Major Sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shane link said:
Our Jersey sponsor should not just look at the future,but look at the past as well,Pepsi obviously,P&0 and a few others spring to mind,MB Personal Training anyone? :p

Hell we could even go with Myers,might as well have a fancy brand name on the silvertails,while i thank them for the limited support who the hell is Quantum? Can we not have sponsors who are more financially viable? URM would be a bad look but hey,our team could take the waste of space that other teams are off the field

If URM want to put 400k in Manlys pockets I would support that

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185878.msg305883#msg305883 date=1289651142]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=185878.msg305850#msg305850 date=1289616966]
Penn and Delmege have only themselves to blame. Their petty catfight played out in the media during 2009 set the club back an immeasurable amount. Instead of building a fan base and a solid sponsorship list on the back of our 2008 premiership and WCC win, we looked like a shambles as the two owners carried on like school kids. Instead of looking like a professional and successful business enterprise, we ended up looking like amateur hour. What sponsor in their right mind would want to be associated with that ?

Now Lowe may not be in the running for CEO of the year, but if he was brought in to specifically settle the waters and get everyone heading in the right direction, then I have no problem with that. We were going to self destruct if Penn and Delmege kept carrying on like they were, so we wouldn't even have had a team to worry about getting sponsors for. Fair enough in my book if we have to suck it up for another year to get ourselves back on track and sort the ownership issue out.

Like I said the biggest crime here is the devastating loss of opportunity that was just pi$$ed away in 2009. That is hardly Graham Lowes fault.
  Maybe Delmege should have paid his share of the bills in the summer of 08/09 and none of this would have happened hey?
[/quote]

I just wonder if he had the capacity?
Oh, and that 9 mill house of his was in the paper for 7 today.
Interesting times, eh.
[/quote]
Penn might offer 6?  ;D  No that would be too cheeky.

Ant80 link said:
I'd love to see Manly do what Bradford are doing (even though they have kept the major sponsor). They get all of the Sponsors over a set amount put them into a draw and the winner get's to be major sponsor for a day.

While some people might not like Joe Blogg's Plumbing Services proud sponsor of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles it could possibly generate more sponsorship for the club in the future with other small companies jumping on board and who knows maybe a big one.

That's probably not a bad idea.Say LJ Hooker put in 50K as a small sponsor,you can rest assured that Ray White or one of the others would look at trying to better them.The same might go for any business where there are multiple big time players.
I wonder if Penn ante'd up for the day,would Max try to better them?

Matabele link said:
Maybe Delmege should have paid his share of the bills in the summer of 08/09 and none of this would have happened hey?

Ryan link said:
Interesting times, eh.

I'm not privvy to the internal machinations of who owed what. We all know your position in the Penn / Delmege debate Mata and you may be right, but regardless of that in my humble opinion they are both as equally to blame for the debacle of 2009.

Ryan, perhaps if Max is struggling a bit in the current climate then it might force his hand and it may resolve the issue of having two owners who don't see eye to eye. It would be a sad way to solve the problem as I think we as Manly fans owe Max a big debt for his helping hand.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185878.msg305883#msg305883 date=1289651142]

Ryan link said:
Interesting times, eh.

I'm not privvy to the internal machinations of who owed what. We all know your position in the Penn / Delmege debate Mata and you may be right, but regardless of that in my humble opinion they are both as equally to blame for the debacle of 2009.

Ryan, perhaps if Max is struggling a bit in the current climate then it might force his hand and it may resolve the issue of having two owners who don't see eye to eye. It would be a sad way to solve the problem as I think we as Manly fans owe Max a big debt for his helping hand.

[/quote]

As much as it would save the club, ego's would get in the way. I don't care if Max OR Scott owns us, but ONE needs to, so we can move forward.

I'd just prefer a financially viable person, and this talk in the media about Max being bust with the ATO, creditors & court cases isn't really giving me confidence in him.

He's the Graham Lowe of Owners.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=185878.msg305850#msg305850 date=1289616966]
Penn and Delmege have only themselves to blame. Their petty catfight played out in the media during 2009 set the club back an immeasurable amount. Instead of building a fan base and a solid sponsorship list on the back of our 2008 premiership and WCC win, we looked like a shambles as the two owners carried on like school kids. Instead of looking like a professional and successful business enterprise, we ended up looking like amateur hour. What sponsor in their right mind would want to be associated with that ?

Now Lowe may not be in the running for CEO of the year, but if he was brought in to specifically settle the waters and get everyone heading in the right direction, then I have no problem with that. We were going to self destruct if Penn and Delmege kept carrying on like they were, so we wouldn't even have had a team to worry about getting sponsors for. Fair enough in my book if we have to suck it up for another year to get ourselves back on track and sort the ownership issue out.

Like I said the biggest crime here is the devastating loss of opportunity that was just pi$$ed away in 2009. That is hardly Graham Lowes fault.
[/quote]why should delmege have paid that????  after all, penn comes into the scene when delemege has spent 15 mill got us players & then penn comes along  & wants to join the band wagon not only that  but  f**k it up in the process.. where was penn in our 11th hour of need ???? it was delmege who saved us went through the hard times of 04 & 05 seasons..then we slowly bought & built up.. penn seen that then wanted in only to f**k it up fukn dorky looking nerdy fuk./.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289696953[/time]

if i had the choice i would keep max & fuk penn off.. fukn power plays behind the scene shIIt .. with my MANLY.. in one full sweeps they fukd it up./. we were on top of the world GF winners WCC winners .. & then the penn delemge **** had to fuk all that up..

The usual illiterate gibberish from jjai.  Wasn't he banned for his ignorant musings, or was that one of his alter-egos?

In the said summer, Delmege would not contribute his share of sponsorships that he likes to boast about, not would he give an undertaking to cover continued operating losses.  Far be it from me to speculate why he would not do so.

But to marshal up the good burghers of the FC to roger Mayer does remain at the root cause of many of our current problems.  MAyer's apologetic is what he has achieved since departing.  It is in stark contrast to what Lowe has provided. 

Ryan, Penn could offer $20m for the house and Delmege would not accept it.  A measure of the man.

jjai,

It was Penn that developed the private ownership model in concert with the likes of former CEO Paul Cummings. In fact I believe the latter was the real architect of the model and he rarely receives the praise for the role in this Club's recent history that is his due.

Delmege, the prime sponsor,  'dropped in' on the party and wanted to buy a bigger share than the Penn family.

That is the background to what happened about two years ago. Penn, stupidly as it turned out, went public over Delmege not paying some money he owed.

In turn Delmege went public over his disagreement with the board allowing the Penns to enter into a financial arrangement with the Leagues Club board to refurbish said club.

Mayer was seen by Delmege to be siding with the Penns.

Delmege did not appreciate Mayer anouncing the 2009 major sponsor (Quantum Water) in GF week in 2008 - because he thought it was ill-timed and might give the impression that he, Delmege, was in some financial difficulty.

Meanwhile Mayer, for whatever reason, had gone against the original intent of buying back shares in the club from the private owners. This also riled some people on the board, adding to the untenable position he found himself in during 2009.

All this had its ugly climax at the season launch in 2009.

I imagine that Delmege, Penn, Mayer and a host of others wish that things had been handled differently in 2008/09. Who knows, we might have had another premiership or two by now.

I love them both for they're money and wholehearted support for our club,both have the best for the club in mind,both see different ways of achieving that and are very strong personalities,i wish these 2 rich schoolboys would see that

Phantar link said:
In turn Delmege went public over his disagreement with the board allowing the Penns to enter into a financial arrangement with the Leagues Club board to refurbish said club.
  Delmege was in the deal but let down his side of the bargain, presumably because he did not have the capital to make good his obligations.  Much as he was behaving with the club, not paying his share of obligations. 

What option did Penn have but to go public?  He only did so after the knight of long knives with Mayer.

And the obvious remains (despite KE's crassness).  Look at the runs Mayer has on the board at GWS (with more to come on Tuesday).  What has Lowe done in 6 months?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=185878.msg305946#msg305946 date=1289717039]
Just like Lowey with you Kiwi, lol.

I have never been in one camp or the other mate, willing to give a bloke a go at the job, while many haven't been
[/quote]

Until when?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Penn must enjoy turning up to work some days with some of you blokes waiting under his desk for him

Could be worse - he could have sheep under his desk. :D

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=185878.msg305946#msg305946 date=1289717039]
Just like Lowey with you Kiwi, lol.

I have never been in one camp or the other mate, willing to give a bloke a go at the job, while many haven't been
[/quote] Some thought Billy McMahon was a great candidate to run Australia too. 

We would all love to have one of these mythical CEO's that weave their magic and conjure revenue and sponsors at will. We probably had a pretty good one in Grant Mayer and I think we all agree we'd love to have him on board still. However he has gone and attracting a new one was never going to be a simple exercise in my opinion. What CEO in their right mind would have stuck their hand up to come and work with Manly at that time, given that our board was being very publicly portrayed as highly dysfunctional ? Two warring owners and an outgoing CEO who admitted his position was untenable....what an advertisement for a happy workplace !!! What would any CEO hope to achieve in that environment if they couldn't get full support of the board of directors ? They'd be on a hiding to nothing and I can't imagine you'd be getting too many high quality candidates throwing their hat into the ring to work under those circumstances. The positon was virtually unfillable in my opinion

If Graham Lowe was chosen as a mediator than so be it. We can't move forward until the board is united and we can get a situation where we can attract high quality personnel who want to work with our "brand". That might mean another year of Lowe, I can live with some short term pain if we can sort out this BS once and for all.

Chip & Chase link said:
We would all love to have one of these mythical CEO's that weave their magic and conjure revenue and sponsors at will. We probably had a pretty good one in Grant Mayer and I think we all agree we'd love to have him on board still. However he has gone and attracting a new one was never going to be a simple exercise in my opinion. What CEO in their right mind would have stuck their hand up to come and work with Manly at that time, given that our board was being very publicly portrayed as highly dysfunctional ? Two warring owners and an outgoing CEO who admitted his position was untenable....what an advertisement for a happy workplace !!! What would any CEO hope to achieve in that environment if they couldn't get full support of the board of directors ? They'd be on a hiding to nothing and I can't imagine you'd be getting too many high quality candidates throwing their hat into the ring to work under those circumstances. The positon was virtually unfillable in my opinion

If Graham Lowe was chosen as a mediator than so be it. We can't move forward until the board is united and we can get a situation where we can attract high quality personnel who want to work with our \"brand\". That might mean another year of Lowe, I can live with some short term pain if we can sort out this BS once and for all.

Rubbish - the role was offered at circa $200k, and Delmege claimed there were 90+ applicants to trawl through.

Lowe was brought in, because there was a distinct lack of priorities at the club. More focus on sales ability, business contacts, player acquisition insights and contacts, corporate partners etc should have been the priority. We thought micro, instead of macro.

The inability to acquire sponsors now has a return that we are unably to acquire players (my opinion only)...and when the business starts to have a negative impact ON the field, that is where I start getting anxious.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4