Manly Sea Eagles to expand Brookvale Oval with new 4000-seat grandstand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stop picking on Pizza Pizzas.

You know....every now and then I hear things and think "why didn't I think of that before??"

This was one of those times.

Pizza Pizza's lol!

truTV1.png

err...edit: Ok...another piece about the development. Are we all a bit numb to these announcements? I mean this sounds kinda similar to other "artist impression" announcements in the past.

Also: A pity that an announcement of this magnitude wasn't done via email to the members. Would've been a nice touch and it would ramp up the 'communicates with members' button.

But Kelly said this:
“We have never had any other plans than being at Brookie. I’d like to think this will allay any fears for fans and members.

Penn family, and the club, remain 100 per cent committed to Brookvale Oval now and long-term.

“We have never had another plan and any suggestion to the contrary is totally false."
-----------------------------------

False....except for you know, that time recently when they asked the MWRLFC to change their constitution to remove the restrictions keeping Manly games at Brookie.

Except for that time.

Last edited:
I thought the big issue was the lack of corporate facilities....does this do anything to solve that?

There have been more plans for Brookie than there were for the D-Day invasion.

One day one of them might actually be on the mark.......
I believe there is a giant inflatable stand people have been spying on somewhere near Dover

All the Penn Hateing narks won't be happy with this news - what will the next conspiracy be?
This is the original 2010 design, if you check the Council site - fact@:cool:

The Penn's 32 storey 'pie in the sky' development, is what has delayed this for 8 years, if in fact it will be built by 2018 :mad:

What an absolute disgrace. the Penns have designed this explicitly so it will be rejected so they can relocate the club. Damn those evil Penns!!!!!!!!!! This has been a part of their dastardly plan from the moment they started pouring millions into the club.

My biggest issue is removing part of the hill, tickets to this stand will be priced at the same price as the Jane Try stand and will likely be reserved. Looks like you will no longer be able to get a good spot with GA tickets.

And with my group Reserved is a bad option, we have some mates who can only make it to a few games a year, if the rest of us are in Reserved seating they won't be able to be in the same area as us.

This story is pure 'spin'. Very few facts, ie. How much will the stand cost? $10-M won't cover one-third of it. So, where is that money coming from?
When will plans be lodged? It says construction woukld start in 2016 or 2017... Big difference.
Also, if that CGI is accurate it looks too small to contain 4,000 seats.

My biggest issue is removing part of the hill, tickets to this stand will be priced at the same price as the Jane Try stand and will likely be reserved. Looks like you will no longer be able to get a good spot with GA tickets.

And with my group Reserved is a bad option, we have some mates who can only make it to a few games a year, if the rest of us are in Reserved seating they won't be able to be in the same area as us.
Can't you buy a season ticket then resell your seats to games you can't attend? Pretty sure you can do that...

Each year myself and daughters travel about 1500K to sit right in the middle of the hill so it's a bit sad to lose it BUT whatever it takes to keep us at the fortress must happen. Brookie Forever. @bones love your idea for a Toovey stand. I hope the stand name goes to vote before opening.
Also hope it's not named something ridiculous after a sponsor like The Dolmio Extra Chunky and Delicious stand.

What an absolute disgrace. the Penns have designed this explicitly so it will be rejected so they can relocate the club. Damn those evil Penns!!!!!!!!!! This has been a part of their dastardly plan from the moment they started pouring millions into the club.
No, they designed it to build on land they don't own and retain full private (not by MSE Franchise) ownership of the buildings. $$$$$$

Last edited:
All the Penn Hateing narks won't be happy with this news - what will the next conspiracy be?
That it will never be bullt because $10m won't be enough

And the fans will spew because they are losing their hill

Lets hope they don't bulld it with chinese steel if zorba sits there

That it will never be bullt because $10m won't be enough

And the fans will spew because they are losing their hill

Lets hope they don't bulld it with chinese steel if zorba sits there
Probably a good time to do it - spot price of ore is still around $51 bucks, with low grade in the mid $40's. Get the whole stand made in China for maybe a thousand bucks haha....

$10 million is enough for that, but I find it quite underwhelming and hope that it looks better if it actually happens.
I know it sucks to lose great GA spots but almost all stadiums in the nrl get to charge good money for seats at the halfway line. Our home ground might hold great sentimentality to us but quite frankly it's a **** stadium that costs the club a lot of money. I don't want to move but if nothing changes we are in serious ****.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4