Manly season over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our roster isn't that bad on paper. Its their failure to combine on field, to put any mongrel or enthusiasm into it. Barrett is turning out to be a hopeless motivator. Its partly because he is NOT MANLY and seems to have no awareness that there are serious things wrong. We play the ball so slowly, we are easily held down. The refs allow this cause they hate Manly.

The forwards are playing like pussy cats for significant stretches of the matches. The backline fails to combine at a first grade standard. Yes some of them are injured / old. But still on paper they could be so much more.

To re-enthuse Stewart, give him some quality ball when he his on the charge through a gap. This means someone will actually have to pay attention to where he is and ACTUALLY PASS IT TO HIM. Then he will reward back with renewed beautiful backline sweep plays that are needed, cause our backline play HAS NOTHING ELSE at the moment. DCE out for 4wks.

Barrett seems blissfully unaware of what combining a team means. His experiment with Dylan failed , and the club's experiment / gamble with him has failed.
Yes it does have a suspicious look about it. The whole set up: The dismissal of Toovey who was wrongly blamed for the Gifty situ. The gamble taken on Barrett. The desperation to keep DCE and recruit old man. Yes our 2016 we will finish 12-14th.
Dessie is renewing contract at Dogs. leaving only Cleary, Taylor or praps Beaver as any kind choice.

Too laid back and happy the Beaver to do a thankless job like that and to be honest I can think of no one who has a personality less suited to coaching.

All this stuff that the coach has to be a Manly man is fine but that only works if there is someone available with the coaching credentials and the desire to do the job. Cleary is the only possible Manly connected person who would be in the frame.

As for Brett needing to be "re-enthused" so he can "reward" his team mates with some effort to earn his 650k per year that says more about him than Barrett.

Last edited:
I think Barrett deserves another year, he has come in to a team with players who are ageing in key positions. We have had injuries all year and have had some of the shortest turn arounds early on. If you look at the Broncos they had players who have he short turn around from origin and they lost to the Warriors.
I think we need a second rower and prop with strike power as well as a winger to replace turbo who moves to fullback

I think Barrett deserves another year, he has come in to a team with players who are ageing in key positions. We have had injuries all year and have had some of the shortest turn arounds early on. If you look at the Broncos they had players who have he short turn around from origin and they lost to the Warriors.
I think we need a second rower and prop with strike power as well as a winger to replace turbo who moves to fullback
I think he should be gone.. We need a real coach not a wanna be. He has offered Jack **** so far and I can't see it getting better.

@Jerry1 ... Des also seemed to offer Jack **** in his first year or two and look how that turned out.

I'm not trying to defend Barrett, but this season has been a cluster fvck with injuries. Though it hasn't been helped by a few rookie selection mistakes.

Bloody hell, remember when Sam Harris was the great white hope??

Yikes!

Yes it does have a suspicious look about it. The whole set up: The dismissal of Toovey who was wrongly blamed for the Gifty situ. The gamble taken on Barrett. The desperation to keep DCE and recruit old man. Yes our 2016 we will finish 12-14th.
Dessie is renewing contract at Dogs. leaving only Cleary, Taylor or praps Beaver as any kind choice.

Yes I suspect B. Fulton will be the next coach at this rate.

I was just thinking gee the NRL was be delightedly sitting back watching this self-implosion of Manly. They didn't even have to really do anything to help it along...
I bet they are rubbing their hands and with a guttoral growl (think lord of the rings) muttering "licenssse" licenssssse" "my licensssssssssse"!!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7