Manly Sea Eagles: Does the club need to relocate?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hang on with the relocation BS. No, Brookvale is our spiritual ground. I have no interest in the Wellington or Perth Sea-Eagles. They can go fukc themselves. And how does relocation work exactly. If you play like a steaming turd, do you seriously think people will turn up and say yeah, nah, bit stiff this week? Needs to be a bit of bloody perspective. To use the modern vernacular, give me a bloody ‘product’. And don’t start me on those sterile sh*thole stadiums that attract 6,000 in a 40,000 Stadium. It’s a joke and an embarrassment with zero atmosphere. Relocation my arse! That is not the solution.

Last edited:
This certainly does look as if the Penns' endgame has just reared its ugly head (and when Zorba is your mouthpiece, I do mean "ugly head")…
Attendances are down across the board because, as a "product", the NRL sucks (thanks, Toddy!) Attendances at Brookvale, specifically, are down, because the club is currently a shambles and the team is a horrendously unfunny joke. I can barely bring myself to watch them on TV. You think I'm going to pay good money to endure the pain these clowns inflict in person?

There will be NO relocation. Penns will sell the license and we will disappear. The 200kg whiteant just said it.

The end game, and no doubt there’d be money in it, I’m sure the NRL will come to the party as they want less Sydney clubs so there’s your answer right there!!

FMD, that’s deflating

And another thing. Why do we need to be like the fkn Yanks and break and relocate everything. See it everyday in this country history being dismantled. Why can’t we be civilized like the Europeans and preserve and respect history???!!! Christ we have gone down the wrong path. Lived in the US 1991-93 and boy have we followed everything wrong they have done. Could see it happening a mile off.

Did someone say Rat Park..?

Anyway, whatever you think of Zorba, this is true:

"What does the NRL do about trying to look at a way through for the most successful club of the modern era?" Peters asked.

"We're not talking about a club that doesn't have a history of success. The NRL doesn't seem to want to do anything.

"They need to sit down with the club and work their way through it. Don't let a great club wither on the vine and die."

The NRL will happily let that happen.
For a clueless goat like ZtH to sprout for years that we thrive on being hated, then complain that the NRL won’t help them out when the organisation is in dire straits (largely of his extended family’s own making) - what’s that about ‘reaping what you sow?’

Because of the likes of you and the wheezy overblown twaddle you have peddled for at least the last 40 years, not many other fans will care if Manly go Zorba.

Idiot.

The end game, and no doubt there’d be money in it, I’m sure the NRL will come to the party as they want less Sydney clubs so there’s your answer right there!!

FMD, that’s deflating

There is no money in anything Greenberg does. The NRL coffers are empty and they can’t even get a bank loan approved.

Relocation won’t make money. The cost of relocation and building the ‘brand’ will cost more than a Brookvale upgrade. The deluded pricks think they are the equal of the AFL or the might of world soccer. They are at Basketball level, and that’s it. The pot of goal at the end of their expansion plans...pigs arse! It’s little inadequate boys destroying a once proud and well supported code.

What are these fools trying to achieve with that dribble - is that a clumsy attempt at trying to embarrass fans into turning up to the last couple of home games ?? or do these muppets really believe that the crowd numbers are solely due to Brookie conditions and not related to the basket case the club has become on and off the field.

I'll await Lyall Gormless' response admonishing these pair of sausage roll eaters - then we'll know whether there is an agenda afoot.

What are these fools trying to achieve with that dribble - is that a clumsy attempt at trying to embarrass fans into turning up to the last couple of home games ?? or do these muppets really believe that the crowd numbers are solely due to Brookie conditions and not related to the basket case the club has become on and off the field.

I'll await Lyall Gormless' response admonishing these pair of sausage roll eaters - then we'll know whether there is an agenda afoot.
You know what, due to Zorba's sausage roll remark dissing the fans, I think we really need a giant "Sausage roll eaters Hill" banner for home games. Maybe with a photo of Zorbs stuffing food down his neck under the writing.
Would at least be funny.:D

Unfortunately any relocation would incorporate a name change.

Ultimately the best thing would be to broaden our area and take the Central Coast under our banner. With the Blacktown area and the Central Coast that would make a pretty tidy nursery. The downside to that is that the obvious name would be the Northern Sea Eagles or similar. Divide the games between Brookvale, The Central Coast and the SFS for the big ones.

The core of the problem is that the club is privately owned and at the mercy of the owner. The Penn's have injected millions of dollars into this club and I expect they now want some back. It also appears that they don't want to give up total control of the current model thus the statements we are not for sale. Why not do a Barcelona FC and float the club as a public company and make the world wide fans and financial supporters the owners. If you can't make it work alone why allow it do die! Face the music and save our once great club!!!

If Manly let's say relocated or force to merge again I'll be done with NRL and League in general. Hopefully the idoits in charge sell the license if its losing money.

I've just read that garbage piece from Ritchie & Peters. I'm sure those 2 Morons read these forums to gain "insight" into what the fans think, well here it is;

1. Yes the Penn Family have invested millions into the Manly Club. Thank you, it's greatly appreciated. However, their level of mismanagement can't be overlooked. They got Bozo to effectively run the club on their behalf but it was a disaster. They tried to hire decent CEO's but they weren't prepared to tolerate, not only Bozo but ultimately the Penns dithering. Zorba is also a huge part of the problem. He says he's got the clubs best interests at heart. However in reality, its his back stabbing & undermining of those that don't suit his personal agenda, that is doing more harm to the club he falsely claims he loves.
2. Ritchie isn't interested in a balanced perspective or even the actual truth. As long as he can file a story & get paid, he's happy to swallow whatever rubbish Zorba feeds him. Perhaps he should stick to shmoozing on the Hill at Melwood on a Saturday afternoon & actually listen to what real supporters have to say.
3. They may hire a new coach for next season but it will only make up for their initial mistake of hiring the wrong person in the first place. Another example of mismanagement.,
4. The only real way the clubs fortunes will be turned around is a change of ownership. Sadly, I can't see how that's going to happen.

Maybe i have not been keeping up with latest developments but according to Gorman some time ago , isn"t there still a Brookie redevelopment draft proposal under consideration by the relevant stakeholders [ and particularly the local council ] . Also apparently still that 10 mil in already allocated funds is parked somewhere and designated specifically for ground upgrades . [ not sure if the revamped score board was sourced from this . ] Any relocation anywhere would essentially represent the end of the Manly Sea Eagles in every shape and form as it would also invariably entail the relinquishing of the franchise licence . Maybe some dissatisfaction with the present Manly administration and whether completely justified or not , is contributing to the present poor home ground attendances but the indifferent and generally very ordinary form of the i st grade side would of course be factor number one . Fickle fan mentality , most likely , and no doubt a better performing and more consistent season results would change this situation [ probably does not reflect well on some of the local fan base but such is life ] I also thought that Peters was leaving or vacating his position on the club administration next year so this may defuse some current fan resentment or dissatisfaction . Not too sure how much more in dollar term improvements would make Brookie more appealing to help restore some better home crowds but again of course a better performing i st grade side certainly would . I am sure that any club sale in the near or even longer term future can be ruled out , the new 13 mil grant format for the clubs should help in operational costs but no amount of additional staff or even facilities is going to improve ist grade performances , that has to come from the existing player group and any incidental better coaching input . Tooves and Des will not be returning in any coaching capacity , Barrett will almost certainly be the main coach for next season unless some of the rumours about some Panthers deal actually has some credibility . If the home crowds do not improve for whatever reason , play some more ist grade at Gosford but hopefully again a better performing i st grade side will bring the crowds back to Brookie again

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10