last year, their staff now includes this bloke …

\"Grant Mayer signs on with Western Sydney AFL
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...016169,00.html

THE AFL has escalated its raid on rugby league ranks with the dramatic poaching of one of the game's top administrators - former Manly premiership-winning chief executive Grant Mayer.
Mayer is the first senior manager appointed to the AFL's new $200 million western Sydney franchise.
Mayer rejected interest from the Queensland Reds (Super 14) and the North Queensland Fury (A-League) to oversee all finances for the western Sydney club, including sponsorship, marketing and merchandise. … \"

Brings to mind things like this, from June 18 2009:

(http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/i-was-driven-out-grant-mayer/story-e6frfgbo-1225736924820)
\"Mayer took Manly from a $9 million business in 2006 to a $12.5 million business today, despite cuts in Leagues Club funding. He was under contract until the end of this season.
Asked whether he disliked Delmege, he said: \"I don't dislike anybody . . . this is not personal.
\"I always treated my job as a business. Merchandise has tripled and membership has tripled. And in terms of sponsorship dollars, Manly is rated No. 2 in the difficult Sydney market.
\"I take great pride in that.\"
Manly coach Des Hasler, who was a staunch supporter of Mayer, was upset last night at the news.
He said: \"Grant is a very good CEO. He has done a tremendous job.
\"It is a real shame he has resigned. I'm disappointed he's going. He has runs on the board (with) premiership success and sponsorship.\"

I have nothing against Lowe and I also don't consider him to have failed in any area (yet) but he is clearly a stop-gap and if the club power-brokers are not using this time with Lowe at the helm to scout far and wide for his successor – well, they just have to be. And I've no reason to think they aren't.  

WTF? WE DON'T HAVE A MAJOR SPONSOR, AND THE WORDS WERE MAY NOT HAVE ONE TO START THE WHOLE SEASON. Ser8, that's a fail of epic proportions.

And you talk to anyone in or around the club who will be honest ,(Ernie for example.) and they'll tell you we can't spend the cap, because we lack the $$$ to do so.

Therefore, he's diluting our ON field performance as well.

Lowe is sinking us, and sinking us fast...and that's what those who elected him get.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6