Manly are missing an ANZAC opportunity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
200.gif

Might have been better at knocking Takakai off his feet
And probably a better spectacle to watch

A little bit disappointing that we didn't have anything ANZAC or Armed Forces related this year. I really think we are missing a golden opportunity to recognise and support the RAAF as they have an Eagle as their official crest. I would like to see the RAAF eagle incorporated into our Jersey for the ANZAC round jersey.

Yep 100% agree.

And every single year.

I think we played Anzac Day last year vs the tigers. Would be good if they incorporated that as a regular fixture along with Easts v Sts and Melb v nz to celebrate the day with a triple header.

I think we played Anzac Day last year vs the tigers. Would be good if they incorporated that as a regular fixture along with Easts v Sts and Melb v nz to celebrate the day with a triple header.
No it wouldn’t. The only game that should be played on Anzac Day is Easts vs St George.

I don’t like the word “opportunity” is used when talking about ANZAC Day. Just watching everything today, it seems there is a concerted push to further market this day. For example, just on my local Facebook Marketplace today, there were people selling replica medals. Normally I wouldn’t think anything of it as my sister and I brought one set of replicas of my late uncles medals so we could both March. These particular ads on the site today, came with the description “get into any RSL, historically accurate so you will look the part”. Very sad to see and I think it’s all heading the way of fraud and greed.

I don’t like the word “opportunity” is used when talking about ANZAC Day. Just watching everything today, it seems there is a concerted push to further market this day. For example, just on my local Facebook Marketplace today, there were people selling replica medals. Normally I wouldn’t think anything of it as my sister and I brought one set of replicas of my late uncles medals so we could both March. These particular ads on the site today, came with the description “get into any RSL, historically accurate so you will look the part”. Very sad to see and I think it’s all heading the way of fraud and greed.
I think you misunderstood me, I said opportunity to recognise and support, absolutely nothing to do with revenue or making money off it. I understand that we had to give the sponsors the 2 alternative jerseys to the sponsors colours, but i just thought we could have incorporated something into the design to honour those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their nation. Im not a massive fan of the black jersey, but for 2 games i am not phased. Wish I never mentioned it now though after reading all the sook posts on here 🙄

Last edited:
Can we do a combined Anzac, indigenous, diabetes, women in league, white ribbon, marvel comic jersey?

I suggest it has all the colours of our rival teams included, dot paintings of guns, white ribbon motifs, poppies, sugar-free treat motifs and a blue and gold super hero instead of a sea eagle. With pink socks for women in league because they love pink.’

Also prominent gambling logos, with anti-gambling disclaimers.
this mob's designs cover a couple of your wants:
have a look:

1650913984073.png

1650913995454.png

1650914008915.png

Yes they have an eagle but...?
I'm not such a fan of the NRL chasing dollars by trying so hard to milk an attachment to Anzac Day. Having a day to remember and honour servicemen and women is as important in this country as any other. However, stretching the Anzac Day tradition to footy games now held on Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday is starting to feel a bit less like honouring something noble and more like the NRL, Fox, and Chanel 9 selling something.

Footy is not war.
I've been saying this exact thing for years. An entire round, each with its own flag raising ceremony smacks of exploitation, not respect. I'm surprised the RSL let it happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8