Manly’s Glenn Stewart deal has playmaker Kieran Foran’s future in balance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All i can say it that Kitey was one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet and very popular at the club and no one put their careers on the line for him.

The dogs are after every player in the nrl & supposedly they won't be over the cap.We're trying to keep one player in glen & we're worried about been over.

how does one figure.

This is just another example of the telecrap stirring up things. Bufoon Ritchie being fed stuff by Zorba cause no one else at the club bothers with the telecrap. I hope we can keep Gifty but there will have to be a sacrifice somewhere to keep him. Foran must be kept hes our next captain.

sheridanstand78 said:
This is just another example of the telecrap stirring up things. Bufoon Ritchie being fed stuff by Zorba cause no one else at the club bothers with the telecrap. I hope we can keep Gifty but there will have to be a sacrifice somewhere to keep him. Foran must be kept hes our next captain.

According to the papers our next captain will be million dollar a season man DCE ;)

COMMANDER said:
If true perhaps Foran can take a pay cut to retain his mate.

Exactly! Foran would understand that the reason why it's a battle to fit under the cap is because Manly has made him & DCE the priority.

However, I don't believe the situation is as black & white as this.

If Gift & his mates are as desperate for him to stay then they'll find a way.

The Dogs will go through this in a few years thanks to Haslers back ended contracts.

Manly are handling it quite well IMO.

Blowfly said:
COMMANDER said:
If true perhaps Foran can take a pay cut to retain his mate.

Exactly! Foran would understand that the reason why it's a battle to fit under the cap is because Manly has made him & DCE the priority.

However, I don't believe the situation is as black & white as this.

If Gift & his mates are as desperate for him to stay then they'll find a way.

The Dogs will go through this in a few years thanks to Haslers back ended contracts.

Manly are handling it quite well IMO.

Foran's Manager is cunning, he won't have Foran committing at Manly and will wait to see how much $$$$$ Foran will get as he could get less if they sign Stewart up.

The "Leak" and his best mate Ritchie at it again.....why bother reading this crap, I saw it inserted in the first post and just bypassed it.

How much of the crap they have leaked, put out, has come true in the last 5-6 years???

There, question answered!!

I think culturally, it will be good to keep gift. He is an integral part of the manly culture and he is a key link on our right side attack.

If gift staying means foz will re-sign that will be a fantastic.

We really don't need this, anytime, but esp now...but that's the nature of the beast these days.

I saw Tooves say a deal with Gift was close too. Can only hope it's true. We offer him the best we responsibily can and that's all we can do!

I think our best "Big 6" now is Lyon, Choc, Snake, Matai, Gift and Foz...just about in that order, too. Based on longevity as well. ( Kite was obv a part of that core group).

DCE is just as important and hopefully becomes a long-term leader...It would be great if we could keep every player we wanted -- including Kite finishing with us -- it's just not fiscally possible. ( AND we don't cheat!)

Eagles2nv said:
I think culturally, it will be good to keep gift. He is an integral part of the manly culture and he is a key link on our right side attack.

If gift staying means foz will re-sign that will be a fantastic.

Not for $800 000. He is getting old and getting the injuries. I would rather see some of the Talented Juniors at Manly getting increases in their Contracts who are the future of Manly ( If only Manly can see this as well, rather than just go and buy players ) rather than lose these players to other clubs who will pay more $$$$ to have them there.

I thought Zorba was close to the Stewart brothers?

If so then you would think, even with how much he dislikes Perry, he would not spread stories like that?

Maybe Manly can offer a 2 year deal to Gifty & then a full time employment as say coach of the NSW cup team

he and Brett already have plans in place of a venture after footy on the beaches

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Maybe Manly can offer a 2 year deal to Gifty & then a full time employment as say coach of the NSW cup team

he and Brett already have plans in place of a venture after footy on the beaches

Give him the job now

I was saying it 6 months back but we should not have resigned Wolfman.

I love the guy, but you could have had Tuafua and Hiku on the Wings with Blair and Gutherson as back up.

Wolfman would have signed a reduced contract but surely its no less than 150k.......should have let him go, sign a minimum wage winger and throw the extra 70k towards Gift

Then if buhrer goes, aren't him and chez best mates? Does that have an influence on what dce might do after this contract.. It's a juggling act keeping a team together, manly have done it better than anyone over the last 8 years. But something will have to give..

Dce and foran are the two most important in my opinion.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4