Manly back row 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Baz has a tough decision on his hands. Will be interesting to see his choices between Goss and Siro. Thompson is a no brainer for that left edge and Frank is most likely to be pushed out of the starting 13 but will be a difficult choice for that right edge forward.
I think that Goss Siro and Thomo will all feature in the top 17 . As you say one will be partnering Thomo and the other on the Bench . Maybe Frank will get a bench spot as well as he can cover the back line . This will surely be the beginning of the end for the weakest link Brown in our top 17.

We need second rowers who can help manly dominate the scrums, win plenty of possession and niggle the opposition forwards. A few discreet stiff arms and rabbit punches in the mix wouldn’t hurt either.

I have seen Paseka and he has an Explosive short speed burst that would be a horrific site for halves defending on the edges....you think his height and size make him an auto front row selection - I don’t....not to say where he will play - just feel he is capable of creating havoc on the edges also as an option.

and said half will run around him every set to score. He would get eaten alive out wide in defence.

The thompson signing is huge! Just what we needed. Great defender and runs hard. Will shore up his side in defence. I really like the way we are building this side. Haven't spend craxy amounts on old has beens like we have in the past. We have the second youngest side in the comp with huge potential. If baz can continue to build the playing group and take these young stars to the next level we are set for many future years.

I like the idea of hastings at 5/8 or possibly crocker. They are young with great potential and hastings can goal kick 80%. Every current star player had to start somewhere and was given a chance like these two. They have a great coach and good leaders around them. Have some awesome young forwards and backs at around age 19 to 21 as well! Looking very good.

The thompson signing is huge! Just what we needed. Great defender and runs hard. Will shore up his side in defence. I really like the way we are building this side. Haven't spend craxy amounts on old has beens like we have in the past. We have the second youngest side in the comp with huge potential. If baz can continue to build the playing group and take these young stars to the next level we are set for many future years.

I like the idea of hastings at 5/8 or possibly crocker. They are young with great potential and hastings can goal kick 80%. Every current star player had to start somewhere and was given a chance like these two. They have a great coach and good leaders around them. Have some awesome young forwards and backs at around age 19 to 21 as well! Looking very good.
Give us your top 17 line up in 2018 Simo

Give us your top 17 line up in 2018 Simo
Will give you my starting side for the start of the season based on current squad but have a feeling and hopefully am right we see one or more of the rookies have break out seasons and make their way into the top squad by the end of the year.

1. Trbojevic
2. Uate
3. Walker
4. Kelly/Parker
5.Taufua
6.Hastings
7. DCE
8.Lussick
9.Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Trbojevic
14. Fonua-Blake
15. Perrett
16. Sipley
17. Brown

Smokeys/Also see NRL game time
Gosiewski
Tanginoa
Paseka
Crocker
Tom Wright
Winterstein
Hopoate (given clearance)

Will give you my starting side for the start of the season based on current squad but have a feeling and hopefully am right we see one or more of the rookies have break out seasons and make their way into the top squad by the end of the year.

1. Trbojevic
2. Uate
3. Walker
4. Kelly/Parker
5.Taufua
6.Hastings
7. DCE
8.Lussick
9.Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Trbojevic
14. Fonua-Blake
15. Perrett
16. Sipley
17. Brown

Gosiewski
Tanginoa
Paseka
Crocker
Tom Wright
Winterstein
Good team . I also would like to think one or more rookies can make the step up and challenge for a spot in the 17

Last edited:
Good team . I also would like to think one or more rookies can make the step up and challenge for a spot in the 17
I think Barrett would be reluctant to start first game of the season with a lot of the rookies but Crocker, Gosie, Tom Wright, Paseka etc if these players can take the next step its a very promising side to go with the current side which half the squad is under 25 years of age!

and said half will run around him every set to score. He would get eaten alive out wide in defence.
Or maybe, he would eat them.....seen Jurassic Park??
Maybe if this big mobile young bloke serves better defence, in around the A defenders, so be it.
Still makes sense to have him charge at the edge defenders in attack.

1. Trbojevic
2. Uate
3. Walker
4. Kelly/Parker
5.Taufua
6.Hastings
7. DCE
8.Lussick
9.Koroisau
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Trbojevic
14. Fonua-Blake
15. Perrett
16. Sipley
17. Brown

Gosiewski
Tanginoa
Paseka
Crocker
Tom Wright
Winterstein
Hoppa is gone apparently.

Another option we may have is to use Jake Trbojevic at Prop, and have a backrow of Curtis Sironen (Lock), Thompson and Winterstein/Gosiewski (Second-Rowers). Only stating it as an option, not a reality. Siro stated how he'd like to be like Glenn Stewart for manly, a ball-playing back-rower, so it's not unrealstic me thinks

8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Frank Winterstein
13. Curtis Sironen

14. Jack Gosiewski (This spot wide open, Winterstein or a prop if Jack starts)

Another option we may have is to use Jake Trbojevic at Prop, and have a backrow of Curtis Sironen (Lock), Thompson and Winterstein/Gosiewski (Second-Rowers). Only stating it as an option, not a reality. Siro stated how he'd like to be like Glenn Stewart for manly, a ball-playing back-rower, so it's not unrealstic me thinks

8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Frank Winterstein
13. Curtis Sironen

14. Jack Gosiewski (This spot wide open, Winterstein or a prop if Jack starts)
I think you should prefer it, I do. It looks better as a pack.

Not sure if i’d start Siro. I’d like some more size. Winterstein I’m not sold on, but he has size. Tanginoa will surprise a few I’d say.

Winterstein seems to get stoped in his tracks most hit ups not really bending the line hence the low work load. This is something we have fixed with the Thompson signing. Siro adds way more to this side so I see him starting with Thompson and Jake. What a skilled hard working backrow !

Let's not forget that Jake plays big minutes at lock and we'd get less time out of him in the front row rotation. I love the job he does now.
I agree, although if we are ever short a quality prop due to injury he's always got to be an option next season. We lack the depth, but I believe Sipley will be a standout, and seeing the forwards we've got coming through he may not be the only one to rise in 2018. Tanginoa, Taniela Paseka, Gosiewski, Joey Lussick and Shaun Lane (if he's bothered) can provide some potential, and depth to our forward pack next season

Or maybe, he would eat them.....seen Jurassic Park??
Maybe if this big mobile young bloke serves better defence, in around the A defenders, so be it.
Still makes sense to have him charge at the edge defenders in attack.

Yes I have seen Jurassic park, thanks for Making my points T rex the bigger and slower. If we called T rex queen Mary because of how long it took him to turn and chase as a former winger i will call it now, Paseka will end up being Titanic.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8