Manly in the EPL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't argue with anything there Zep - we're in dire need of a real bastard of a Midfielder. Someone who will go hard in tackles, win balls and make our opponents think twice before holding the ball up.

Another Vieria if you may.

Vidic has been on fire. Easily the best CB in the world right now. Rio is a schoolboy in comparison.

IMO final table will be as follows, I have no idea about points as so many teams are dropping points here and there.

1. Man U
2. Chelski
3. Liverlol
4. Arsenal
5. Villa
6. Everton

Gruggy i didn't want to get too deep into the table as there is no chance to know. Arsenal should be wary as the lure of the champions league might push some of the mid-range clubs to go hard for it.

I was watching the small clip about the Arsenal Invincibles not losing for 49 straight including a Premier League. If only half of that team was still playing for them. Funny how do you don't hear much about Henry anymore, the same with Ruud. Even at international level they have been quiet.  Probably more because we don't get much over here other than English or Beckham football.

I just wanted to see Villa below us ;)

I don't think Villa have the experience or consistency to finish in the top four. Like us they are heavily relying on youth (Agbonlahor, Young etc). But old heads like Barry (if he stays) should ensure they're even stronger next year.

I friggin love those type of highlights, but they're so depressing at the same time!

Henry isn't doing a lot at Barca, which was expected. Look at who is in front of him? Messi, Eto' etc.

I knew he wouldn't light the world on fire. Arsene has a knack of being able to tell when players are getting "past it". Freddie, Vieira, Adams, Pires to name a few. All who have basically haven't come back to bite us - except possibly for Vieria.

But yeah, you're right regarding Aussie exposure, unless you have Setanta you'd think the only league in the world is the EPL!

Gruggy link said:
I just wanted to see Villa below us ;)

I don't think Villa have the experience or consistency to finish in the top four. Like us they are heavily relying on youth (Agbonlahor, Young etc). But old heads like Barry (if he stays) should ensure they're even stronger next year.

Looks like Villa just might secure that top 4 spot. The gunners need to start winning against ****ty clubs. There were lucky to get the draw on the weekend.

Liverpool also dropped points and now are in third with Manchester in the lead by 2 points with a game in hand.

I actually like my table prediction, but i will add that liverpool will be 5 points behind chelsea.

Was pissed at Fox Sports the other morning, was watching the Man Utd game and it cut out with 4 mins to go so they could put on lawn bowls.

Rofl - Lawn bowls.

I'm confident we'll make the four - Take into account we've been without Eduardo, Rosicky, Fabregas and Walcott for well over a month. As well as being without all of the above, bar Fabregas for most of the season, these guys will be like new signings.

We can't forget that Arsharvin may still be coming!

There's no doubt our midfield lacks class, age and go forward at the moment. But that's to be expected when the majority aren't attacking or wide players. Denilson and Diaby are DM/CM, Song is a DM, Ramsey a raw CM. That leaves Nasri as the only real attacking midfielder in the squad at the moment.

Given the above, I'm pleased with the results. Winning away at Everton is harder than it sounds, especially with the class in midfield they have atm compared to us. Not forgetting their form this year, holding the Scousers to a 1 all draw in consecutive weeks. But we are getting the results against the mid/lower clubs (Hull last week etc), which is

I'm more excited about the next couple of weeks than I have been all season.

Everton have had there woes with injury. That have cahill as striker case in point.

Its actually a testament to the strength of the United squad to see the players they have been missing over the last 2 months but keep winning.

I am actually surprised that Aresenal haven't spent big this break. I think there would have been a few midfielders in there sights and maybe a wide back,

Arséne Wenger is waiting for an obscure 18 year old prodigy from France.........

When Sylvan Wiltord is your record signing he is never going to be splashing the cash (unlike Manu who have bought half the players from my club...west ham....)

What about Carrick (another hammer)

Not to mention Joe Cole, Jermain Defoe, Anton Ferdinand, and Fat Frank.....

Keep those players and Tevez does not need to go anywhere (the joys of supporting a non big 4 club........)

yeah i couldn't remember if Carrick was Hammer or a Spur.. I coudln't imaigne the current man Utd squad without Carrick. HE just slipped into Roy Keane's role so easily.

BTW i think Man Utd got tevez because we decided to lose to you guys final round 2 years ago so you wouldn't be relegated.

Problem is we have (and always will be) a selling club - bring in decent kids then sell them later

Another ordinary performance by the Gunners,  Fergie's lot scraped home and Liverpool had a good win over Chelski. I hope that the Reds win this year, there is a lot to like about their line-up. Despite the talent that Manchester has I never like to see them win :)

Why is it when one of the big 4 are held by a non big 4 it is a poor performance by them?

What about giving credit to the other team for their performance........

Tbh I thought we played well.

Dominated the midfield and restricted the Hammers the limited scoring opportunities (tbh I can't think of one shot?). But once again we're lacking in the final third.

This is down to that spark in midfield that Cesc, Rosicky or Walcott can provide.

Full points to West Ham though, despite dominating with posession outstanding defence from Upson and (sh*t, his name escpaes me, that ranga?) prevented the ball going in the back of the net. Although I feel RVP should have scored with that sitter in the final few mins.

Arsene looks to be taking the FA Cup as a priority with RVP on the bench as there is zero chance we'll push for the title. He must be confident of Villa slipping up and our guys remaining consistent in the League.

i watched the first half of both games and as poorly as chelski played they were better than Arsenal. Liverpool were awesome in there commitment for the ball. It was a top half of football by liverpool and they should have been 1-0 atleast at the break.

Isz, when a big four play a non big four and drops points its just not expected. If you look at Manchester United, they had a bad early run but now they don't look like they can be beaten except by those in the top four and maybe by arsenal (i love that) or everton. So each week when the big guys play you are basically guaranteed that 2 out of 4 will win and the other 2 will get a draw or maybe 1 will lose. It just means that they are lsing ground to the other teams in the top four and will most likely have no chance at the premiership if they do it regularly.

2-0 to the Arsenal.... Still my favourite game of the season Zep. Nasri's thunderbolt outside the box past Van Der Sar will never get old.

On recent news, FoxSports are reporting Arshavin has signed until 2012 for 12 million pounds.

BBC and Sky are stating it wont be ratified by the EPL until tomorrow. The Premier League has extended the deadline of some transfers that have been affected by the weather. Seems Andrei is inclusive of those few.

FFS - I just want to see him in a jersey arleady.

Apart from Manly winning the NRL, Man Utd  lifting both the champions league and premier league trophies are my favourite games. Beating Chelsea 3-0 feels good too.

Keane go back to Hotspurs yet?

Arshavin at 27 might just be the perfect buy. Strong center midfielder/attacker. Still a central defensive midfielder wouldn't have gone astray either.

Sp*rs.

Lol.

Chimbonda and Keane. To think, some people wonder why the rest of the world laughs at them.

[img=400x291]http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/498x363/feb_09/gun__1233680011_arshavin_gallery4.jpg[/img]

Hopefully he'll be worth the wait. I have no doubt that after a few weeks of "harden the f*ck up training" he'll have an immediate impact. A lot of people predicted Nasri would take a while to adapt and look how quick he became accustomed to the EPL.

Fabgreas,Nasri,Rosicky, Walcott,Arshavin - (When fully fit) Has to be up there with the best midfield's in the world. My prediction -

Adebayor            RVP

Nasri            Fabregas      Rosicky      Arshavin

Clichy            Gallas            Toure        Sagna   

Almunia   

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8