Manly needs more chants

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
I would have thought Australian sporting fans would have realised decades ago that it is not in our DNA to sing or chant from our past original classic efforts ---- Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi Aussie Oi Aussie Oi Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi should have permanently ended all hope of progress in the next generation.

It didn't sink in north of the border.......clap your hands and sing along with me now

aye aye yippee yippee aye.........

Chip and Chase said:
Technical Coach said:
I would have thought Australian sporting fans would have realised decades ago that it is not in our DNA to sing or chant from our past original classic efforts ---- Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi Aussie Oi Aussie Oi Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi should have permanently ended all hope of progress in the next generation.

It didn't sink in north of the border.......clap your hands and sing along with me now

aye aye yippee yippee aye.........

that would sound fantastic with the stereo effect of two heads.

It would be my luck that my other head would be tone-deaf and hate chants.

Alan said:
globaleagle said:
I think women even have the vote now.

grumblegrumblerhubarbrhubarbgrumblegrumblegrumble

Bugger.

Technical Coach said:
Less chants please, this is not the EPL it is Rugby League in Australia.

One minute people want to copy the American fan culture, next it is the English Premier League style chants--- just enjoy the game and yell abuse at the ref or player Aussie style if you need atmosphere.

NO MORE CHANTS
NO MORE CHANTS
NO MORE CHANTS
CLAPCLAP CLAPCLAP CLAP

NO MORE CHANTS

HELP STAMP OUT FOOTPRINTS!!!!:mad:

Either that @Frank

Or the old fave, ''Bullll. Sh*ttt , Bull. Sh*ttt...''

I'm fond sometimes of just telling it like it is mate!

manly1972 said:
ManlyArmy said:
manly1972 said:
Not saying the current chants which we have are bad. They just need some updating, iv'e got a few in mind, some are directed at the opposition, Shayne 'rooster' Hayne and for our players. If you would like to here them leave a reply with your thoughts.

Well there's the Brett Stewie and Choc song, the Centrelink Song, MAAAAAAAANLYYYYYY, the good old "Who are ya" chant has a run every so often, the Matai song, and other chants around @Jono's drum.

You left cause your ..., you left cause your ..., Tonny Williams you left cause your ... (repeated)

You're*
You're*
Tony*
You're*

Technical Chant.

Dan said:
It's popular therefore it must be bad!

I am in danger of dropping the f and c bombs here so going to not say what I was going to.

Good on you TC for walking a different path, Robert frost would be proud, though he wasn't such a douche bag when he wrote about it.

Now back on topic hey?

Seriously Dan get a grip, did you honestly take my trailing off comments about being some wise walking in my own path waxing lyrical above and beyond the masses crap as being dead serious lol.

Funnily enough the feeling has always been mutual pretty much from day one in relation to the douche bag comments just never felt the need to advertise my personal views----it is not productive and “probably” borders on going against the rules of the site.

I have never felt the need to take aim at other contributors on this site(until attacked first) if I felt their character was not to my liking. Obviously you can't even live up to the standards you wish all others to abide by for the greater good of the site---not the first time.

In general (from my perspective) over the years some of the biggest douche bag and passive aggressive comments have been from you, but until now I have preferred to keep my views to myself as I could care less what people think of me and i'm sure you are the same.

I just keep my comments focussed on analysis as I do respect your efforts in starting up a fan site of such quality and keep all the other crap out of it. If people hate my overly technical analysis fine “don't read it” if they disagree and feel the need to reply state why you disagree but there is no need to get into a flame war.(it is fun though lol but like this reply and Dans all it does is hijack threads away from the original post)

My comments in this thread were just light hearted making general wide sweeping observations of fans not directed towards any one person in particular while at the same time playing up to the “i'm so dull lacking any sense of humour who would never give ice cream to my kids" perception people have of me”

The “It's popular therefore it must be bad” has nothing to do with it, my views are also in the other extreme of being different for the sake of being different, to be a trendsetter---or popular just for being “unique”,(well that is you TC---maybe lol) it is basically about being popular for all the wrong reasons.

Back on topic on why I am against the chants

Australia is too busy trying to generate a culture that has never been our way instead of embracing what we already have.

A country who still calls their National Soccer Team “The Socceroos” is as creative as it gets here in the land of OZ so let's just drop the EPL chants and enjoy what we already have.

PS I love the EPL chants “in the English Premier League”, not the NRL.

Its funny how everytime you get called out you trot out that line and try to hide behind the old "Light hearted". If that was indeed your intention, which I doubt, as you have said the exact thing on several occasions. So I will take it as the same self-righteous piss and wind you normally produce.

As for being a douche bag myself, I have no doubt I am exactly that, a cranky, over-worked, under-rested grumpy bastard with an inflated view of my own intelligence and self-worth, though I don't claim to be anything else, nor do I try to hide behind the "just being light hearted" your rant in this thread spanning several posts tells the truth behind your "light hearted" banter.

And @Technical Coach

By saying you take a very differing view to most or many, in that way is pretty much the definition of trolling, or flaming, even if it's wrapped in pseudo-intellectualism or formalities.

Equally the lame excuse or defence of merely being different, and constantly misunderstood.

You even admit you ''play up to the perception people have of you''...then cry foul or claim innocence once you get your oft-desired response.

You may still put a spin on this too to prolong your time in the spotlight, or perhaps only concede to being naturally annoying...A helplessly-born buzz-killer.

Just don't play the victim or treat people as if they're stupid, when you've quite clearly admitted your (obvious) M.O. anyway.

RiverEagle said:
By saying you take a very differing view to most or many, in that way is pretty much the definition of trolling, or flaming
I realise you consider yourself an authority on what is Australian and un-Australian, but you may have got mixed up about riding on the sheep's back and behaving like sheep.
They are two different things!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
RiverEagle said:
By saying you take a very differing view to most or many, in that way is pretty much the definition of trolling, or flaming
I realise you consider yourself an authority on what is Australian and un-Australian, but you may have got mixed up about riding on the sheep's back and behaving like sheep.

No I understand that distinction; and if I considered myself any greater authority on anything more than the average Aussie bloke, I'd ingratiate myself and get into the leadership group...Not only to show the world how self-important I am, but to have the power to delete posts when I've embarrassed myself too much...or hijacked threads yet again.

#buzz-kill.

TC, you mentioned our DNA and culture, both overwhelmingly originated in western Europe. By chanting and singing at sporting matches we are in fact more in tune with our true selves, than stoically sitting back and analysing events.

I am not a chanter or face painter myself but I would no sooner seek to discourage those that are, than I would wish that the crowd was full of boring old buggers like me.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
SeaEagleRock8 said:
RiverEagle said:

Esp if you're a kiwi!

Alan said:
TC, you mentioned our DNA and culture, both overwhelmingly originated in western Europe. By chanting and singing at sporting matches we are in fact more in tune with our true selves, than stoically sitting back and analysing events.

I am not a chanter or face painter myself but I would no sooner seek to discourage those that are, than I would wish that the crowd was full of boring old buggers like me.

You have become infinitely less boring mate, what with your new flame Gina and all.

Now THAT'S riding on the sheep's' back, or something big, so to speak...lol.

Just ensure you get a decent pre-nup mate!

Dan said:
Its funny how everytime you get called out you trot out that line and try to hide behind the old "Light hearted". If that was indeed your intention, which I doubt, as you have said the exact thing on several occasions. So I will take it as the same self-righteous piss and wind you normally produce.

As for being a douche bag myself, I have no doubt I am exactly that, a cranky, over-worked, under-rested grumpy ... with an inflated view of my own intelligence and self-worth, though I don't claim to be anything else, nor do I try to hide behind the "just being light hearted" your rant in this thread spanning several posts tells the truth behind your "light hearted" banter.

First of all i've only used the "light hearted banter" recently in a private chat to you more to show that i don't take the comments all too seriously and it is a bit of fun, also once or twice in the main forum in recent times more to calm others who get overly passionate and start to get personal---not trying to hide at all "douche"

Every "view point or analysis" i have made is what i genuinely believe, you can hate aspects about others or the world does not mean you are making the comments to cause conflict.

Do people state they hate "Asian Drivers", or Volvo Drivers, or "i don't trust any person with a beard or every salesman in general" and mean to create conflict or is it mostly genuine thoughts but often expressed in a "light hearted" manner.

Called out for what?----i state my views i believe in my views, i don't force myself to be the opposite to cause friction and i never direct my views at any one individual on a one on one i hate your character you are a douche style.(other than responding in kind never instigated in that fashion)

River a differing view to others is not trolling, first of all i don't go out and seek individuals on this site to hurt their feelings and secondly i back my thoughts up with my reasons why.

I play up to the perception of me as i don't have any choice over what people think----so i can either just ignore or play along.

Playing the victim---give me a break i really could care less. The change of tone in this thread was the one on one personal attack from Dan, you seemed to be taking my responses in a light hearted manner before Dan made his presence felt.

My change of tone in this thread is all about a person who runs this site has told others many times to not get personal and cause conflict yet does so himself.(The comments are fine bring them on--- just sets a precedent which is what i worry about---lowering the forums to flame wars might increase hits and revenue lol what would i know)

Ok enough said, will hold back on the other Dan comments as what is the point he owns the site he can do as he pleases.

Just don't cry about a lack of time and the site costing you more than you get back like you did during a previous conflict a few years back(not involving me) and then act in the same manner.

Technical Coach said:
Dan said:

As for being a douche bag myself, I have no doubt I am exactly that, a cranky, over-worked, under-rested grumpy ... with an inflated view of my own intelligence and self-worth, though I don't claim to be anything else, nor do I try to hide behind the "just being light hearted" your rant in this thread spanning several posts tells the truth behind your "light hearted" banter.

First of all i've only used the "light hearted banter" recently in a private chat to you more to show that i don't take the comments all too seriously and it is a bit of fun, also once or twice in the main forum in recent times more to calm others who get overly passionate and start to get personal---not trying to hide at all "douche"

Every "view point or analysis" i have made is what i genuinely believe, you can hate aspects about others or the world does not mean you are making the comments to cause conflict.

Do people state they hate "Asian Drivers", or Volvo Drivers, or "i don't trust any person with a beard or every salesman in general" and mean to create conflict or is it mostly genuine thoughts but often expressed in a "light hearted" manner.

Called out for what?----i state my views i believe in my views, i don't force myself to be the opposite to cause friction and i never direct my views at any one individual on a one on one i hate your character you are a douche style.(other than responding in kind never instigated in that fashion)

River a differing view to others is not trolling, first of all i don't go out and seek individuals on this site to hurt their feelings and secondly i back my thoughts up with my reasons why.

I play up to the perception of me as i don't have any choice over what people think----so i can either just ignore or play along.

Playing the victim---give me a break i really could care less. The change of tone in this thread was the one on one personal attack from Dan, you seemed to be taking my responses in a light hearted manner before Dan made his presence felt.

My change of tone in this thread is all about a person who runs this site has told others many times to not get personal and cause conflict yet does so himself.(The comments are fine bring them on--- just sets a precedent which is what i worry about---lowering the forums to flame wars might increase hits and revenue lol what would i know)

Ok enough said, will hold back on the other Dan comments as what is the point he owns the site he can do as he pleases.

Just don't cry about a lack of time and the site costing you more than you get back like you did during a previous conflict a few years back(not involving me) and then act in the same manner.

Oh so you're the victim now?

Actually the tone changed when you made snide comments about the original posters ideas. In fact replies immediately by people asking if you take ice cream off children....

Go stroke your ego elsewhere

Technical Coach said:
Dan said:

Is anyone else offended by this or is he targeting me as the only bearded Asian Volvo driving salesman on this site?

Either way I gave him a few days break from the site. I dont have the patience or inclination to bother with this kind of crap

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2