Manly Sea Eagles: Does the club need to relocate?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Are you serious? Logan? I'm sure there's plenty of local families, couples, individuals that are lovely people who live there but Logan is well known as the boganist area in SEQ. There's not a beach for many kilometres. It's inland with high crime and low socio economic cookie-cutter housing. From the beautiful northern beaches to Logan would be like moving from Kirribilli House to a flat on top of a fish and chip shop.
The mental health support people EQ get most of their business from Logan teachers.
Just not a good idea.
They're already dyed in the wool donkeys supporters anyway.
*Apologies to any that live there. I really don't mean to offend. Just comparing the area to one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Agree Logan isn’t great, Wynnum Manly Sea Eagles ( 10 minutes down the road for me).

Even still has the Manly name , and yes Manly does exist in QLD for those that don’t know!!

What a disgusting attitude by Peters. He's insinuating that the club is in trouble because crowds are low at Brookie!
Talk about failing to see the forest for the trees.
Low crowds are the result of disgraceful ownership, management and on-field performances.
In 72 years we've never lost six matches in succession at Brookie. Never in the history of the NRL has a team squandered such a commanding lead in just six minutes.
Rarely has a club had so much negative press because of off-the-field issues. When has Manly ever been so heavily fined for allegedly salary cap breaches? When has the club ever sold its soul so meekly to the gambling dollar? When has so much been promised about refurbishing Brookie for so little to show?
And this Blubbermouth is wailing about the owners losing money!
FFS sell up then Penns. Or go bankrupt, like the Titans and Newcastle did and who now are both ahead of us on the premiership ladder.
Trouble is, the NRL was not prepared to let an out of Sydney team like Newcastle or the Gold Coast die as they are part of their expansion plans, whereas they would welcome the death of a Manly or Cronulla which would then allow them to expand.
We have become irrelevant to the NRL, we have now the poorest supporter base in the game which will work against us, mind you Souths were in a similar situation and for them, getting expelled initially , turned out to be a blessing as it revived their supporter base.

Trouble is, the NRL was not prepared to let an out of Sydney team like Newcastle or the Gold Coast die as they are part of their expansion plans, whereas they would welcome the death of a Manly or Cronulla which would then allow them to expand.
We have become irrelevant to the NRL, we have now the poorest supporter base in the game which will work against us, mind you Souths were in a similar situation and for them, getting expelled initially , turned out to be a blessing as it revived their supporter base.

Wouldn’t happen with us, when we are gone we’ll be gone forever!!

Zorba has committed sacrilege by referring to our club as " that goddamn club "

It just doesn't sit well with me. I know we have some problems but he offers no solutions and in fact is the cause of many media leaks that backfire. For someone who is supposed to be advocating for the club in a positive manner, he sounds like a self serving, pessimistic, melodramatic, Greek politician. A career in Athens is beckoning..
Zorba is a boil on a boil of the arse of the club. He needs lancing. I know he's won a GF and played for us and all that but in the last 10 years he is at the centre of much of the crap we have had to deal with. I genuinely hate him. Hate is not a word I use lightly as clearly by the look of me you can see that I am a lover not a hater,

Agree Logan isn’t great, Wynnum Manly Sea Eagles ( 10 minutes down the road for me).

Even still has the Manly name , and yes Manly does exist in QLD for those that don’t know!!
Definitely better than Logan. I think the local team won QRL Premiership a few seasons ago too. But I think if a relocation was the last resort we shouldn't go anywhere near broncos territory. I personally don't want any of that Queensland mentality associated with Manly and I've lived here for over 20 years.
If Queensland had to happen I reckon the Sunshine Coast wouldn't be that bad. Beautiful beaches. Sun, sand and surf. Manly even won the QRL when they hooked up with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles some years ago when DCE was still in reggies.

10000 members $1000 each thats $10 million. Maybe its time to take control. I tip in half of that from interstate anyway for memberships.
Problem is, there is still the small issue of ongoing finance of the football operation. You can't expect it to make a profit or even break even.
There are plenty of examples (eg in European football) for successful private/public ownership models of footy teams. Manly wasn't doing so badly when we had something like that, with 2 private owners and the Football Club which had a meaningful presence at board level. We don't have that now, and the lack of community buy-in is starting to bite the Penn version of the Sea Eagles on the bum.

That's a disgraceful interview from peters. How can he so ignorant of the issues? How can he dissassociate himself from the club like that when some of the issues land squarely at his and his family's feet. He is just increasing the divide that exists between the owners and fans. this doesnt ingratiate the owners and their position to anyone.

Like any lap dog, Ritchie doesn't ask him any hard questions either.

The onus of ownership is to maintain and invest in your asset, not blame stakeholders you have continually cast aside for not sustaining YOUR investment.

THEY are the ones who havnt secured a Brookie upgrade
THEY are the ones who run a football department with the smallest budget in the league.
THEY are the ones who oversaw the mismanagement and potential Breaches of the salary cap.
THEY are the ones who negotiated the ground hire with the council
WE are the ones who have no control over any of this, yet get insulted for not contributing to the byproduct of the situation THEY have put us in.

He should get hauled over the coals for that interview, but I fear it was an approved agenda to be peddled by a big fat proxy.
How can he be so ignorant of the issues? FMD, he's an arrogant PIG.

Zorba is a boil on a boil of the arse of the club. He needs lancing. I know he's won a GF and played for us and all that but in the last 10 years he is at the centre of much of the crap we have had to deal with. I genuinely hate him. Hate is not a word I use lightly as clearly by the look of me you can see that I am a lover not a hater,
Are you sure you are not his love child? There is some resemblance ..

images.jpeg

• 🏆
Reactions: Ned
I remember that about souths. Part of what was published as a reason to abolish them was low crowds/poor fan base. How the tides have turned. Plenty of QLD cars have those silly bunny stickers on them.
Manly will have to find a different way though. Plenty has changed since then and the bunnies generated a huge following due to their underdog status. Records from the court cases could be helpful if things got messy for us.

Are you serious? Logan? I'm sure there's plenty of local families, couples, individuals that are lovely people who live there but Logan is well known as the boganist area in SEQ. There's not a beach for many kilometres. It's inland with high crime and low socio economic cookie-cutter housing. From the beautiful northern beaches to Logan would be like moving from Kirribilli House to a flat on top of a fish and chip shop.
The mental health support people EQ get most of their business from Logan teachers.
Just not a good idea.
*Apologies to any that live there. I really don't mean to offend. Just comparing the area to one of the most beautiful places in the country - the northern beaches.
So obviously a favourite holiday destination of yours Nicci??
You talk up Logan like Zorba talks up Manly lol..
Anyway I won't be going there in a hurry.
The dogs and tigers game got a similar crowd but was posted higher.
The rorters constantly get similar crowds but post higher.
Brookie has regularly appeared to have a higher crowd than what is posted in recent years. Certainly the Penn years.
Zorba is a treacherous ars*hole and Richie is just a media p*ssboy who will write anything he's told to.
Poor old deano just can't crack it for a proper media gig outside his dribble in the telecrap aside from an obscure podcast or his low rent appearance on 2KY so he'll obviously help ztc out to send his message.
Zorbas rubbish is designed as a punishment threat.
Like a teacher to the kindergarten class.
Turn up or no playtime.
Well I reckon go ahead and do it you fat turd.
Stop talking it up and get your boss to do it.
Sell or relocate.
Let's see what you do.
It's f*cked as it is and getting f*ckeder under your stewardship !!!

Just not a good idea.
*Apologies to any that live there. I really don't mean to offend. Just comparing the area to one of the most beautiful places in the country - the northern beaches.
https://thewest-com-au.cdn.ampproje...years-over-domestic-terror-plot-ng-b88913393z

Logan's more of a Bulldog sort of place..

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
So obviously a favourite holiday destination of yours Nicci??
You talk up Logan like Zorba talks up Manly lol..
Anyway I won't be going there in a hurry.
Lol just as you post there's a news bulletin about a Logan man accused of Terrorism.
Just speaking from a beach lovers point of view. Though I'm 1000k away I still love those beautiful beaches and the Brookie hill.

Just not a good idea.

Of course I'm serious. Very, very serious. Which glamours area do you live in?

Lol just as you post there's a news bulletin about a Logan man accused of Terrorism.
Just speaking from a beach lovers point of view. Though I'm 1000k away I still love those beautiful beaches and the Brookie hill.
Lol yeah I've ah........
Past through similar places to which you speak.
Hurriedly.
So my car doesn't end up on blocks!!

Of course I'm serious. Very, very serious. Which glamours area do you live in?
Lol near where I work in dilapidated Government housing in a two-horse town. Actually I think there's only one horse?
Time off is on the GC.
I know of Logan reasonably well. It's mentioned as a no-go area for teachers by mental health professionals. The suburb also featured heavily on Paul Fenech's 'Bogan Hunters' in 2014.
Partly bogan myself. No glamour in my life at all. My heart is still at Freshie beach.
Like I said, not meant to offend.

Last edited:
Just not a good idea.
But isn’t Cam Smith from Logan if we moved there maybe he could be captain-coach

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10