Manly Rebuild 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Well, you think of it, out of all our "acquisitions" under the amazing Bozo, there is ONE solitary player that played first grade last year in Blake Green.

Every single other player acquired has been plucked from NSW Cup or QLD Cup, so at a minimum, they would need to get back up to speed to the rigors of first grade.

Yet we are losing a swathe of first grade talent and experience.

Well, you think of it, out of all our "acquisitions" under the amazing Bozo, there is ONE solitary player that played first grade last year in Blake Green.

Every single other player acquired has been plucked from NSW Cup or QLD Cup, so at a minimum, they would need to get back up to speed to the rigors of first grade.

Yep, exactly the way I feel.

Certainly fills me with confidence for 2017?........... and then I read young Harry's posts!

Yeah the depth in the forwards ain't what it was but the players we already have are set to fill in a few of those places, eg. Walker from 5/8 to Matai's centre, we'll have at least Kevin Locke in the other centre. Those two aren't to shabby replacements considering Lyon and Matai are legends of the club. The reserve graders/depth are being replaced mainly by our upcoming forwards which i like seeing we are trying to unearth our future playing group atm, especially last season. I suppose there is more signings to come, Sironen at a minimum.

The replacements would look something like this..
B= better replacement, W= worse replacement, E= equal, S= Not better although not too much worse
Matt Wright - Akuila Uate ;B
Jamie Lyon - Kevin Locke(?) ;W
Steve Matai - Dylan Walker ;S
Dylan Walker - Blake Green ;B
Jamie Buhrer - Curtis Sironen(?) ;S (potential though)
Tom Symonds - Lewis Brown ;B (just)
Josh Starling - Willis Meehan ;B (Starling fell away greatly this season)
Feleti Mateo - Jamil Hoppa/Billy Bainbridge ;S (once again potential)

4 Better, 3 not better not much worse, 1 worse

I like what you are getting at; however I think you need to add some perspective as to what their potential 2017 form would be like. For instance, as much as we love Matai and Lyon with their age, injuries and lack of speed 2017 Walker would most certainly be a better option than a 2017 version of either.

As for Brown been better, little-own equal to any second rower to have ever played for Manly, you are horribly wrong.

As I said the other day 13th to 10th, BUT, I'd prefer that to 13th to 16th.

2018-2020 will be our years, apart from Cherry no one left from the Golden Era, and when the true rebuild can start.

And also remember players like Thurston, Scott, Smith, Cronk will be but a memory, so a lot of the top sides today will go through exactly what we have had to do.

Just part of the salary cap system.

What we need is not an on field rebuild but more pressing is an off field shake up!!

Until Penn's Bozo ,Zorba, Dan Ferris , Cartwright as well as that dope of a media manager we have leaves this club we will remain in the dark and be non comptitive in the NRL.

I am happy to give TB benefit of the doubt for one more year and I like Tim Clearly as CEO as well.

We bought a QLD SOO player last year .....gees what do ya want!

What we need is not an on field rebuild but more pressing is an off field shake up!!

Until Penn's Bozo ,Zorba, Dan Ferris , Cartwright as well as that dope of a media manager we have leaves this club we will remain in the dark and be non comptitive in the NRL.

I am happy to give TB benefit of the doubt for one more year and I like Tim Clearly as CEO as well.
Although Bozo has been harsh I feel he is like a catalyst to getting us outta the mess he himself created. He's transformed the side from one on the slide to one with plenty of potential once again and in very little time. But once we are stable and are at the pointy end of the ladder he needs to dramatically lessen his input. I have faith in Barrett for one more season although if he doesn't work out then we need to target Hasler who would stand more chance to come back without bozo in too much control (or someone like him.. cough cough toovs)

Although Bozo has been harsh I feel he is like a catalyst to getting us outta the mess he himself created. He's transformed the side from one on the slide to one with plenty of potential once again and in very little time. But once we are stable and are at the pointy end of the ladder he needs to dramatically lessen his input. I have faith in Barrett for one more season although if he doesn't work out then we need to target Hasler who would stand more chance to come back without bozo in too much control (or someone like him.. cough cough toovs)
Hard to remain positive after looking at the players we have lost vs the players we have gained. We will be worse off next year. A lot of punters have us as close to wooden spooners.
Out - Buhrer, Symonds, Vave, Knight.
In - Green, Sironen, Wright, Cullen.

I hope you are right re Bozo

Hard to remain positive after looking at the players we have lost vs the players we have gained. We will be worse off next year. A lot of punters have us as close to wooden spooners.
Out - Buhrer, Symonds, Vave, Knight.
In - Green, Sironen, Wright, Cullen.
No, won't be happening, our proper 2016 side wouldn't have been as bad as that side was, there were injuries. Now we have a proper half and plenty of potential, don't look at who we brought in/out, just the side we've got

As I said the other day 13th to 10th, BUT, I'd prefer that to 13th to 16th.

2018-2020 will be our years, apart from Cherry no one left from the Golden Era, and when the true rebuild can start.

And also remember players like Thurston, Scott, Smith, Cronk will be but a memory, so a lot of the top sides today will go through exactly what we have had to do.

Just part of the salary cap system.

I'm a little more optimistic Mark. As long as we get a fair shake with injures I can see us between 5-10. I think we could have been at the bottom end of the finals if injury hadnt broken our wing. I dont think we will be any weaker next year and probably a little stronger given an older and fitter TT and JT. Walker in centre will add spice and Green could be a master stroke. Other than Wright I like some of the recruits and I'm looking forward to the development of Parker, Jamil H and Bainbridge. A fit DCE with Green could be a big game changer. I also think the two live wire hookers will be more effective, having settled in.

Couzo, who regularly reads Silvertails won't like you for that !!

He's the actual media manager , even if you ( and everybody else ) thinks it's ZtH!!

Still got this feeling Taufua wont be at Manly next year. At this stage just to put the cat among the sea eagles what about this team if Stewart and Matai are unavailable

T. Trbojevic
Uate
J. Hopoate
Walker
Locke/T. Wright
Green
DCE
Lussick
Parcell
AFB
Taupau
Sironen
J. Trbojevic

Koroisau
Lawrence
Meehan
Lane/Brown/ Bainbridge

Of course if we pick up Whare for centre then Hoppa to bench instead of Lane/Brown/Bainbridge. Why Hoppa to centre? He's fairly fast but he may have a Matai type toughness about him that may be needed out wide. At present I cant see any other centre we have other than maybe Parker, who can fill the void.

Still got this feeling Taufua wont be at Manly next year. At this stage just to put the cat among the sea eagles what about this team if Stewart and Matai are unavailable

T. Trbojevic
Uate
J. Hopoate
Walker
Locke/T. Wright
Green
DCE
Lussick
Parcell
AFB
Taupau
Sironen
J. Trbojevic

Koroisau
Lawrence
Meehan
Lane/Brown/ Bainbridge

Of course if we pick up Whare for centre then Hoppa to bench instead of Lane/Brown/Bainbridge. Why Hoppa to centre? He's fairly fast but he may have a Matai type toughness about him that may be needed out wide. At present I cant see any other centre we have other than maybe Parker, who can fill the void.
From all that's been said, the club isn't wanting him gone but would not stand in his way should we have signed someone along the likes of dwz. So unless dwz orsomeone like him is signed he won't be gone, at least that's what i think

Until the Stewart (like the Matai) situation is resolved favourably, I can't see us troubling the top sides. That's the elephant in the room.

Either Stewart needs to be back within cooee of his best, or the contract needs to be somehow resolved so he's no longer in the top 25. Failing that, salary cap wise, it's like starting the preseason with a season ending injury to our best player.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11