Manly Sea Eagles face huge test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last time we played the bunnies , we couldnt even string a proper attacking kick at the end of our tackle count, our attack options were poor , we had injuries and we have changed dramatically as a football team since then.

Yes , we have played weaker teams these last few weeks , but we did put them to the sword...

this is a tough game , but this team can win playing good football..

i do think Manly will win , our defense is still getting better while our attack has improved greatly since mid season...

lets not forget it was 2 nil at half time last time we played , we got smashed with the penalty count when it mattered and one missed tackle which led to the Inglis try which was the turning point...

also the bunnies were at their best that night while we were day dreaming...

confident we will win.. and say we dont , top 4 is in the bag and semis are a different game..

good luck fellow supporters and the Manly boys this week.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
No, a loss to the bunnies will be 1 win from the last 5. and they will be Officially Choking.

Did you classify Manly as choking when we were losing without Stewart? Souths have been losing without their best player in Inglis. Just like we did.

mickqld said:
Masked Eagle said:
We don't have to win, just like when we played against Melbourne prior to the 08 finals and got beat. The circumstances of that game meant we all knew we could beat them. A regular season win might mean something but at the end of the day, all finals games start 0-0 and because the refs will ref the game differently, what happened previously doesn't really play too much of a factor. A good coach will use those results to his advantage no matter what happened. There is the psychology part and then there is the tactical side of things. How you learn from it means more in finals than the 2 competition points won on the day.

You don't think that at this stage of the season a demoralising 20+ point loss wouldn't stall the momentum of a team ?
Let's go for 40-0

Agree with Garts.We were very ordinary without Stewart as they have been without GI.

I find it strange not many on here seem to think losing choc will be an issue in beating the bunnies. Choc is an out and out legend who revels in these tough contests.It also exposes our average bench without Tom Symonds.To be honest I find it surprising that we are favourites with GI in and Choc out.

If both sides field their best side in a semi final clash it is a toss of the coin with GI maybe being the difference.

mickqld said:
Masked Eagle said:
We don't have to win, just like when we played against Melbourne prior to the 08 finals and got beat. The circumstances of that game meant we all knew we could beat them. A regular season win might mean something but at the end of the day, all finals games start 0-0 and because the refs will ref the game differently, what happened previously doesn't really play too much of a factor. A good coach will use those results to his advantage no matter what happened. There is the psychology part and then there is the tactical side of things. How you learn from it means more in finals than the 2 competition points won on the day.

You don't think that at this stage of the season a demoralising 20+ point loss wouldn't stall the momentum of a team ?

Possibly, but its not a given. A big win to the bunnies could see them complacent come the finals. I'd back the professionalism of our players and coaching staff to be able to put past results behind them and infact if our players are half the men I'd expect they are then a drubbing would only serve as an even great motivation. Tooves has widely mentioned the embarrassment of our loss in the finals series last year is motivation for this season.

The result will only make a difference if it means the players believe we can't beat them because they are better than us, no matter how well we play.

susan said:
I find it strange not many on here seem to think losing choc will be an issue in beating the bunnies. Choc is an out and out legend who revels in these tough contests.

I personally think Choc is a massive loss and significantly affects our chances. Would be more confident if he was playing. Hence my statement earlier in the week that I thought he would play, 'cause as you said, he lives for these contests.

Clint said:
susan said:
I find it strange not many on here seem to think losing choc will be an issue in beating the bunnies. Choc is an out and out legend who revels in these tough contests.

I personally think Choc is a massive loss and significantly affects our chances. Would be more confident if he was playing. Hence my statement earlier in the week that I thought he would play, 'cause as you said, he lives for these contests.

He is a huge loss. I think he's our best forward and arguably in the top 2-3 forwards in the game for the impact they have on both sides of the ball. That being said, I can usually talk myself around to us winning on the weekend no matter what the circumstances are.

I would already be convinced we are going to win if Choc was named

Maybe i'll be more confident tomorrow arvo!

Choc is a huge loss but so is Burgess for the Bunnies. With any luck it'll level out.
I'll be happy win, lose or draw if we just play with a bit of composure. Last year (and earlier this year) we were a little "deer in the headlights" in all the big/hyped games we played. We were guilty of poor options in attack and too much aggression in defence - almost as if the emotion got the better of us. If the boys are relaxed we'll be hard to beat.

Earlier in the year after 5 rounds we'd only conceded 5 tries. At that stage we were the headlights not the deer. More of that defence will win us the big games.

Really looking forward to Foz taking control in this one. His charges and slight of hand passing need to shine in this. Little kicks, changes of direction and running to the line will have them guessing. It's time for Foz to REALLY shine in a big one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8