Manly See Red Over Blake Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Green is ok. I personally think his role in our team's performance has been overstated.

Sure, DCE played last year than he has for the few years before that, and Green played a part in that. But you are comparing Green to Walker @ 5/8 and a disinterested Foran. Both seriously below average options. Green is average. No better, no worse.

As others have said we need to be tough here. It's not that different to the Moylan situation at Penrith.

If they pay us a transfer fee or give us some quality talent they can have him and this could be a seriously good thing for us.
Hold on are you saying green and Walker pretty much performed the same the number 6 is this what you are stating

Manly see Green over Blake Red.

That is the headline I’m waiting for. Newspaper people are so literal, we need more of a Dali approach to this absurdity.

The colour pun “manly see red over green” is so lazy and tired. Go post modern, c’mon keep me interested you hacks.

Blake means black too btw.

There’s still a lot of movement to be had before round one. If he goes, who knows what signings we’ll end up making. If we miss out on Pearce, I do like the idea of giving Hastings a go and signing a quality player in another position. Maybe a centre and backrower. It’s not as if the role Green played was complex, or hard to emulate. Jackson passes vey well on both sides, has a great kicking game, defends at least as well as Green, kicks goals, is ten years younger, and likely on considerably less coin.

God bless some of you, but seriously...

If you think there is more than one or two players at the club that care about "Manly" and "Manly" only, then you are deluded. It's the 1970's anymore where footballers want to play for a particular club.

Cooper Cronk is at the Roosters next year in case you didn't notice?!

You hear it said so often, but it really is nothing more than a business to these players. Sure, they might have a preference for playing somewhere out of convenience or the coach or the players at a particular club but that's about it...

The colours, the culture, the fans, they are collateral. The clubs treat the players the same way the players treat the club. It is what it is. Manly would drop Green like a hot scone if they jagged another half they were happy with. So naturally he wants to put his family's financial future first.

I have no problem with him wanting out...he isn't that good anyway. He is a good honest first grader nearing the end of his patchy career and that is all.

We will be fine regardless. If Hastings sticks around, we could do worse than give him a run. I think people will realise he is simply solid as well though.

A bit cynical. I’m sure the Trbojevic brothers would disagree. Probably plenty of Kiwis who love playing for the Warriors, Brisbane juniors who love playing for the Broncos, North Qld juniors likewise with the Cowboys etc etc.

A bit cynical. I’m sure the Trbojevic brothers would disagree. Probably plenty of Kiwis who love playing for the Warriors, Brisbane juniors who love playing for the Broncos, North Qld juniors likewise with the Cowboys etc etc.
For me, Manly is a club players love to represent. Consider the following players Trbojevic boys, Stewart boys, Killer, Matai, Chez, Kingy, Kite, Menzies, Choc. And guys like Api, Walks, Marty, AFB, Jorge, Lussick, even Uate. I reckon they have definitely bought into the jersey.

Manly see Green over Blake Red.

That is the headline I’m waiting for.

Blake means black too btw.

You want to see "Manly are green over Blake Red".

= Manly are green over Black and Red...

= Manly are envious over the Bears...

You'll be waiting a while...

No, I don't think so.

I did say "outside of a couple"...even Bob Fulton, the immortal, in the old days, wound up playing the Chooks at the back end of his career.

Cronk is playing for the Roosters after 10 years of loyal service to the Storm. He will line up next season and do everything he can to beat Melbourne in that match. It's very different for the players and the fans have to understand it or live in fairy land...no skin of my nose.

I havent seen enough of Siro at 6 to know but Panthers had success pairing a ball playing backrower in cartwright with cleary. Could work but Id prefer an established 6.
He was a gun in the tigers 20s but to big i feel now mate , second row is where we need him . I thought Cartwright went well for a week or two then got hooked back to the scrum .

You want to see "Manly are green over Blake Red".

= Manly are green over Black and Red...

= Manly are envious over the Bears...

You'll be waiting a while...
I would love to see that. Coded messages that only select Silvertails can understand. Cheers.

Yes it’s not as if DWeidler is any stranger to trying to stir up trouble at Manly.

I don’t suppose Watmough has spoken to him for awhile.
Choc's having a little difficulty talking to anyone at the moment.

I wonder if Manly saw green over T red Symons?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10