Manly Sea Eagles players and officials investigated over missing mobile phones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a load of crap this story is.

First up, give our club some credit. Ok, there may be power struggles, and football related issues, but the media tried to point the illegal substance issue our way, and that was found completely unfounded.

The media had Brett Stewart, hung, drawn and quartered before trial (remember Rebecca Wilson demanding on the Football Show that Brett Stewart be stood down immediately?), and that was found completely unfounded.

Now, Adrian Proszenko is reporting that players earning 250k plus in salary, would potentially throw away their careers and salaries, by knowingly accepting 1,000 dollar phones? In a year we won a Grand Final and bonuses would have been paid?

Want to know something guys? A player who is still around the team, from our 2008 Grand Final Winning team is a customer of mine. He told me explicitly, the media stuff about the team, and in particular Anthony Watmough is complete bull****. This is from the horses mouth. He had a beer with him about a month ago. Take that as you will. Said the players are sick of it.

I think Adrian is "implying" something in that article. The one sentence about the players just being witnesses does not placate implication, and I think the club should seek compensation if not found to be guilty of such. There is no justification to write an article in this tone.

Why finish it by re-hashing negatives? To imply is the reason why.

Ho hum Adrian you have used the standard template for writing a story about Manly... However, I do like the use of big words such as schism :dodgy:

Mention board room disputes - tick.
Mention the halves pairing coming off contract in 2016 - tick.
Mention issues between some players and management - tick.
Mention Glenn Stewart not being offered a contract causing unrest - tick.
Mention Anthony Watmough signing with the Eels - tick.
Mention Steve Matai wanting a release - tick.
Mention Brett Stewart wanting a release - tick.

I thought i was the only person that kept a phone that long. Geez the police were quick with this one. Didnt customs take most manly phones a year ago after going to NZ for the asada .

Six years ago.

Phonegate!

We have the middle-eastern task force

We have the Asian task force.

And now we are going to have a police 'phonegate' task force to chase up the missing 100 phones of six years ago.

It seems just about every morning I wake up to a news story about bullet-holes in people's houses or shootings in various parks. Gang warfare and other ethnic groups hating each other and WASP's alike.

Amazing use of Police resources and time - well done NSW Government.

Anyway I do support our elected officials - so well done.

Should I even waste my time reading this ?

I suspect not.

Maybe I'll look at it next time I'm on hold to Optus or Telstra.

This clown is clearly bored off his dial.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4