Manly Rebuild 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Holmsey

Bencher
Manly preparing for another rebuilding year in 2017
  • 4 hours ago
  • by FATIMA KDOUH
  • Source: The Daily Telegraph
The Sea Eagles have been knocked off their perch in recent years and now face their second “rebuild” in the space of 12 months.

Coach Trent Barrett has individual pieces needed to assemble a competitive football team. We look at five key areas Barrett and his side need to work on over the off-season in our Summer School series.

FINAL VERDICT: Manly have some work to do

Can they improve in the middle?

The Sea Eagles have lacked mongrel upfront in recent seasons. Last year Martin Taupau, Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick were signed on to help revive their go-forward. Taupau showed glimpses of his rampaging best, Lussick had bursts of form but Myles hardly set the world on fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evan$
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane

The last two spots going to:
Centre: Schleimankel, Locke, Wright, Wiliame, Matai or new recruit
Prop: Myles, Meehan or new recruit

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evan$
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane

That's a pretty ordinary team ...... and not a top 8 squad. Agree with Mark, will be improvement but will finish about 10th.....

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evan$
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
17. Shaun Lane

Yup that'll be our side, personally I really like it. Now onto that article... Well that was the worst thing i've ever read! They even have bloody Siosaia Vave in our starting side for next year until they edited it later today. It's pretty damn obvious that matai won't be there, almost just as obvious snake won't be there and some of the other crap they wrote in that article was just unbelievably ****ty, don't quite know why im raging at this so heavily but it just pisses me off for some reason i think it's just because they were talking **** about our pack and said that Tapau played better at prop for us where it was pretty clear he made far more impact on the edges at second row

MWSE has been posting photos of players at training today ( perhaps they read Silvertails and thought " oh ****"), Jono Wright, Shaun Lane & BJ.

No Matai, no Stewart and def no Sirronen!!!

Yup that'll be our side, personally I really like it. Now onto that article... Well that was the worst thing i've ever read! They even have bloody Siosaia Vave in our starting side for next year until they edited it later today. It's pretty damn obvious that matai won't be there, almost just as obvious snake won't be there and some of the other crap they wrote in that article was just unbelievably ****ty, don't quite know why im raging at this so heavily but it just pisses me off for some reason i think it's just because they were talking **** about our pack and said that Tapau played better at prop for us where it was pretty clear he made far more impact on the edges at second row
Well said young mate!

We may have a new supporter as well
201609061045524552.jpg

Or has she just been trolling MWSE website for slogans

The writer of this article doesnt know the Manly stable that well. No Jamil Hopoate, probably the best player in NSW Cup side when he played,. Then there's Billy Bainbridge, who has already had a taste of first Grade. Cahnces of Matai playing are next to nil. They arent going to leave Uate in reserves. And I'd love to see a fit Brett Stewart coming back, but I give it a less than 30% chance. And heaven help us if Nate Myles is in the first 13. But there you are.

What about if those two open spots where like Dean Whare & Suaia Matagi (or something along those lines?)

Exactly
You put whare in at center and AFB back to bench and sign a good prop and thats a good side.

Might not happen in 2017 unless matai and stewert get sorted. would 100 % happen in 2018 though. more fringe players moved on as well.

Hope we go hard for whare and dwz if not for the 2017, sign them next year for 2018. then the last piece would be a rep prop and looking very very good!

Myles was the worst 500k we have spent. for the same money could of had Vaughan for 3 years who is the kind of prop we need

Surely Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer, Tom Symonds, Josh Starling, Feleti Mateo don't equal Blake Green, Akuila Uate & some reserve graders.

As said in other threads, call guys like Isaac John & Cameron Cullen a wash.

But boy, we must have some beastly cap space.

Surely Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer, Tom Symonds, Josh Starling, Feleti Mateo don't equal Blake Green, Akuila Uate & some reserve graders.

As said in other threads, call guys like Isaac John & Cameron Cullen a wash.

But boy, we must have some beastly cap space.
Yeah the depth in the forwards ain't what it was but the players we already have are set to fill in a few of those places, eg. Walker from 5/8 to Matai's centre, we'll have at least Kevin Locke in the other centre. Those two aren't to shabby replacements considering Lyon and Matai are legends of the club. The reserve graders/depth are being replaced mainly by our upcoming forwards which i like seeing we are trying to unearth our future playing group atm, especially last season. I suppose there is more signings to come, Sironen at a minimum.

The replacements would look something like this..
B= better replacement, W= worse replacement, E= equal, S= Not better although not too much worse
Matt Wright - Akuila Uate ;B
Jamie Lyon - Kevin Locke(?) ;W
Steve Matai - Dylan Walker ;S
Dylan Walker - Blake Green ;B
Jamie Buhrer - Curtis Sironen(?) ;S (potential though)
Tom Symonds - Lewis Brown ;B (just)
Josh Starling - Willis Meehan ;B (Starling fell away greatly this season)
Feleti Mateo - Jamil Hoppa/Billy Bainbridge ;S (once again potential)

4 Better, 3 not better not much worse, 1 worse

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12