Post-Game Discussion Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
32 4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Performance against the Panthers was probably the benchmark level for Manly to be serious contenders
.Not quite at that level last night but in the patches that mattered , certainly showed enough .
Still had that 2 point lead when Sivo had his brain snap so were well within range to securing the win at that juncture .
Probably need a bit more variety with 2 nd plays or something of this nature , similar to how the Eels were exploiting some shaky edge Manly defence Really will have to counteract better [ some of the edge defence ] against sides like the Broncs and Storm . They are a bit more unrelenting and Manly 's still most obvious weakness .
Middle defence in contrast continues to be fairly solid .
Attack a bit wayward especially in the i st 20 or so but somehow got a bit of fluency going to score some quite impressive tries . Plus Garrick's top line kicking to really bolster things along
Certainly was not looking great at half time and maybe Seibold "s half time talk got them into a better and more settled mindset .
Hope that Saab can keep his good form level going , really making a positive difference .
Lodge should have more to offer and upside , not sure what the selection thinking will be when Sipley is available again .
Sure that Haumole can still be utilized a bit better with his timing in attack but still obviously very solid
. What a skillful play by Brown to put Jake into the clear [ bet Jake appreciated that opportunity ] and the support play apart from D C E , good to see also .
Was not always assured but pretty handy win .
Onwards and upward hopefully

That 2nd Parramatta try was brilliant. Well thought out. I know, I know, Parramatta are sh*t but it is a great move .
Exactly.. no team can stop every point being scored against them. And then there's the bounce of the ball or a blatant bad ref's call that cost you points.
I just think some people over react to the boys having points scored against them.. go back and look at the posts before half time.. so called "supporters".
Real fans support their team through thick and thin...win or lose.
We all want to win so why would they think the players wouldn't????.
Go Manly!

That 2nd Parramatta try was brilliant. Well thought out. I know, I know, Parramatta are sh*t but it is a great move .
Exactly.. no team can stop every point being scored against them. And then there's the bounce of the ball or a blatant bad ref's call that cost you points.
I just think some people over react to the boys having points scored against them.. go back and look at the posts before half time.. so called "supporters".
Real fans support their team through thick and thin...win or lose.
We all want to win so why would they think the players wouldn't????.
Go Manly!
It’s not “ the Slime “
It’s not “ Doesn’tmatta”
It’s not the “Squeals”

No they’ve got a new name now

“ The Flappers “

**** me , every single tackle that cat Gutho or others , flapping their arms , whinging to the ref , trying to get a penalty on EVERY single play.

Maybe if they spent less time flapping and more time playing they’d win some games.
Master coach Barrett must be imparting his wisdom .. 😂🤣

That’s my take, I believe we’ve changed the way we play so it’s not as reliant on Turbo. Smart coaching.
Yeah we have strike all around so Turbo doesn't have to carry the team and bust himself. Not sure I agree with all these turbo comments. 15 runs for 156m 1lb 2lba and 1 try is elite. He is probably having more of an impact off the ball. Luke Brooks being able to step off his left foot inside into a hole is enabled by turbo lurking out the back where he has probably tracked from the other side of the field the play before. His work off the ball is phenomenal. Its not v'landyball anymore can't expect that kind of impact from turbo

DCE & Guac both got 2 weeks.
Ludicrous. 1 player involved wouldn't get 4 weeks for that. Both getting 2 weeks is complete bull****. The tackle mechanism was the same as brooks tackle on Matterson Lane is just so dumb he thought landing on his head would cushion the blow

The game was a contest with 10 minutes to go
and the more disciplined team lead by the Mercurial Maroon Veteran Leader DCE won the game

Ludicrous. 1 player involved wouldn't get 4 weeks for that. Both getting 2 weeks is complete bull****. The tackle mechanism was the same as brooks tackle on Matterson Lane is just so dumb he thought landing on his head would cushion the blow
And sivo only gets a fine
Just a joke of a decision
Sivo should get 2 week's as well

A win's a win and I'll take it but that was ugly

We were saved by Sivo being an idiot and Parra not converting a single try

Our defense is not where it needs to be, we haven't conceded less than three tries for any game this year

1714202517232.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10