Manly Sea Eagles' Brookvale Oval naming rights on agenda

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to see the new NRC rugby team based in Sydney's North (amalgamation of Manly, Warringah, Gordon & Northern Suburbs shute shield clubs) will use Brookvale Oval as their home ground. This surely gives even more relevance to Brookvale Oval being the premier sports ground in Sydney's North & can only help our push for the new grandstand (well I'm trying to be positive about this). :)

Yeah i dont mind selling the naming rights, if it secures the venue's future.

Fans will still call it names they are comfortable with. This year Canberra Stadium became GIO stadium canberra and i have not heard a single person call it by its new name.

As long as we dont end up with a stupid name like 1300 SMILES stadium.

Eagles2nv said:
As long as we dont end up with a stupid name like 1300 SMILES stadium
I wouldn't even care if it was Crazy John Stadium, we need 30mil and only have 10mil, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet ...

Mals said:
Good to see the new NRC rugby team based in Sydney's North (amalgamation of Manly, Warringah, Gordon & Northern Suburbs shute shield clubs) will use Brookvale Oval as their home ground. This surely gives even more relevance to Brookvale Oval being the premier sports ground in Sydney's North & can only help our push for the new grandstand (well I'm trying to be positive about this). :)

I didn't know that (because generally I care very little about rugby at any level), but that is good news. Much more likely to attract funding if it's a multi-use stadium. And yeah, as everyone else has said, selling the naming rights is a no-brainer if it means we get to keep playing there. Besides, it will ALWAYS be Brookvale Oval (or just "Brookie") to us, no matter what the sign says. I never even switched to "Brookvale PARK"…

No problem from me, but I'll never call it anything other than Brookie.
So, if the Council did earn some money from the name change, will they reduce the cost of hire? Will they reduce the cost of a ticket, which is now $32 to the Hill?
Do we really need more seats at Brookie? It seems that we are never at capacity these days, anyway.
How many seats do we need before the NRL allows Manly to play finals football there?

Mals said:

I doubt it as the existing grounds facilities will easily be able to cater for the three men and their dog that go and watch this rugby rubbish

globaleagle said:
..and gets Manly more $$$$. The fact it isn't named is probably an anomaly in professional sports stadium land.

GE, you sweet, simple Man :angel: you obviously don't know the history of our Warringah Council.

We are in the lead amongst Sydney Local Councils, for having been put under Administrators, due to bribery charges, 3 times! :sleepy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warringah_Council

The Naming rights + increased Rent + $1 ticket surcharge => Happy Warringah Council :cool:

The only positive for Manly is an upgraded seating area.
I honestly can not see them being financially rewarded in any way. :sleepy:

The Rate Payers of Warringah may get the $20 million Indoor Sporting Facility , adjacent to the Council, that they don't want though :dodgy:
http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/your-council/current-works-and-projects/dee-why-pcyc

I'm too drunk to argue, and cant remember posting that. But I agree....I am a sweet simple man.

Plus I came second in a snowboard race last week.

Go silvertails oval!

North Harbour Rays play out of Brookvale Oval
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/03/25/pulver-says-nrc-to-make-money-for-rugby/

All good in seeing Brookvale Oval being used more and hopefully using the corporate facilities which frankly gets used only 10 times a year.

If we can see the Mariners (A League soccer) getting a few games at Brookvale Oval, plus a possibly with Brookvale Oval being used for baseball comp in the summer months?? (if ever feasible) - then we truly would have a multi-purpose ground which surely warrants more funding for an upgrade?

Manly - 10 games at Brookie
North Harbour 5-6 games at Brookie
Mariners 2-3 games at Brookie

17-19 games at Brookie a season is sure to warrant an upgrade. The more teams playing here, the $$$ for the naming rights will rise!

Anyone know what the naming rights would be worth a season? $500,000?

I believe there will only be 4 home games for North Harbour at Brookie Oval during the NRC.

This is a no brainer. Other clubs have been selling their stadium naming rights for what about 10 years. Unless the Eagles just don't need the money, what's taken so long. The delay to do this is ludicrous.

Cliffy said:
This is a no brainer. Other clubs have been selling their stadium naming rights for what about 10 years. Unless the Eagles just don't need the money, what's taken so long. The delay to do this is ludicrous.

I think the naming rights deal is done with Warringah Council rather than Manly.

Sounds like the council don't want to pay a cent on brooky, even the nerve to whinge they may have to pay an extra $100k on up keep if the new stadium goes ahead. I am sure they will be happy to receive money from more revenue if brooky could hold more people, F..k w..ts,,,,,,Such ****e councillors should be shot. Ok at least thrown out of office.

Peter C said:
Cliffy said:

I think the naming rights deal is done with Warringah Council rather than Manly.

The complexity is that the land was left in Trust for the people of Manly-Warringah by the Try Family. The naming rights may have previously been seen as contravening the free enjoyment of the land by the Residents.

But yes, Warringah Council will continue to harass Manly with fees and charges :dodgy:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6