Manly Sea Eagles V Parramatta Eels [Round 21 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mals said:
bones said:
For those interested, there is a group of us meeting at the Royal Exhibition Hotel (86 Chalmers Street) opposite Central Station at midday on Saturday. Plan is to have a few drinks there before jumping on a train and heading out to some more pubs at Parramatta before making our way to the Parramatta Leagues club and then finally the game. All welcome to join us. The more the merrier.

Damn if I didn't have to juggle my kids & a few other things on Sat arvo I'd be in... :(

Hika could well replace Matai... Tooves may well be foxing about Steve's hip & ankle. Cherry seemed to be running pretty freely when he scored late in the game.

Thats sounds like an impressive trick to see, you should get a run for half time entertainment.

1. Jake Mullaney 2. Ken Sio 3. Ryan Morgan 4. Willie Tonga 5. Semi Radradra 6. Api Pewhairangi 7. Ben Roberts 8. Tim Mannah (c) 9. Matt Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Reni Maitua 12. Daniel Harrison 13. Darcy Lussick
Interchange: 14. Joseph Paulo 15. Peni Terepo 16. Mitch Allgood 17. Junior Paulo

Eagles2nv said:
Tooves has named a 19 Man squad, with Hiku at 19.

Do you think there is a chance that Daly or Skivvy are injured and tooves wants to rest them??

Both were carrying injuries against tigpies.

Would be a good idea to rest them both. Choc as well if we can.

mickqld said:
For anyone, particularly the younger generation, thinking about feeling slightly sorry for the struggling eels just remember this. 1982 and 1983 Grand finals as well as the smashing they gave us in the 2005 semi final, our first semi since 1998 after we emerged from the dark days of N.E. 1983 GF is etched in my memory as one of the worst days of Manly's history. I will always hate Parra no matter how piss poor they are.

Not to mention (ok I will) some very unsavoury moments out at Parra stadium. The good news is we will win by 30+

Berkeley_Eagle said:
1. Jake Mullaney 2. Ken Sio 3. Ryan Morgan 4. Willie Tonga 5. Semi Radradra 6. Api Pewhairangi 7. Ben Roberts 8. Tim Mannah (c) 9. Matt Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Reni Maitua 12. Daniel Harrison 13. Darcy Lussick
Interchange: 14. Joseph Paulo 15. Peni Terepo 16. Mitch Allgood 17. Junior Paulo

This has to be close to be the weakest NRL side ever.

ManlyBacker said:
mickqld said:
For anyone, particularly the younger generation, thinking about feeling slightly sorry for the struggling eels just remember this. 1982 and 1983 Grand finals as well as the smashing they gave us in the 2005 semi final, our first semi since 1998 after we emerged from the dark days of N.E. 1983 GF is etched in my memory as one of the worst days of Manly's history. I will always hate Parra no matter how piss poor they are.

Not to mention (ok I will) some very unsavoury moments out at Parra stadium. The good news is we will win by 30+

yes that 2005 semi was horrible, so many of us travelled over there excited to finally be back in the finals after so bloody long. Only to see them tear us apart and then Tahu do a "slam dunk" on the cross bar as a try celebration.........

Still we effectively still get all their best players and them our worst

I saw a bit of last week's game, and was surprised how bad Fui looked. He used to be incredibly hard to stop, and in that game he was easy meat. He may have played a season too long, or he's injured, or disinterested. Mannah is their only real established 1st grader.

I dunno why all the complacency? This game is crucial cause we have a very tough finish with souths, storm,raiders,warriors panthers all hot teams. we could lose most if not all those games. This is a must win cause its all down hill from here. Also i remember going to a manly wests game at lidcombe when i was a kid and manly were coming 1st and the magpies last and i was laughing with my wests friends it could be 50 nil and we lost.

Dan said:
ManlyBacker said:
mickqld said:

yes that 2005 semi was horrible, so many of us travelled over there excited to finally be back in the finals after so bloody long. Only to see them tear us apart and then Tahu do a "slam dunk" on the cross bar as a try celebration.........

Still we effectively still get all their best players and them our worst

From a positive angle, it was the first tangible step in a journey back to the top. The first of what looks like being 9 finals campaigns in succession. At that semi we had a family behind us (mum, dad and a boy and girl about 10 to 13 yrs old). They were all such smart arses throughout the match that we ended up giving them a gobful near the end when we finished with a few tries late. It was very amusing when the slimes choked in week 3 against the Cows. Over the years since I often thought how nice it would be to have a chat with them about their 27 years of waiting. We went to the depths and still fought our way back to win premierships before they have.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I think Semi Radradra will be seing alot of traffic coming his way in this game...maybe our right hand side was resting up against the tigpies in order to conserve energy for the pending onlslaught coming down his was this Saturday.

Was there for the "Jamie Lyon return to parra" game.... will never have sympathy for the eels fans, no matter how badly they are going.

dowdz said:
Eagles2nv said:
Tooves has named a 19 Man squad, with Hiku at 19.

Do you think there is a chance that Daly or Skivvy are injured and tooves wants to rest them??

Both were carrying injuries against tigpies.

Would be a good idea to rest them both. Choc as well if we can.

You obviously don't have a crunch Supercoach game to win!

Terry-Randal said:
I dunno why all the complacency? This game is crucial cause we have a very tough finish with souths, storm,raiders,warriors panthers all hot teams. we could lose most if not all those games. This is a must win cause its all down hill from here. Also i remember going to a manly wests game at lidcombe when i was a kid and manly were coming 1st and the magpies last and i was laughing with my wests friends it could be 50 nil and we lost.

Although the clash between us and parra could easily turn into a similar second-rounder like it was with the tigers, we still have tough ones to get past starting with round 22. The Warriors. The two hardest ones: Souths and Storm. :s

And speaking of Melbourne Storm, we have third spot to maintain so we don't go backwards and let them leapfrog us. If we go backwards it might not be fourth spot we park ourselves in. I just checked the fixtures for round 21. Apparently there's going to be two games, both involving top 8 sides.

Bulldogs will clash against the Dragons so it's not hard to figure out that the Bulldogs will have that game sealed. It just depends on what happens in the two top 8 games and, the rounds that will follow, where Manly will finish prior to the finals if it's not third or fourth spots.

Shoe1 said:
I saw a bit of last week's game, and was surprised how bad Fui looked. He used to be incredibly hard to stop, and in that game he was easy meat. He may have played a season too long, or he's injured, or disinterested. Mannah is their only real established 1st grader.

I just think he is a reflection of the side in general. Earlier in the season when they had the Samoa/Tonga game fui was on fire he was one of the best forwards in the game. I think the crud is getting to him. A couple of years ago he would have been wise to move to a better team and I think he would be a far better player at this stage of his career

So since we have a couple of people in the Toovey thread knocking our coach
What would you classify as a pass mark in this game

Terry-Randal said:

If it's all downhill I don't know what you are worried about

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So since we have a couple of people in the Toovey thread knocking our coach
What would you classify as a pass mark in this game

No SEND OFFS!
and a 4 try to 1 victory.

A pass mark in this game is to see us conceed 2 tries or less. Unless the pink clowns blow the pee out of the whistle we should score at least 5 tries so it would be good to see us defend a bit better than last few weeks.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6