Manly See Red Over Blake Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
So let’s look at the article.

1. It is a Danny special
2. There are no direct quotes from Green
3. Even then the “article” infers it is the manager pushing an agenda not necessarily the player

The calls to let him rot in reserve grade etc are just ridiculous...and it amazes me how selective people are when it comes to what they believe in the media

I think we should cut our losses and release Green now. We do not need a player who wants to play elsewhere and we have options moving forward to fill the 5/8 position.

People forget that in 2011, Foran was a 20-year-old rookie and no one could be sure that he was going to have the season he had. I would rather Manly play Jackson Hastings or bring in either Metcalfe or Tom Wright and blood them into the team.

I would rather the club use the money for Greens contract and sign a second rower or goal kicking outside back, which we really need!

1. It is a Danny special
3. Even then the “article” infers it is the manager pushing an agenda not necessarily the player

The calls to let him rot in reserve grade etc are just ridiculous...and it amazes me how selective people are when it comes to what they believe in the media
Yeah not sure this has been simmering for while

1. It is a Danny special

Exactly!!

Remember also its been written by a journo......hello!

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
**** I don't know why Manly went searching for another 5/8th, Green's numbers stack up with any No6 in the game, DCE and Green were near the top if not top for repeats sets, he's got a very good kicking game and both players complimented each other. Should forget about spending for a gun half, this year, upgrade his contract a bit. We have a backup in Croker. We should of gone full out for another secondrower like Crighton and maybe another centre.

**** I don't know why Manly went searching for another 5/8th, Green's numbers stack up with any No6 in the game, DCE and Green were near the top if not top for repeats sets, he's got a very good kicking game and both players complimented each other. Should forget about spending for a gun half, this year, upgrade his contract a bit. We have a backup in Croker. We should of gone full out for another secondrower like Crighton and maybe another centre.
The article implies that manly didn’t go searching for another 5/8, rather that Moses and green have created a situation.

1. It is a Danny special

There has not been one call on this thread to let him rot in reserve grade....I said play him in firsts and if he is sulking and playing poorly then he can be dropped to reserves,that is the closest I can see to saying let him rot in reserve grade.That is still a long way from suggesting he rot in reserve grade.....For the record I am a bigger fan of his than many on here,but I have also seen the efforts in the past from Gifty,Choc,Foran and Snake when the issues with DCE's contract and Giftys' no contract saga started and know how some players can hold clubs to ransom if they and their managers demands are not met(not saying it will happen here but......).

Hastings wasn't used enough in 2017 for mine. Not enough minutes off the bench when he did get a run. Nor was he given starting runs to develop into a first grader. The kid can play and every bit as good as Hingano. (Hastings and Thompson) is IMO better then (Pierce/Green and Winterstein)

Look, if Green is being a bit of a **** now we can't just look upon his efforts badly. He was great for us in so many ways, and the only real criticism I can give him, over than wanting out (kinda understandable), is that he was poor with defencive reads at times.

Thanks Green for all you've done, now don't be a ****, let's get Pearcey now to finally get that premiership back

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Crocker is inexperienced . We wont benefit with an inexperienced and unproven half directing our team around.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
If we dont have a suitable replacement then we cant let him go, it would be ridiculous. 2017 was the one season where we looked stable in the halves and it showed in Dalys form. We will struggle for a top 8 spot without a decent 6, Hastings is untrustworthy and goes soft when the going gets tough, Cullen isnt a suitable option beside chez, all the others are too young. We need Green or Pearce otherwise I fail to see us challenging the top 8 sides.
people's thoughts on the idea of Siro playing 5/8? then another forward can come into the team, probably on the bench.