Manly. NRLs concern over summer.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
E62E4980-6DDA-476B-956E-85BE15E45C0D.jpeg
DOESN'T ANYONE EVER READ OTHER THREADS??????

Maybe after 22 years in the NRL its about time they got serious about Melbourne actually having its own junior system....in Victoria.....rather than continually spoon feeding them Qld Juniors through the Easts Tigers and Sunshine Coast in the Qld Cup.

Or are they too scared that if at least half their juniors come from Mexico, Melbourne would would rarely get outside the bottom 4, let alone into the top 8??

Agree, they have done zero to grow the game in Victoria

Agree, they have done zero to grow the game in Victoria

Exactly. In their entire time in the competition I can only remember 2 Victorian juniors to make it to the NRL.

By comparison, South Australia hasn't had a team since 1998 and yet in the same time frame there have been three (Nathan Vagg, Joel Reddy and Brenton Lawrence) who played in the junior comp here went on to play in the NRL with two of them (BJ and Reddy) having fairly long careers.

The standard of NRL Victoria has not risen despite the Storm being around for 22 years. Far from growing the game in Mexico, the Drizzle are more of a bragging rights thing about having a successful NRL club in the heart of the AFL than because they want to grow rugby league there.

For all the media hype today from Kent about the us joining the scum as the best wrestlers, I really didn't see much at all tonight...

For all the media hype today from Kent about the us joining the scum as the best wrestlers, I really didn't see much at all tonight...
Yeah, but all the bleating after last week's win in Canberra did the job. Refs immediately made it clear they weren't going to penalise Melbourne for any of their usual BS in the ruck. That's what happens when they decide to put the whistles away.

Yeah, but all the bleating after last week's win in Canberra did the job. Refs immediately made it clear they weren't going to penalise Melbourne for any of their usual BS in the ruck. That's what happens when they decide to put the whistles away.
Oh yeah no doubt.
I was watching them pretty closely though and I think it may have had an effect on their style as well.
They've done some poor things to tackled players this year but seemed to drop off a bit tonight.
Actually their cannon ball is on the increase so they can't help themselves...

Where did this rubbish come from? The game on the weekend? No one said boo when the Warriors were having a picnic on top of our players at every chance or the Tigers the week later. Almost felt like it was diliberate on the weekend to show "if that's how it's gonna be played then we'll follow suit".
No. They have to deflect all the criticism that the storm have been getting in the last few weeks, so who better to deflect it on but us. They cant keep bagging the scum now can they, its un heard of

It's no surprise that throughout Manly's history we are a poor wet weather team.
This year we have had three matches in the wet, if my memory is correct, and lost all three - to the Tugers, Worriers and now Melbourne.

The issue is that the NRL dont crack down on it across all teams, or have the balls to do it all season. They also let certain players in the refs ear to influence their decision. Really poor. The officiating is dictated by the media, which is why the Storm put so much effort into manipulating the media.

The officiating is dictated by the media, which is why the Storm put so much effort into manipulating the media.
Yes they do, and they also put much effort into all aspects of their off-field operation, because they can afford to. They use their financial dominance to have more support staff than any other club and that eventually translates to the success they have on-field.
They actually do it better than the other rich clubs. For all-round professionalism, they are the NRL's best practice benchmark.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12