Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
It's Des scrambling for ammunition to take to the Thursday showdown. Seriously this is just like the shootout at the end of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Des , Penn and Mestrov.
Well we never can just disappear into the off-season can we. Fu*k me dead.

XV-1

First Grader
There is some noise that Des himself requested the survey to be put in as it would come out favourably for him and his staff

That is correct. Des and his mgr were going to take the positive findings to the Thursday meeting with Mestrov and Penn.

Nordburg

First Grader
My thoughts exactly. I don't want des punted but will cop it on the chin if he is replaced by a real coach someone like flano or toove. Not a muppet like slater or someone inexperienced like Hales.

I think there's a degree of payback from 2011 at play here as well
Tooves hasn’t coached in the NRL in 7 years and in my opinion was heavily assisted by an experienced squad,he’s similar to Walters in he’s great at motivating but does not have the smarts.As for Flanagan,there’s a reason why he was not given one of the several vacant positions that opened up this year

Stevo

First Grader
I would suggest its common practice to gauge the feelings of the players at the end of a disappointing season. And id also suggest we are not the only club who has carried one out. We all know the football club is different to the football department. Its possible Des or the football manager actioned it so they could take the results to the football club. Im fairly sure if Des knew he'd lost the playing group he'd walk away. Why would he want to get sacked or finish worse next season if he has?

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
As fans how long do we have to go through this.

is this worse than when des left in 2011, the Glenn Stewart debacle in 2014. The losing of Foran and then the sacking of Toovey disaster and and the Trent Barrett nightmare. Now this. Far out.
For as long as we have an owner who refuses to run the club and resource it like a professional sporting entity.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I would suggest its common practice to gauge the feelings of the players at the end of a disappointing season. And id also suggest we are not the only club who has carried one out. We all know the football club is different to the football department. Its possible Des or the football manager actioned it so they could take the results to the football club. Im fairly sure if Des knew he'd lost the playing group he'd walk away. Why would he want to get sacked or finish worse next season if he has?
Money?

Shoe1

Journey Man
Is the football club the judean people’s front, and the football department the people’s front of Judea?

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Tooves hasn’t coached in the NRL in 7 years and in my opinion was heavily assisted by an experienced squad,he’s similar to Walters in he’s great at motivating but does not have the smarts.As for Flanagan,there’s a reason why he was not given one of the several vacant positions that opened up this year

Fox League continually pump up Flanagan's tyres, and coaching availability ... but there are obvious reasons why clubs are giving him a wide berth.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12